Republican Convention Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She lied about the bridge to nowhere (this is well documented).

She said nothing of interest on Georgia/Russia whatsoever except to bash Obama.

And her energy plan is to drill (hey we'll take it over here, she just gave TransCanada $500 million).

Phail.

and the whole thing about Obama "expanding the government" is hilarious after what the Bushies have done over the past 8 years.

i guess that's why Mr. 30% had to phone it in on Tuesday.

If our president is going to be the Maverick, then why isn't Goose his running mate? It's a wasted opportunity.

Obama wants to talk with foreign powers who have weapons?

Obama wants to read rights to captured terror suspects?

How dare he!

The "hockey mom" stuff is just too much.

The vice presidential nominee just described herself as a pitbull with lipstick on national TV.

The unintentional comedy of her speech is much higher than I expected.

Her husband is a world champion snow machine driver, guys.

The vice presidential nominee just described herself as a pitbull with lipstick on national TV.

The unintentional comedy of her speech is much higher than I expected.

Her husband is a world champion snow machine driver, guys.

And they ate it up.

My sister was on the verge of voting for her first Democrat. I'm pretty sure the children with special needs bit just won her vote (she has two).

McCain has led a life of sacrifice and service.
One may not have to like his politics.

But, to make light of it, is pathetic.

McCain has led a life of sacrifice and service.
One may not have to like his politics.

i think "drill, baby, drill" makes more of a mockery of McCain than anything written in here.

My sister was on the verge of voting for her first Democrat. I'm pretty sure the children with special needs bit just won her vote (she has two).

If that's what'll play to your sister, maybe you might want to direct her to descriptions of how Palin foolishly risked her child's life by not seeking immediate medical attention when her water broke, and instead travelled for the better part of a day, placing her unborn child at risk?

And it's perfectly fine to mock Obama's years of service? A man who gave up making millions on Wall Street and went to work in the trenches, helping Chicago's most disadvantaged communities?

That is fine to be made fun of all night tonight.

Incredible speech. I was jumping around my room cheering for most of it. :applaud:

I hate to be a downer and bring up Olbermann, but after Hillary and Michelle spoke, he said "That was perfect. That could not have gone any better." and couldn't contain his glee. In contrast, he just said "Those who like this sort of thing will like it." :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom