Student to auction her virginity ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seems to me that this is more to make a point than anything else. And not one criticism for the blokes who will offer to pay what is generally considered an obscene amount of money?
Point made?

It seems like a given to me that any man willing to spend a lot of money to deflower someone putting herself up for auction deserves only a look of scorn and an "Ew." I don't know what there really is to discuss about that aspect of it.

I think that we've lost respect for the human body and our own personal integrity. It saddens me to think about her parents and what they might think.

I know may be overly conservative but come on, let's draw the line somewhere...

Sex is natural human instinct. There's no overiding rule that says it has to be with a lover or whatever.

She'll be getting paid handsomely for something she'll probably enjoy anyway.

It seems like a given to me that any man willing to spend a lot of money to deflower someone putting herself up for auction deserves only a look of scorn and an "Ew." I don't know what there really is to discuss about that aspect of it.

So there's a moral difference between men who pay for it and the women who sell it?

I don't really think so, no. I just thought the female half of the story was more interesting than the male bidders. They just get a look of disdain and an "ew" from me.

Well, so does she, but I had more to say about it. ;)

haha good true, yes. It is 'interesting', whatever she's really up to with this caper! I can't help but feel it will fizzle out like that bird on a show we had here (you may have had similar) where she was intending to get married on tv to a guy the show arranged for. Or was it radio? Maybe both. :hmm: Either way, the marriage was annulled very shortly after once she 'realised she could not get to know and fall in love with someone under such circumstances'. you don't say, sweetheart? Such a ridiculous waste of time and money and everything from everyone involved.

I would be very surprised if this whole plot followed through to its promised ending. How would we know, anyway? Who's to say they really went through with it - that the maidenhead was breached (even if there really is one to be breached), that money changed hands?

What's to stop her from coming forth later to say "A mysterious stranger gave me a bazillion dollars to pop my hymen, and we did it. There were fireworks, and rockets, and flowers blooming, and trains going into tunnels ... " when it's all a big lie?

This has been done before

I remember a girl in the UK doing it a while back. For the same reason ithink, to put herself through school.

ewwww $1,000,000 for her virginity? puhlease, what does she think she is, is her hymen made out of gold gossamer, and when they do it angels will flutter down from the sky and sing her praises? I mean, talk about tickets on yourself. hahahaha!

All I got was a bunch of flowers, a risotto and the promise of undying love forever. What gives?!

:lmao:

I do agree with those who are saying she might not have thought about the future repurcussions of this. :wink"

What's to stop her from coming forth later to say "A mysterious stranger gave me a bazillion dollars to pop my hymen, and we did it. There were fireworks, and rockets, and flowers blooming, and trains going into tunnels ... " when it's all a big lie?

Women lie about a sexual experience?

Women don't do that.

I still don't see how it's legal. I mean...I realize the act is going to take place in a legal place, but nationwide bidding? It just ...I don't know it doesn't feel like it should be legally allowed.

that is easy

there will be no exchange of money or services
except in the part of Nevada where it is legal

the Internet will only be used screen clients
and make appointments for the negotiations/ services

Back
Top Bottom