Ron Paul discusses the American Power Structure and the Corporate Oligarchy-from 1988

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yer man is still at it 21 years later. Below is part of an interview with Time magazine only a few days ago.

I'm not one of his followers, but his plain-spoken views are important to have around (to keep us in touch with the basic notions of liberty). He has a refreshing view on many subjects. Other times I think he goes a bit too far. How's that for wishy-washy?

YouTube - Ron Paul - Time Magazine Interview 9/17

One response and the Miley Ray thread gets hundreds. What can I say? The sheeple can't handle the truth!

I spent the first 13 years of my education beginning every classroom day by pledging allegiance the US flag. I spent those same 13 years learning all about George Washington, Abe Lincoln, Pearl Harbor, etc. All worthy endeavors. In the process, patriotism and nationalism were secured, but I still learned nothing about the fundamentals of the American system (except an overview of the 3 branches of government and the "checks and balances"). Namely, not one minute of those 13 years was devoted to the operation of the stock market, modern banking system, etc. In hindsight, I've always thought that was gross negligence on the part of our educational system. I get the Wall Street Journal delivered to my doorstep every day, and I still have no idea how to read most of it. Why do US students have to go to an advanced business school to learn what really makes our country and economy work? I suppose most of us are not groomed for anything but a supporting role on the stage.

I spent the first 13 years of my education beginning every classroom day by pledging allegiance the US flag. I spent those same 13 years learning all about George Washington, Abe Lincoln, Pearl Harbor, etc. All worthy endeavors. In the process, patriotism and nationalism were secured, but I still learned nothing about the fundamentals of the American system (except an overview of the 3 branches of government and the "checks and balances"). Namely, not one minute of those 13 years was devoted to the operation of the stock market, modern banking system, etc. In hindsight, I've always thought that was gross negligence on the part of our educational system. I get the Wall Street Journal delivered to my doorstep every day, and I still have no idea how to read most of it. Why do US students have to go to an advanced business school to learn what really makes our country and economy work? I suppose most of us are not groomed for anything but a supporting role on the stage.

:up:

Wow. I thought economics education was bad enough on this side of the pond.

That said, there are plenty of Harvard MBA grad who still don't have a clue. Or who do have a clue but knowingly participate in frauds on the public, which is even worse. A lot of such people get their jobs largely through family connections.

And what about the Ron Paul sheep? Do they even know what the truth is anymore?

The 'sheeple' reference was partially in jest. Ron Paul and the 'Austrian School' he subscribes don't hold a monopoly on wisdom, and the thesis that returning to a gold backed currency is the best way forward is certainly highly debatable.

That said, you don't do yourselves any favours with the approach implied in your post. Critique Ron Paul's thesis using a logical, analytical approach, and then I might take your contributions more seriously.

But you do? Give me a break... You've always avoided the difficult questions when coming to Ron Paul only clinging onto the certain platitudes that you prescribe to...

Lame response, even for you. The reality is you are completely prejudiced - as prejudiced, in your own way, as any neo-con. If Ron Paul cleaved to left wing politics, you'd be part of his amen corner - especially given the things he has said, equally critical of Republicans as Democrats, and certainly critical of the corporate and banking establishment. But no, because Ron Paul holds a few views deemed as 'right wing', BVS has to completely dismiss every single thing he has to say.

Lame response, even for you. The reality is you are completely prejudiced - as prejudiced, in your own way, as any neo-con. If Ron Paul cleaved to left wing politics, you'd be part of his amen corner - especially given the things he has said, equally critical of Republicans as Democrats, and certainly critical of the corporate and banking establishment. But no, because Ron Paul holds a few views deemed as 'right wing', BVS has to completely dismiss every single thing he has to say.

:doh: How easily you forget. I've told you and this board many times that I've known Ron Paul and his family for a long time, this has nothing to do with prejudice but everything to do with knowing some facts. But keep up with your M.O. :up: I haven't dismissed anything, in fact why don't you re-read my posts in this thread and show me whatever I've dismissed. So typical.

Has it been made known yet that Ron Paul is a Libertarian?

Um, he sold you guys out a long time ago...:wave:

Economics is required in 12th grade, as is Government class in which we spent a great deal of time learning about lobbyists and corruption. Maybe things have changed since you went to school. Or maybe my school district is doing something right? :ohmy:

I still failed economics :happy:

Shouldn't have tacked it on to the end of senior year!

:doh: How easily you forget. I've told you and this board many times that I've known Ron Paul and his family for a long time, this has nothing to do with prejudice but everything to do with knowing some facts. But keep up with your M.O. :up: I haven't dismissed anything, in fact why don't you re-read my posts in this thread and show me whatever I've dismissed. So typical.

Er, yeah. I remember that you mentioned that you knew his family, and you vaguely hinted that he was primarily interested in advancing his own political career or something of that nature. Big deal. That's the nature of politics. I am sure of the tens of thousands of people that have at one time or other posted on this website, some have known Bono personally and some of these have had positive impressions and some not so positive. Someone on this board once mentioned a vague acquantaince with the Bush twins. Again, it doesn't really impact on a discussion of the rightness or wrongness of Bush's policies one way or the other.

I, for one, am glad that Paul serves as a vehicle allowing ideas outside of mainstream opinion to be given a hearing. He was ahead of the posse on Austrian economics. He's been talking about it for decades and now, post credit crunch, it's become fashionable.

Er, yeah. I remember that you mentioned that you knew his family, and you vaguely hinted that he was primarily interested in advancing his own political career or something of that nature. Big deal. That's the nature of politics. I am sure of the tens of thousands of people that have at one time or other posted on this website, some have known Bono personally and some of these have had positive impressions and some not so positive. Someone on this board once mentioned a vague acquantaince with the Bush twins. Again, it doesn't really impact on a discussion of the rightness or wrongness of Bush's policies one way or the other.

Just make sure next time you make an accusation about being prejudiced and just dismissing someone based on a side you have something to back it up. Otherwise you look foolish. I've known this man's personal and policy for a long time.

Just make sure next time you make an accusation about being prejudiced and just dismissing someone based on a side you have something to back it up. Otherwise you look foolish. I've known this man's personal and policy for a long time.

Once more unto the breech..

financeguy said:
Critique Ron Paul's thesis using a logical, analytical approach, and then I might take your contributions more seriously.

Once more unto the breech..

Here's the problem. You post a 48 minute video, you don't get a lot of responses so you go on attack:

What can I say? The sheeple can't handle the truth!

You call everyone who doesn't like Paul sheep, so I question your sheephood, and you go on attack again. It's you MO. Logic and analytical approach was not used by the OP, so the thread was destined to die.

A lot of what Paul says in the 48 minutes I have no problem with, it's his approach and conclusions I usually have a problem with...

Did you miss the part where fg said that comment was partly in jest? Lighten up, BVS.

There wasn't much in the post or his posting history that showed me that that was nothing but him covering his tracks. :shrug:

You and I both know this poster has a propensity of making such sweeping attacks so without any winks or obvious signs of being in jest I took it at face value.

Forgive me.

i watched the first 10 min of that vid on youtube and all i have to say is :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

you never hear that kind of stuff on MSM

Back
Top Bottom