Rogue JetBlue attendant: Hero or villain?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it's is looking more and more, like this guy is a fraud

Sources tells CBS 2’s Marcia Kramer that police have completed interviews with 70 percent of the passengers aboard Monday’s bizarre JetBlue flight at Kennedy Airport and all of them said they never saw flight attendant Steven Slater get hit in the head with a piece of luggage or argue with anyone.

This flies in the face of what Slater has said led to his now-infamous meltdown...

Meanwhile, a pair of Pittsburgh women aboard a JetBlue flight said Slater was rude to passengers and instigated the confrontation that resulted in his spectacular exit.

Marjorie Briskin, 53, told The Wall Street Journal that Slater blurted out an expletive during an otherwise normal conversation with a passenger over luggage.

Another woman, 25-year-old Lauren Dominijanni, told the Journal that Slater was immediately rude to her. She said he “rolled his eyes at me” when she asked for a wipe to clean up coffee someone spilled on her seat.

The paper quoted Briskin as saying that Slater’s conversation about luggage with the as-yet unidentified passenger was normal but turned nasty after Slater said the expletive.

“I didn’t think she was rude in the least,” Briskin said, according to the paper. “It really blew my mind. It was so inappropriate.”

He admits that pulling the plug on his career – and the now infamous emergency slide – has crossed his mind before.

“Oh, of course I’ve thought about it,” he said with a smile. “For 20 years I’ve thought about it, but you never think you’re gonna do it!”

Prosecutors said the emergency escape slide deploys at 3,000 pounds of pressure per square inch and "causes a risk of serious physical injury or death if it strikes people working under the aircraft." They also said the cost to replace the escape slide is $25,000, according to Jet Blue security.

Slater’s Story Raises Suspicion � CBS New York- News, Sports, Weather, Traffic and the Best of NY

Well I guess you'd have to see his work record and see how many complaints he has against him-not matter how rude he's been, if no passengers have complained then it's really just his word against the passengers on that flight who say otherwise. They're all getting a $100 voucher from Jet Blue. If he didn't get hurt by the bag or the overhead, then he did it exiting the plane or it was self inflicted somehow.

8/11/2010 12:20 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

Multiple JetBlue employees who recently worked with Steven Slater tell TMZ the rogue flight attendant was flying high on something called "Blue Juice" in the days before his meltdown ... and apparently, that's a good thing.

We're told "Blue Juice" is the company's equivalent to "school spirit" -- and Slater was so "juiced" up -- all the time -- that many people considered him to be "Mr. JetBlue."

In fact, we spoke with a JetBlue flight attendant who had recently worked on a flight with Steven -- and he tells us Steven was one of the nicest, easiest people he ever worked with.

The flight attendant also told us he distinctly remembers the way Slater diffused an explosive situation with an "irate" passenger in the weeks before Monday's meltdown.

Our source also tells us Steven had so much "Blue Juice" -- that he was recently nominated for the Inflight Values Committee by his peers.

:shrug: Who knows?

31967_540.jpg

Is it so awesome that you would pay $25000 to do that?

I can not see any reason why Slater should not be required to pay the cost.

How do you think the 100 passengers that were waiting to board that plane for the next flight felt? Not to mention their loved ones that may have been at the airport to pick them up.

This guy is just all kinds of jerk bag,
and the fact that he has 200000 FB fans, just goes to show how poorly critical thinking skills are these days.

I guess some people are saying he had bloodshot eyes and might have been drinking before he did what he did. He has said on his My Space, etc. that he had a drinking problem.

0813-steven-slater-tv-host-getty-istock-credit.jpg

TMZ has learned JetBlue's most famous beverage slinger Steven Slater has a reality show offer on the table ... and the hook -- helping people quit their jobs.

According to well-placed industry sources ... Stone Entertainment -- a powerhouse in the reality TV world -- is going after Slater to host a show in which various disgruntled workers quit their jobs in extravagant ways.

But reality TV is a fickle thing ... if Slater's story turns out to be a big hoax -- which we're thinkin' is the case -- the offer could disappear as fast as it came.

Still, we're told Slater's lawyer has received the offer.

Maybe. If there's little else going on in the world to eclipse it, maybe.

but I'm putting my money on forgotten by next week. I'll bump this thread back up a week from now (that is if I don't forget).

Okay, it took two days longer than I predicted, but I believe my point stands. :D

But reality TV is a fickle thing ... if Slater's story turns out to be a big hoax -- which we're thinkin' is the case -- the offer could disappear as fast as it came.

Yeah, that'll stop them, 'cause we all know reality TV prides itself on being truthful, right?

Please, TV programmers, I'm begging you, don't give this guy a reality show. Please. We don't need any more of those.

Oh, and "hero" this guy is not. So he (supposedly) quit his job in a spectacular way. Good for him. When he cures cancer or AIDS, then get back to me on the "hero" label.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom