Shooting/Terrorism in Paris

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BEAL

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Apparently up to or over 60 people dead.

Hostages held in a concert hall.

Explosions heard around the Germany/France soccer stadium

As always we'll get a million different scenarios before the dust settles and facts come out. Horrible event

This makes me sad. Hoping it doesn't get any worse than what it is, and that everyone is in a safe place.

The Telegraph's Rory Mulholland reports:
quotes_1817837a.gif
A friend's daughter, Annette, got a text message a few minutes ago from one of her friends who is still in Le Carillon café, one of the places hit. "We all ran inside when the shooting started and dived for the ground. At this moment we have been told by police to remain on the ground. There are several bodies alongside us."

The café is usually packed on a Friday night, with dozens of people standing outside drinking or sitting on the terrace.
The Petit Cambodge is opposite the Carillon and is also always packed on a weekend night.

Auto updates: Paris shooting: Scores killed and injured after 'Kalashnikov and grenade attacks' across French capital with dozens of hostages taken - Telegraph

Looks like they're going to try to breach/storm the building the hostages are in.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

The story from that radio reporter who managed to escape from the Bataclan was chilling. The situation in there must be a nightmare.

I also don't want to start imagining what this is going to do with regards to the refugee crisis in Europe....

Last edited:
So this happened DURING the EoDM concert? Jesus.

WaPo had a report from the drummer's mother that the band escaped and went to a police station. They called their loved ones at the station because they didn't have time to grab anything when they fled so none of them had phones. Unclear what the status of the band's crew is.

I mean they're systematically killing people in there. Terrifying. The French police are probably going to have to storm the building. I think they're not going to have a choice. There's no ransom that I'm aware of. These people don't want anything but to kill.

Yeah, seems like they just went in.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

WaPo had a report from the drummer's mother that the band escaped and went to a police station. They called their loved ones at the station because they didn't have time to grab anything when they fled so none of them had phones. Unclear what the status of the band's crew is.

Not to be a hypocrite from the u2 thread, but thank God for that at least. Praying for the same for as many as possible.

I must update that: apparently not all of the band members are yet accounted for according to a Facebook statement by the band.

bb35f753d0f02407cfd3a802b6222f89fc88df4a.jpg

Translation:
I'm still inside the Bataclan. First floor. Badly hurt! They have to hurry with the assault. There are survivors inside. They are executing everybody. One by one. First floor hurry!!

Fucking terrifying. I have a good friend who I work with (he's in another department) from Paris, his whole family lives there. He was frightened during Charlie Hebdo and I can only imagine how distraught he is now.

Jesus, I was just on the phone with Travis, and he made a JOKE about the right issuing some statement like that. It didn't even take 15 minutes from the conversation for it to happen in reality. Fucking hell. I don't like to hate. It's something I feel like I'm not supposed to do. Find the good in people. Etc. But I hate him. I hate them. I hate this shit. I hate what they stand for, I hate that they are politicking for the media, for web hits, for an agenda that is absolutely fucking meaningless except to keep people at home glued to the television and the campaign dollars rolling in because people keep BELIEVING that shit. It doesn't even seem to matter that at the shooting last month there were people on campus armed and it prevented NOTHING. Who cares about facts? Just keep screaming the same inanity into the ether over and over if it means the bankroll keeps growing.

Fucking hell.

I hate to use this word, but I find this absolutely terrifying. Just the thought. I was at a venue of the same size just last night. I live in a major city. It just scares the hell out of me that this is a thing that can just happen.

Back
Top Bottom