Senate Releases Report on CIA Interrogation Techniques

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"interrogation techniques"?

let's just say "torture."

i wanted to throw my coffee at Morning Joe this morning as Nichole Wallace was moved to tears at the bravery of the Bush administration.

i also wish people would stop implying that waterboarding worked. they did it to KSM 270+ times. how effective is that? and the actionable intelligence they got was achieved through other methods.

I said torture in the first sentence, I was just being cognizant of how poorly my title for the Ferguson thread went over and didn't want to make the whole thread about how I'm an asshole when there's a legitimate issue to talk about here.

[rant]
The saddest part of this whole thing is that absolutely no one will be held accountable. No trial, no jail time, nothing.

Oh yes, the United States of America takes a strong stand against torture. Unless we did it, in which case, gosh, we're really sorry that happened, we won't do it again and could you stop asking about it now?

I'm incredibly disappointed in the Obama administration for the way they've handled this. Trying to stall its release, arguing that it could put American lives in jeopardy. You know a good way to handle its release? Hold the people accountable who allowed this to happen. Give the world a message that we take this shit seriously and no one, no matter their rank in the government, can allow and encourage the use of torture and not face serious legal consequences.
[/rant]

I said torture in the first sentence, I was just being cognizant of how poorly my title for the Ferguson thread went over and didn't want to make the whole thread about how I'm an asshole when there's a legitimate issue to talk about here.

well, unarmed black teenagers are understandably upsetting to many people. what if they are armed?

Apparently there was at least one prisoner who was tortured to death, and his torturer faced absolutely no consequences.

The US government killed a prisoner through torture, and no one even got so much as a slap on the wrist.

And of course all those reports of torture leading to substantive intelligence turned out to be... the CIA actively leaking lies to cover its ass.

Sickening.

This conversation is pointless

There is a real ongoing crime occurring each day, the sun comes up and goes down

there is zero rational and no legitimate legal standing to hold people in cages indefinitely,

cia-global-network.svg

I like how conservatives paint this report as a meaningless bit of partisanship form the left.

Meanwhile, they're engaging on their eight Benghazi investigation after the first seven turned up nothing. Better to brush aside actual government misdeeds in order to try and find one. :up:

It is dispiriting but there is a very simple reason (well one very simple reason) why you don't see an Obama (or successor) administration Truth and Reconciliation/Retribution Commission: you do it to our guys, we do it to yours.

It's why Cheney isn't in jail. Well, one reason.

I like how conservatives paint this report as a meaningless bit of partisanship form the left.

Meanwhile, they're engaging on their eight Benghazi investigation after the first seven turned up nothing. Better to brush aside actual government misdeeds in order to try and find one. :up:

I'm not painting anything. It is a report released by the Democrats. It is a fact that the top Democrats knew early and approved the use of these enhanced interrogation methods.

They KNEW.

The release of this is purely political and will do great harm.

We are at war with these terrorists. They want to kill us and destroy our way of life.

John Kerry even tried to urge the Democrats not to release it right now.
Kerry urges Democrats to consider timing of release of CIA interrogation report - The Washington Post

I'm not painting anything. It is a report released by the Democrats. It is a fact that the top Democrats knew early and approved the use of these enhanced interrogation methods.

They KNEW.

The release of this is purely political and will do great harm.

We are at war with these terrorists. They want to kill us and destroy our way of life.

John Kerry even tried to urge the Democrats not to release it right now.
Kerry urges Democrats to consider timing of release of CIA interrogation report - The Washington Post

Although i don`t like Republicans, i respect Mcain`s stand on torture. A also was surprised to read that Japanse soldiers got put away in jail for a long time or even got the death penalty after WW2 because they did torture American POW. I guess torture is not ok in all cases.

For someone who considers himself a libertarian, iron horse is surprisingly down with state violence.

I loved the generic "they want to destroy our way of life!!!" too, that's great.

Back
Top Bottom