Steve Jobs resigns as CEO of Apple

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can remember reading about Steve Jobs and the upstart Macintosh in Rolling Stone magazine in the early 80's. His partner Steve Wozniak put on the US Festival. My generations Woodstock (an epic set by U2 being a highlight).

These guys are modern day Henry Fords responsible for making many, many people prosperous.

Best wishes to Steve Jobs.

Does anyone here work in the Valley or have Valley connections? Wanna spill the beans on Jobs or is it too early?

He has very serious health (cancer) issues.

that is what this is about.

True, but I know he's had that particular issue for years now in varying degrees of severity. It seems, as of late, anyway, that he's been in fairly decent health. I'm just hoping it didn't turn extremely grave so quickly.

He's battled cancer on and off for what seems like a while now. I hope he pulls through, but he has made appearances looking pretty sickly before and his weight has been all over the place in prior public appearances.

For those who demeans Apple as a transformative force in the technology industry: you're fucking wrong.

NhYIm.jpg

UQAQ4.jpg

to this

Tmcmo.png

Probably taking a wise decision there , wish him all the best as well.
I still he is behind some extraordinary technology. :heart: Unlike some others. I like how simple they can make things.

If it's health issues (seems more than likely) it's very sad. Never easy being sick in the public eye with the whole world speculating on long you've got left (remember poor Freddie Mercury). I'm not an Apple fanboy, but there's no denying Job's visionary genius. He let smart innovative people be smart and innovating. He gave us Pixar. He still had another 15 years of greatness in him, but it seems he's been cut down in his relative prime.

I expect a general drop in quality, but as long as he stays at least somewhat involved it shouldn't get too bad.

For those who demeans Apple as a transformative force in the technology industry: you're fucking wrong.

I don't demean Apple at all. I own my share of their products.

But being honest they have had winners and losers.

410_30_1999-Apple-Cube.jpg

as a business, I wish I would have bought Apple stock instead of MS and Intel 20 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom