Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia Dies - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-14-2016, 07:25 PM   #81
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,899
Local Time: 07:54 PM
Any senators up for reelection this year shouldn't be allowed to vote for the SCOTUS nominee, because they could be lame duck candidates.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app
__________________

__________________

BoMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 08:46 PM   #82
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,600
Local Time: 02:54 PM
Death of Justice suspicious


yeah, they are never going to say, he took a performance enhancing drug and his companion called in a panic when he was unresponsive

it always goes like this, they found him alone in the morning, he died of natural causes, no autopsy report
__________________

deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 09:23 PM   #83
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 17,309
Local Time: 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
That sounds reasonable, like when they replaced Thurgood Marshall, the most liberal court member, George HW Bush would choose a moderate. Right?

Because they would not want to upset the balance on the court too much.

How humorous. You're so clever, deep.

I wasn't describing Obama doing something that was with intentions of "being fair." I was describing him doing something that's possible, given a Repube controlled congress that is more divided than ever which will intentionally look to block it just because Obama.
LuckyNumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 09:39 PM   #84
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
Death of Justice suspicious





yeah, they are never going to say, he took a performance enhancing drug and his companion called in a panic when he was unresponsive



it always goes like this, they found him alone in the morning, he died of natural causes, no autopsy report

The family is refusing an autopsy


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Oregoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 10:02 PM   #85
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 66,288
Local Time: 05:54 PM
One doesn't question Cinderella
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 12:35 PM   #86
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,065
Local Time: 05:54 PM
the right wing websites are a joy to read today. the Scalia meltdown is something to behold.
Irvine511 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 01:41 PM   #87
Refugee
 
Bluer White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,097
Local Time: 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
the right wing websites are a joy to read today. the Scalia meltdown is something to behold.
It's been interesting to revisit our senators and former senators' comments on Supreme nominations over the last decade or two.
Bluer White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 02:35 PM   #88
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 04:54 PM
Not one to give credence to conspiracy theories, I will just say this:

"Marfa, Texas" where Scalia died over the weekend is an anagram for "at a sex farm". Need I say more? The prosecution rests.


Borrowed this from a friend on Facebook,


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 02:58 PM   #89
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 64,498
Local Time: 03:54 PM
I hear Marfa's actually a cool town.
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 03:05 PM   #90
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I hear Marfa's actually a cool town.

It is, it's turned into quite the art community, in the middle of nowhere.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 04:02 PM   #91
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,600
Local Time: 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I hear Marfa's actually a cool town.
Why am I not surprised

(at a sex farm)
deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 04:09 PM   #92
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 64,498
Local Time: 03:54 PM
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 04:42 PM   #93
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 05:54 PM
'No Country for Old Men' and 'There Will Be Blood' were the two front-runners in the Oscar race were both filming in Marfa at the same time. Smoke from the 'Blood' set delayed filming for 'Old Men' a couple hours. 'No Country for Old Men' would go on to win best picture.

DDL would go to the Sex Farm in character.
Oregoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 08:02 PM   #94
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post

Sure, I think if the situation were reversed and a Republican president were up against a heavily Democratic Senate, the Democrats would do their part to disagree with the Republican president's pick.
You are correct. Chuck Schumer did the exact same thing in 2007 ( more than a year before Bush left office )

Oregoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 08:18 PM   #95
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
You are correct. Chuck Schumer did the exact same thing in 2007 ( more than a year before Bush left office )




The EXACT same thing? Did you not listen to the video you posted?


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 09:52 PM   #96
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
The EXACT same thing? Did you not listen to the video you posted?

It is true there is only one Chuck Schumer so he's not going to be verbatim to what McConnell says now. You're just picking gnat shit out of pepper, to argue for a purist comparison of Senate blocking language. The one major difference is Schumer was making these statements with 18 months to go before January 2009 as opposed to 11 months till January 2017.

Bob Dole once quipped that "the most dangerous place in Washington is between Charles Schumer and a television camera"
Oregoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:01 PM   #97
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,065
Local Time: 05:54 PM
I certainly do hope the GOP throws a 10-month tantrum. All the better for turnout.
Irvine511 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:33 PM   #98
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
I certainly do hope the GOP throws a 10-month tantrum. All the better for turnout.
The energy is on the GOP side and with the BernieBros. The tantrum could cut the other way.
Oregoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:41 PM   #99
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
It is true there is only one Chuck Schumer so he's not going to be verbatim to what McConnell says now. You're just picking gnat shit out of pepper, to argue for a purist comparison of Senate blocking language. The one major difference is Schumer was making these statements with 18 months to go before January 2009 as opposed to 11 months till January 2017.



Bob Dole once quipped that "the most dangerous place in Washington is between Charles Schumer and a television camera"

No, the big difference that escaped you was that he said they would block unless they were shown it was a choice that matched with the mainstream. It wasn't just some blanket blocking "because Bush". He also went on to explain how recent appointments were lied about to get extremists in. The difference in his speech vs the current clown car is reasoning vs pure agenda. Can you really not see that?


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:56 PM   #100
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
No, the big difference that escaped you was that he said they would block unless they were shown it was a choice that matched with the mainstream. It wasn't just some blanket blocking "because Bush". He also went on to explain how recent appointments were lied about to get extremists in. The difference in his speech vs the current clown car is reasoning vs pure agenda. Can you really not see that?

What I see is we have a differing view on what constitutes mainstream vs extremist. Do you consider Chief Justice Roberts extremist ?
__________________

Oregoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×