Terrorist attacks Women's Health clinic, killing 3.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fuck anyone who defends the actions of this asshole, my god. If this dude was Muslim, everyone would be saying its terrorism, but because he's white he's not a terrorist. Call a fucking spade a spade

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

If PP does, in fact, turn out to be the target here, I'm baffled. How can someone be pro life, but be OK with murdering another human being?

If PP does, in fact, turn out to be the target here, I'm baffled. How can someone be pro life, but be OK with murdering another human being?

It's one of life's mysteries. I'm pro-life myself but have always been baffled by the countless amounts of pro-life supporters who are pro-capital punishment, can't fathom how you can justify that contradiction.

I don't know how to link to a Twitter account on the app, but the user @notmuchelse posted a long series of tweets detailing how even mainstream Republicans such as Ted Cruz and Mike Huckabee are affiliated with people who advocate violence against reproductive health clinics. It also goes into the long history of rhetoric on the right equating abortion with murder. I would highly recommend going and reading it

I don't know how to link to a Twitter account on the app, but the user @notmuchelse posted a long series of tweets detailing how even mainstream Republicans such as Ted Cruz and Mike Huckabee are affiliated with people who advocate violence against reproductive health clinics. It also goes into the long history of rhetoric on the right equating abortion with murder. I would highly recommend going and reading it

wow those pro-life peeps are pretty scary. never knew they're that anti-life

Time to start making a database of white, male Christians!

My initial thought was that if it wasn't an attack against PP, it was domestic violence, that the guy was going after a wife/girlfriend/ex/woman he was stalking. That wouldn't have surprised me one bit.

Both scenarios are awful and disgusting.

What does that have to do with this subject? Why is it that every time there's a story like this the right brings up Chicago and those damn blacks killing each other?

You don't understand or see the difference in these stories?

Good point. As terrible as the epidemic of mass shootings by straight white male Christians is, the real issue we face as a country is the widespread ease of access to firearms and the death that follows. It also shows how we need a national gun control policy because, as hard as a city like Chicago may try to ban guns, they simply become overwhelmed by the ease of access in states like Illinois and Indiana. Local laws aren't enough. That's what needs attention. The mass death that results from a mass shooting grabs headlines, is sensational like a plane crash, and it does serve as a reminder that domestic terrorism is far more of a threat than international terrorism (Islamicist or otherwise). But you've touched on the real issue: the need for less guns nationwide.

I haven't heard any arguments about arming the clinicians at Planned Parenthood like they do about teachers when there's a school shooting.

I wonder what the difference is?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

Heh. I'd love to see the folks at PP armed. Then those pussies protesters who have nothing else to do but bother women trying to get a pap smear for cheap might go home that day and mind their own fucking business for once.

/hot buttered whiskey post

Good point. As terrible as the epidemic of mass shootings by straight white male Christians is, the real issue we face as a country is the widespread ease of access to firearms and the death that follows. It also shows how we need a national gun control policy because, as hard as a city like Chicago may try to ban guns, they simply become overwhelmed by the ease of access in states like Illinois and Indiana. Local laws aren't enough. That's what needs attention. The mass death that results from a mass shooting grabs headlines, is sensational like a plane crash, and it does serve as a reminder that domestic terrorism is far more of a threat than international terrorism (Islamicist or otherwise). But you've touched on the real issue: the need for less guns nationwide.

You're the best

On a different, but still sort of related tangent for a moment, I'm wondering how the pro life crowd's been reacting to Jeb's recent thing of "hell yeah", he'd kill baby Hitler if he had the chance. If there's been any outcry, I've yet to hear about it.

Anywho. This story. Just...yeah :sigh:.

It's funny, too, how quiet the GOP is being in response to this tragic event. Especially considering how often they've been spouting off about and attacking the organization in general in all their political campaigns and debates and whatnot of late. Curious, that.

Also, Irvine, awesome post.

Was Jeb Bush's baby Hitler comment discussed to any great length here? That was probably one of the biggest missing-the-point statements I've heard from politicians, and there have been a lot.

Woa.. people actually still rally at abortion clinics there? :crack: Wowzers. Whatever happened to that separation of church and state?

Fine if you don't agree with abortion, don't get an abortion then. But for fuck's sake let other people make their own choices.

Was Jeb Bush's baby Hitler comment discussed to any great length here? That was probably one of the biggest missing-the-point statements I've heard from politicians, and there have been a lot.

What is there to discuss? That a serious contender for presidential office was standing in a room where this was a topic of debate pretty much ends the conversation.

Woa.. people actually still rally at abortion clinics there? :crack: Wowzers. Whatever happened to that separation of church and state?

Fine if you don't agree with abortion, don't get an abortion then. But for fuck's sake let other people make their own choices.

In Toronto there's a group of about a dozen teenagers (pretty sure they're a church youth group) who spend their entire summer vacations standing on the busiest corners downtown with 4'x4' posters of aborted fetuses. Sunrise to sunset, every single day. It's infuriating.

I blame the media for this. They used to have a duty to report on stories, but most importantly, report on facts.

I don't believe I saw one outlet call bullshit on all the lies about PP. instead they may have an "opinion" piece that asks "is it true?"

Isn't the medias job to present the facts?

We go to wars, get no information on policy, and allow and fan the flames on hateful fear-mongering.

Had people come out and called bullshit on "baby parts" of PP heavily edited video, maybe we don't have lunatics scared out of their mind and ready to kill to protect whatever bullshit narrative they believe

In Toronto there's a group of about a dozen teenagers (pretty sure they're a church youth group) who spend their entire summer vacations standing on the busiest corners downtown with 4'x4' posters of aborted fetuses. Sunrise to sunset, every single day. It's infuriating.

it's just a front

they're selling drugs,

Back
Top Bottom