Study:Christians Under Threat Around the World

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Likewise. I would find it nigh on impossible to accept (and/or respect) everyone's political opinions myself.

I guess when M_A said "accept", I took it to mean, "Accept that people are going to believe what they want", not "accept it as a reasonable belief"

but I don't like it when an atheist said something to me the other week "Children will believe what they are told from a young age". It may be true in many cases but there are also many cases where children get older and follow their own beliefs. In the context of our conversation I also felt it to be disrespectful towards my mum. She brought me up as a single parent after my dad died a few months before I was born. His comments really upset me. I don't care if Richard Dawkins is his hero, he's not mine!

I respect Dawkins intelligence and atheist views, but compared to my mum he's nothing, so if I have a hero it's my mum. I've watched a few of Dawkins documentaries on TV. I've never read The God Delusion (do I have to), but then I also know of an American cell biologist called Kenneth Miller who says that evolution is true and is compatible with a believe in God (he's a Catholic but I'm not).

I think that some atheists, but not all, can be almost as bad as some religious groups.

Hypothetically, what if the person believed in white supremacism/fascism?

Should you respect it? No.

Should you accept it because chances are that person won't change their beliefs overnight? Might as well.

In the meantime, avoid them as much as possible if they anger you so much.

I think that some atheists, but not all, can be almost as bad as some religious groups.

Why should anyone be inherently better or worse? It's all individuals, every single one of them. Whether Christian, Muslim, Jew, Buddhist or Atheist.
Some people will upset you because they have a different opinion about them.

Egyptian mosque turned into house of torture for Christians after Muslim Brotherhood protest | Fox News

Egyptian mosque turned into house of torture for Christians after Muslim Brotherhood protest

Islamic hard-liners stormed a mosque in suburban Cairo, turning it into torture chamber for Christians who had been demonstrating against the ruling Muslim Brotherhood in the latest case of violent persecution that experts fear will only get worse.

Such stories have become increasingly common as tensions between Egypt’s Muslims and Copts mount, but in the latest case, mosque officials corroborated much of the account and even filed a police report. Demonstrators, some of whom were Muslim, say they were taken from the Muslim Brotherhood headquarters in suburban Cairo to a nearby mosque on Friday and tortured for hours by hard-line militia members.

:sad:

And you blanked out all but the Christians that got killed, or why is it a topic here instead of in the other thread?

Only the Christians matter.

You should hear Fox News coverage of this, they're doing the same. They even had some commentator talk about how Obama finally used the word "Christian" when talking about this crisis, "but unfortunately then had to include it along with the other groups targeted".

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

And you blanked out all but the Christians that got killed, or why is it a topic here instead of in the other thread?

I have not "blank out" anything.

I am aware that the Kurdsw and Yazidis are also being persecuted and murdered.
It is horrifying what is being done to all the religious minorities in Iraq. It is pure evil.

I posted the link here because the topic of this thread is about Christian persecution occurring today.

There is persecution of everything. ISIS is not particularly picky about who they persecute. They kill Shia Muslim, Sunni Muslim who don't adhere to their crazy rules, and all persons of other religious minorities.
Kurds are an ethnic minority, not a religious minority. They are mostly Muslim, of those about 90% Sunni Muslim and ten percent are Shia. Besides, there are more than 20 often ancient and very small religions.
Yezidi are ethnically Kurdish.

Back
Top Bottom