Rockabilly Legends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rtaylor1956

Babyface

I was recently fortunate enough to be given a complete history in way of a book, DVD’s and CD’s, a cinematic feature documentary
covering the start of most exciting explosion in music history Rockabilly they later called Rock and Roll.

I know many of your readers will be drawn to this and would appreciate it if you could do a small article on this to help keep the Rockabilly Legend alive

So many people grew up and loved this music, many bands today still return to the roots for inspiration and formulate there own take on it, but the foundation is laid and now after an eight year challenge has been brought together by Jerry Naylor of the Crickets.

Jerry replaced Buddy Holly with the crickets after Buddy’s unfortunate death in 1959 and went on to become a house hold name hosting television shows, live concerts and performances and much more, and continues to this day filling venues across the world with his unique and professional approach to Rockabilly.

The Book: The Rockabilly Legends
With 1 hour DVD

288-Page Hard Covered Book, “The Rockabilly Legends; They called it Rockabilly long before they called it Rock and Roll”

The book is co- authored by Jerry Naylor and Steve Halliday and is published by Hal Leonard Publishing. The book features classic award winning graphic design by Jonah Nolde and Scott Petersen.

On these pages Jerry Naylor brings to life the Birth of Rock and Roll through candid interviews and his personal experiences with the music legends.

This unique volume part tribute, part first person recollection, part history, and all fascinating – provides a complete picture of the times.

The book features hundreds of original rare and captivating photos, many of which have never before been published, including Elvis Presley, Buddy Holly, Roy Orbison, Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins, and others.

Included with the book is the one hour PBS version of the documentary, The Rockabilly Legends. The DVD immerses the viewer into those heady days from 1954 through 1959 when a new, high energy sound and spirit instantly captivated the hearts and music fans around the world.

“They called it Rockabilly Long Before They Called It Rock and Roll”

Available at all good bookshops or Amazon.com

ISBN-13: 978-1-4234-2042-2
ISBN- 10: 1-4234-2042-X

www.buyrockabillylegends.com

rockabillylegends | Facebook

I'm sorry but we don't allow advertising of any kind here.

Please read our FAQs

Community Rules

What do I have to do wrong to get a warning or banned from the forum?

If you register on this forum solely to advertise your website or sell merchandise, you will be warned and may be ultimately banned. *Please note that advertising does NOT always mean that you are selling something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom