Random FYM Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
7CIFkHr.png

So the question is are the Asian flags intentionally wrong to try and be humorous or did the Canadian who made this not know which flags were which?

That, too, is the joke.

Or I'm drunk. Pick your own shit Axver post adventure.

thanks for the heads up, i love this kind of stuff and will be watching :up:

1 pm eastern tomorrow (wednesday), in case anyone's wondering - the article doesn't mention the time for some weird reason. there is also an AMA on reddit at 3 pm with the scientists.

https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-to-host-news-conference-on-discovery-beyond-our-solar-system

Yep I saw this yesterday in another article that had the time but not the date lol. So for some reason I thought it was today so I eagerly went on my break at 10am my time (1 pm EST) and saw absolutely nothing only to figure out it was on Wednesday duh... But yes this always amazes me how far we've come in the search for exo-planets. I remember in the 90's subscribing to both astronomy and sky and telescope magazines and reading about the discovery of the first exoplanet and what a huge deal that was. Ofcourse no internet at my house back then so I got all my Astro news from these magazines. Now 20 years later and we have discovered over 2k planets and a few that may be earth like! So cool and crazy. Wonder what the next 20 years will bring in the world of space sciences. I'll sure be tuned in tomorrow too!

Judging the folks involved, it looks like it'll be an *even closer* earth-like exoplanet.

Yeah most likely this. I don't expect more than that or like I said that they found life since the distances involved would make it impossible unless we send a probe there (also impossible with today's technology). The only other very very remote possibility (although I think winning the lotto is more possible) is that they picked up a signal from a known exo planet through seti but 99.999% is that they discovered a very earth like planet that could very well have life but we will never know until we can find a way to get there. This is not to say that there will not be some very exciting news! I can't wait!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom