SoHo Racist Karen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
The hotel manager also behaved in a completely racist way, defending her and trying to get the phone for her. Just assuming that what she said was true because the other guests are black. The video and the entire incident sickens me. Horribly symbolic way to end 2020.

She did this to a 14 year old boy. And physically went after him.

Also the hotel "apology" is completely lame.

b0dd11cbde8658db15772fb8310512c179-hotel-karen.2x.rsquare.w1200.jpg

https://youtu.be/p_HesEjIWx0

The Manhattan district attorney’s office is investigating an ugly confrontation inside a Soho hotel where a woman falsely accused a Black teenager of stealing her iPhone and lunged at him, the DA’s office told Intelligencer on Monday. The NYPD is investigating a complaint of harassment, according to a spokesperson.

On Saturday, jazz musician Keyon Harrold and his 14-year-old son were staying at the Arlo hotel when they were confronted by an unidentified woman in the lobby. Harrold started recording video of the incident that showed the woman screaming at Harrold’s son, accusing him of stealing her phone, and asking a man who identified himself as a hotel manager to take the phone from the teenager. “Take the case off that’s mine. Literally get it back,” she tells the manager. Harrold responded as they moved through the lobby, “You think there’s only one iPhone made in the world?” The woman followed, then allegedly tackled Harrold’s son.

Harrold’s video went viral over the weekend, racking up over 1.8 million views on Instagram alone. Harrold’s attorney, Ben Crump, said the family wants the woman charged with assault and battery.

Harrold told the New York Times he believes he and his son, who are both Black, were racially profiled by the woman. The hotel told the Times it had called police during the incident. Harrold said on Instagram that the hotel told him the woman’s missing phone was dropped off by an Uber driver soon after the confrontation.

“No apology from her after this traumatic situation to my son, not me. No apologies from the establishment. This shit happens so often. It needs to stop!!!” Harrold wrote on Instagram on Sunday. (The hotel later apologized.)

Harrold, 40, is a jazz trumpeter who has performed with Common, Jay Z, Beyoncé, and Rihanna, and won a Grammy Award for music he performed in a 2015 Miles Davis biopic starring Don Cheadle.

Last edited:
She seems quite entitled, what a surprise

Hotels are apparently a favored stomping ground for the so-called “Soho Karen” who falsely accused a black teen of stealing her iPhone in a violent, caught-on-video confrontation in Manhattan.

It turns out that 10 months before she allegedly went berserk in a Soho lobby on the day after Christmas, Miya Ponsetto, 22, was busted in February after she and her mom allegedly caused a disturbance at the Peninsula Hotel in Beverly Hills by refusing to leave, according to TMZ.

The Post detailed that California criminal case against Ponsetto and her mom Nicole, who were slapped with public intoxication charges in the incident.

But TMZ’s account adds new details.

Hotel staff had asked the women to leave, and called the cops when the pair refused — only to have Nicole Ponsetto allegedly assault an officer, pushing and kicking the cop, TMZ reported.

The mom faces an additional charge of battery on a police officer and both women are due in court later this month.

The incident apparently did little to scare Ponsetto straight — just a day after she was charged with public intoxication for the Peninsula Hotel incident, on May 27, she was slapped with a drunken driving charge in Los Angeles County, where she pleaded no contest, TMZ said.

Ponsetto faces potential charges in New York, including assault, grand larceny or attempted robbery, the NYPD has said

Ponsetto is currently staying with her mom in California, where The Post snapped her Friday as she picked up a fast-food lunch, telling our lensman, “I don’t know what the problem is here,” and “I’m also Puerto Rican, so thank you.”

“She was a popular girl, one of the cheerleaders, a grade older than me” at Simi Valley High School in California, another former student told The Post Saturday.

“She wouldn’t even look your way if she thought you weren’t important or if you didn’t have money,” said the ex-student, Vannessa Stoerchle, now of Phoenix.

“But I was really surprised to see this,” she said.

“Weird to see someone in high school who was a popular girl end up this way. Never thought Miya would end up racially profiling some one like that,” she added.

“She was one of those girls who seemed to have everything handed to her.”

Back
Top Bottom