Rand Paul

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's a huge push for it to be taught in schools, and yes there are a few instances where it is(legally or not).

The new revisions to Texas curriculum are absolutely appalling and makes me embarassed to be from TX...:|

Do you ever just answer a question?

I think there should be some kind of checks and balances and regulations. Some sort of standard, otherwise you'll be able to teach YOUR version of history, YOUR version of political science, etc...

And I don't want you teaching my children YOUR version.

Don't worry.

Your children are not getting my version of history. I don't have a personal version of history.

I do think our children are getting a biased PC version of history.

I teach in a middle school and when I send a student to the library to find a book on a famous American from history 9 out of 10 will come back with a book on Harriet Tubman.

No problem with Harriet Tubman, but this is all they are getting drilled on in the elementary schools.

They are not being taught the whole story.

Don't worry.

Your children are not getting my version of history. I don't have a personal version of history.

I do think our children are getting a biased PC version of history.

I've seen your posts and I know you have a personal version of history.

The thing about history is that there will never be any truly accurate telling of history, this I understand. When the story of the year 2010 is told to my grandkids even it will not be completely accurate despite the vast amount of documentation. That's just human nature.

But you have to be careful about picking and choosing.

I have no idea what a PC version of history even means... I think it's just a catch phrase for those that don't like when history isn't told their way.

I teach in a middle school and when I send a student to the library to find a book on a famous American from history 9 out of 10 will come back with a book on Harriet Tubman.

No problem with Harriet Tubman, but this is all they are getting drilled on in the elementary schools.

They are not being taught the whole story.

So because they choose Tubman, they don't know the whole story? This makes absolutely no sense.

Long story short. Rand Paul is a moron for his stance on the DOE.

I've seen your posts and I know you have a personal version of history.

The thing about history is that there will never be any truly accurate telling of history, this I understand. When the story of the year 2010 is told to my grandkids even it will not be completely accurate despite the vast amount of documentation. That's just human nature.

But you have to be careful about picking and choosing.

I have no idea what a PC version of history even means... I think it's just a catch phrase for those that don't like when history isn't told their way.

So because they choose Tubman, they don't know the whole story? This makes absolutely no sense.

Long story short. Rand Paul is a moron for his stance on the DOE.

I guess we respectfully disagree.

Let's keep our library cards updated :)

one would be inclined to believe that Rand Paul would have never gotten this far if the Kentucky press were half as vigilant as the national press.

national standards indeed.

So should he just leave them alone to clean up their own mess and just stay out of it ? Because they're doing such a good job so far.

Fri., May 21, 2010

WASHINGTON - Taking another unconventional stand, Kentucky's Republican Senate nominee Rand Paul criticized President Barack Obama's handling of the Gulf oil spill Friday as anti-business and sounding "really un-American."

Paul's defense of oil company BP PLC came during an interview as he tried to explain his controversial take on civil rights law, an issue that seemed to suddenly swamp his campaign after his victory in Tuesday's GOP primary.

Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin accused MSNBC's Rachel Maddow on Sunday of conducting a "prejudiced" interview with Rand Paul, in which the Tea Party candidate infamously aired skepticism about the reach of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

Speaking to "Fox News Sunday," the 2008 Republican vice-presidential nominee said that Paul was being subjected to the same biased media coverage that marked her run for office, before offering her Tea Party-backed candidate a bit of advice.

"One thing we can learn in this lesson that I have learned and Rand Paul is learning now is don't assume that you can engage in a hypothetical discussion about constitutional impacts with a reporter or a media personality who has an agenda, who may be prejudiced before they even get into the interview in regards to what your answer may be," Palin said. "You know, they are looking for the gotcha moment. And that evidently appears to be what they did with Rand Paul, and I'm thankful he clarified his answer about his support for the Civil Rights Act."

"What I don't like from the president's administration is this sort of, 'I'll put my boot heel on the throat of BP,'" Paul said in an interview with ABC's "Good Morning America." "I think that sounds really un-American in his criticism of business. And I think it's part of this sort of blame game society in the sense that it's always got to be someone's fault instead of the fact that sometimes accidents happen."

Bunch of idiots. He's just trying to get some accountability out of BP cause we know it's human nature to try and deflect blame.

And your avatar/pic was the most moving scene from Lost. Still has me :sad:

Huffington Post

Soon-to-be-Kentucky Senator Rand Paul once appeared to express anxiety that the state of affairs in America was opening a path for President Obama to grow into a Hitler-like leader who would snatch up civil liberties in the name of security.

Speaking in 2009 in an interview that was released by conservative radio show host and 9/11 truther Alex Jones last week, Paul drew parallels between the rise of Obama and that of Adolf Hitler.

Here's the crux of Paul's argument, from ThinkProgress:

"I think times of crisis is when we have to worry the most about things. You know, Rahm Emanuel, who's chief adviser to President Obama, said 'let no good crisis go past without allowing government to grow, these are our chances for government to grow stronger and for more security at the expense of liberty.' And it's happened before. When you have severe crisis, that's when sometimes strong leaders arise. You had the money destroyed in Germany in 1923 and out of that chaos came Hitler who promised that these awful people were the ones doing this to you and we need to round them up and put them in camps. And the liberties just went out the window. But people actually democratically voted in a Hitler. And I worry about that again in our country. If the money is destroyed in our country, could we get a time where a strong leader comes forward and says 'we just need security, I'll make you safe but just give me your liberty.'"

Paul's fear didn't subside there, as his interviewer can be heard asking him about "tattle" crews who were supposedly dispatched to report instances of people badmouthing President Obama.

"Do they have brown shirts on? Is there a youth patrol talking about hate speech?" Paul asked. "Criticism of a political figure and they're gonna call it hate speech? That's a dangerous sign that freedom of speech may be under attack next if we have to be careful about what we say."

This is far from the first time that Rand Paul has perpetuated fears of a Nazi-like takeover of the United States.

Dating back to 2007, Talking Points Memo pulled a compilation of at least six instances in which the then-Senate candidate had invoked Hitler on the campaign trail and in other appearances, not including a speech in which Paul claimed that economic worries could catalyze some sort of Obama-to-Hitler transformation.

Here's the crux of Paul's argument, from ThinkProgress:

"I think times of crisis is when we have to worry the most about things. You know, Rahm Emanuel, who's chief adviser to President Obama, said 'let no good crisis go past without allowing government to grow, these are our chances for government to grow stronger and for more security at the expense of liberty.'

Actually Rand, no he did not say that. You're a liar and an asshole.

Back
Top Bottom