"Real Girls Eat Meat"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As long as the animals are treated with dignity and respect during their upbringing and slaughtered with as little pain as possible who cares.

As long as the animals are treated with dignity and respect during their upbringing and slaughtered with as little pain as possible who cares.

Yep. Animal suffering is one thing, but humane slaughter of animals for human consumption is another. We wouldn't be around if our ancestors hadn't eaten meat.

Peta :yuck:

PETA are a bunch of hypocrites anyway. They kill a lot of the animals they 'rescue', and often not in humane ways. They're about as bad as bible-thumping fundies when it comes to getting up in everybody's business with their agenda.

If they don't want to eat meat, fine. I just wish they'd be less obnoxious about it. But whatever, less people eating it is fine with me, it keeps the price of steak down for when I go shopping :shrug:

I'm embarrassed to admit I know this, but without even clicking the link, I'm guessing it's in reference to a tee shirt Jessica Simpson was photographed wearing, and PETA got all whiny about it.

Allegedly, her shirt was a public jab at her NFL ex (Tony Romo? I think?) who now dates Carrie Underwood, a vegetarian.

I'll show my gossip-loving self out. :wink:

jessica-simpson-real-girls-eat-meat.jpg

Just for funsies, here are the top five reasons that only stupid girls brag about eating meat:

1. Meat increases the risk of breast cancer. A 2007 study of 35,000 women published in the British Journal of Cancer found that women who ate meat were far more likely to develop breast cancer than women who consumed none. Will Jessica's next t-shirt will say, "Real Girls Smoke 3 Packs a Day"?

2. Real girls don't support animal abuse. Compassion is super sexy, if the huge number of hot celebs ditching meat is any indication. Young women turn vegetarian in droves when they learn that the meat industry cuts the sensitive beaks off newborn chicks and cuts off the tails of baby piglets.

3. The meat industry is destroying the Earth. The only thing that's hot about the meat industry is that it's toasting the planet. According to the United Nations, raising animals for food causes more greenhouse-gas emissions than all the cars, trucks, SUVs, planes, and ships in the world combined.

4. Meat will make you fat. All the saturated fat and cholesterol in chicken wings, pork chops, and steak eventually leads to flabby thighs and love handles. I hope the upcoming "Jessica Simpson's Intimates" line comes in plus sizes! Going vegetarian is the best way to get slim and stay that way.

5. Eating meat steals food from starving kids. Jessica's trip to help kids in Africa got a lot of media buzz, but by gnawing on meat, she's essentially stealing food from the mouths of starving children since it takes up to 16 pounds of grain to produce just 1 pound of meat. If more people went vegetarian, we'd free up enough grain to feed every person in the world.

I think quite possibly the worst thing about PETA is that they consider the caliber of social commentary embodied by Jessica Simpson's T-shirts to be worth more than two seconds' thought.

Oh, wait..

jessica-simpson-real-girls-eat-meat.jpg

Just for funsies, here are the top five reasons that only stupid girls brag about eating meat:

1. Meat increases the risk of breast cancer. A 2007 study of 35,000 women published in the British Journal of Cancer found that women who ate meat were far more likely to develop breast cancer than women who consumed none. Will Jessica's next t-shirt will say, "Real Girls Smoke 3 Packs a Day"?

2. Real girls don't support animal abuse. Compassion is super sexy, if the huge number of hot celebs ditching meat is any indication. Young women turn vegetarian in droves when they learn that the meat industry cuts the sensitive beaks off newborn chicks and cuts off the tails of baby piglets.

3. The meat industry is destroying the Earth. The only thing that's hot about the meat industry is that it's toasting the planet. According to the United Nations, raising animals for food causes more greenhouse-gas emissions than all the cars, trucks, SUVs, planes, and ships in the world combined.

4. Meat will make you fat. All the saturated fat and cholesterol in chicken wings, pork chops, and steak eventually leads to flabby thighs and love handles. I hope the upcoming "Jessica Simpson's Intimates" line comes in plus sizes! Going vegetarian is the best way to get slim and stay that way.

5. Eating meat steals food from starving kids. Jessica's trip to help kids in Africa got a lot of media buzz, but by gnawing on meat, she's essentially stealing food from the mouths of starving children since it takes up to 16 pounds of grain to produce just 1 pound of meat. If more people went vegetarian, we'd free up enough grain to feed every person in the world.

:up::up:

Sorry to butt in the forum, but I can't stand it when organizations like PETA post these kind of things when it's just not true...
Yea, ofcourse there's bat fats and cholesterol in meat, but that doesn't mean you get 'healthy' when you stop eating it! Eat it in decent dosages of around 100-200 g a day and you get all the healthy parts of it too! think of the proteins, iron and other mineralsm vitamins and provitamins! Then I assume PETA would argue that you can get those from a bottle these days, but that's actually worse for your body than eating meat. Your body will become dependant on the pills you take and will 'forget' to take the good stuff from food, and when you stop the pills your body doesn't know how to obtain the vitamins and you get sick easily!

part 5 is just too much nonsense to even bother, yet I will anyway. I won't even argue on how the hunger in africa is more a political issue rather than having enough food. But they also state how food procession is worse for the environment than cars and such.. then why are the locations where grains and corn and other stuff used to be farmed now suddenly used for growing plants for bio-ethanol and other fuels? THAT is what's cutting the food market, not the amount used for animal food!

When will PETA finally realise they're just continuing to make a joke of themselves? :rolleyes:

Meat is murder
but the cows are killing us, too.
How many die prematurely from Heart disease?
did a cow kill Tim Russert? certainly was an accomplice.

Honestly,
we all would be better off if we ate less meat, especially red meat

and if you want to do that

just watch the movie "Fastfood Nation"
or any documentaries that show how our meat is processed.

I agree to a point about the health aspect.
I haven't eaten pork in 17 years.
I just recently started eating red meat after 7 1/12 years.
I don't eat fast food, no burgers or taco's, but I have a steak at home once or twice a month.
If people were better informed about how to eat in a healthier way without meat, I think there would be more vegans.

But how many of us smoke, overdrink/ are alcoholics, over indulge in 'bad foods', don't see our Dr.,
drink soda, eat sugar, smoke dope, have uprotected sex, don't buckle up, :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

I say choose your death wisely....

I personally find both the vegetarian and meat zealots annoying. There seems to be a dearth of common sense when these issues come up.

I have to say that one can have a balanced diet (without relying on pills) and be vegetarian (especially if you're not vegan). I was raised that way and I'm not exactly malnourished. The people from my Christian denomination in North America are traditionally vegetarian and not long ago they--along with two other groups (Sardinians and Okinawans)--were featured in a National Geographic article about their remarkable longevity. A vegetarian diet was considered one of the reasons for their longevity.

That said, I do think it's possible to live a healthy life while eating meat in moderate amounts and aiming for the lean stuff etc. I currently eat vegetarian at home but will eat meat on occasion when I'm at a restuarant or something like that.

The ultimate sign of the apocalypse-Pam Anderson in a feud with Jessica Simpson. She's so very classy about her PETA- ism too.

AOL
Posted: 2008-06-30 12:36:06
Filed Under: Music News, TV News

(June 30) - Jessica Simpson's "Real Girls Eat Meat" shirt is coming back to haunt her.

Famous vegetarian Pamela Anderson is shooting back at the singer, whose shirt some speculated was aimed at another non-meat eater, her boyfriend's ex Carrie Underwood.

During an interview on the radio in Australia, Anderson slammed Simpson over her diet preference, UK's The Sun reports.

"I think she is a bitch and whore," the former 'Baywatch' actress said, commenting on the t-shirt.

"Actually, I don't know if she was talking about food or men," she added.

I prefer seafood, mainly fish. Since, it is low in fat, high in protein, it better fits my diabetic diet. Though, I will eat chicken and turkey. I limit red meats whenever possible.

If you do eat red meats, one serving per week, is all that you need.

How about some meat perfume? Real men smell like flame broiled meat?

NEW YORK — Looking to beef up your mojo this holiday season?

Burger King Corp. may have just the thing. The home of the Whopper has launched a new men's body spray called "Flame." The company describes the spray as "the scent of seduction with a hint of flame-broiled meat."

The fragrance is on sale at New York City retailer Ricky's NYC in stores and online for a limited time for $3.99.

Burger King is marketing the product through a Web site featuring a photo of its King character reclining fireside and naked but for an animal fur strategically placed to not offend.

bkx-topper-medium.jpg

The marketing ploy is the latest in a string of viral ad campaigns by the company. Burger King is also in the midst of its Whopper Virgins campaign that features an taste test with fast-food "virgins" pitting the Whopper against McDonald's Corp.'s Big Mac.

I think that might be diamond with the King's head superimposed...

How about some meat perfume? Real men smell like flame broiled meat?

NEW YORK — Looking to beef up your mojo this holiday season?

Burger King Corp. may have just the thing. The home of the Whopper has launched a new men's body spray called "Flame." The company describes the spray as "the scent of seduction with a hint of flame-broiled meat."

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

i hope vegetarians realise that i compensate for their abstinence by dramatically over-compensating my meat diet.

I personally find both the vegetarian and meat zealots annoying. There seems to be a dearth of common sense when these issues come up.

I have to say that one can have a balanced diet (without relying on pills) and be vegetarian (especially if you're not vegan). I was raised that way and I'm not exactly malnourished. The people from my Christian denomination in North America are traditionally vegetarian and not long ago they--along with two other groups (Sardinians and Okinawans)--were featured in a National Geographic article about their remarkable longevity. A vegetarian diet was considered one of the reasons for their longevity.

That said, I do think it's possible to live a healthy life while eating meat in moderate amounts and aiming for the lean stuff etc. I currently eat vegetarian at home but will eat meat on occasion when I'm at a restuarant or something like that.

:up:

I would always prefer a meal without meat, but I would never deny eating it, just because there's meat in it...:shrug:

Back
Top Bottom