Racist Police Response to Ferguson Protests

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Way too large a radius. Beverly hills is less than 6 square miles. 15 miles away and you're opening up to most of LA.

I find zero justification for this person dying from being arrested by the police.
I do believe it happened when he was in the control of the police. They are responsible.

Some of you have posted that the majority of the protesters are not destroying property or looting, protesting is reasonable. Some of you seem to be justifying or giving a pass to the looters and arsonists. They are criminals, and should be persecuted.

I think many police live 30-40 and 60 miles away from the area they serve. Getting them within 10-15 miles would be an improvement. At least their kids might compete in sports with the people they serve. A young police officer that is married and has children would not want his wife and children living in a high crime district just because he worked there. Being a CA person my whole life I regularly travel 10-15 miles for shopping or entertainment. Living in Newport Beach I often go to the Mexican areas of Santa Ana for what is offered their.

Some of you seem to be justifying or giving a pass to the looters and arsonists. They are criminals, and should be persecuted.

of course they are responsible and criminals and should be prosecuted (i think you mean).

however, i also hold the Baltimore City government and police force responsible as well.

the worst thing we can say about this is that it's just a bunch of kids who need a wuppin' from their mommas.

Fuck you, Rand Paul.

In discussing the causes of the violence that occurred in the wake of the 25-year-old black man's death while in police custody, the 2016 GOP presidential hopeful tied the situation to moral issues and characterized the riots as "thuggery and thievery."

"There are so many things we can talk about: the breakdown of the family structure, the lack of fathers, the lack of a moral code in our society," he said. "This isn't just a racial thing."

Rand Paul Blames 'Lack Of Fathers' For Baltimore Protests

Somehow, I doubt he said the same thing when a bunch of Kentucky students rioted when their fucking basketball team lost.

Those who are more concerned about a few smashed windows than the ongoing injustice need to reconsider their position and take a long hard look at themselves.

Also, whilst I agree with those saying police brutality is a very vital issue to address, it's worth examining the role of the police in society in general.

Fuck you, Rand Paul.

Rand Paul Blames 'Lack Of Fathers' For Baltimore Protests

Somehow, I doubt he said the same thing when a bunch of Kentucky students rioted when their fucking basketball team lost.

Republicans keep on being trash, what else is new?

The Paul's have a long history of racism in their history. Not surprising at all...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Indeed, doesn't Ron Paul have (or did have) white supremacist links?

This man is a badass. And an American.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN1qSRgKoU0

Reading into the origin of the riots, the social media flyer...it just makes everything worse. I agree with my friend above: kids, go home and study. Your lives aren't over. Don't do anything that could put your future in jeopardy.

And yeah, yeah, I know, if you're black and consigned to the ass end of Baltimore, your prospects aren't great as it is, but it's just really saddening to see that these are the after-school activities of Baltimore youths right now.

Someone step the fuck in and mediate between the police and citizenry because if a protester or rioter gets killed by police enforcement in the coming weeks/months (really just a matter of time at this point), it's going to turn the heat up a step further. News spreads quickly.

Last edited:
CDwQjl1WoAIYIC2.jpg

I can't find where a CVS store was burned? Where did it say that?

Are you joking?

Do you work for CVS or something? Holy shit, you seem exceptionally concerned that this building was a CVS, you've gone out of your way to bring it up in every single post.

No, a CVS clearly was not burned down (nor any other buildings, but ya know architecture in downtown Vancouver is a touch different than it is on a block of rowhouses in a ghetto in Baltimore - it's hard to set glass office towers on fire), that was not the point in the slightest. You're being incredibly obtuse.

Are you joking?

Do you work for CVS or something? Holy shit, you seem exceptionally concerned that this building was a CVS, you've gone out of your way to bring it up in every single post.

No, a CVS clearly was not burned down (nor any other buildings, but ya know architecture in downtown Vancouver is a touch different than it is on a block of rowhouses in a ghetto in Baltimore - it's hard to set glass office towers on fire), that was not the point in the slightest. You're being incredibly obtuse.

I thought you were responding to my question of whether a CVS store had been burned down after a sporting event. Yes, I realize people throw rocks, start fires in the road and may damage a car or two, but was a CVS store ever burned down because someone's team either won or lost a sporting event? You responded with a link to my question so I was looking for a picture of a burning CVS store or a report of a CVS store being burned.

Holy shit, how can you even compare them?

In total, 17 cars were burned, including police cars. Windows were smashed in a bank and various businesses along the West Georgia corridor, some of which were also looted. Riot police eventually managed to push the rioters away from Georgia, onto Granville Street and Robson Street, where the rioters then caused further substantial damage, breaking the windows of several shops and looting. Some of the stores affected were Future Shop, Sears and Chapters bookstore.

OVER NOTHING. NOTHING!

What's the significance of this CVS store? Isn't any kind of burning cars/buildings and looting pretty damn comparably bad? :huh: Why is this worse because it's a CVS(whatever it is?)?

Saw the video of the mother dragging a looter out of the crowd by his ears. Some great parenting there!

CVS is a pharmaceutical chain. Lots of prescriptions would get delayed/destroyed if it were to be burned to the ground, plus there are more people inside a CVS than a car.

Yeah maybe I should've taken out the cars bit. I can see it becomes a bit complicated with pharmaceuticals, but surely another chain or CVS elsewhere could cover for the issues, so it's not really that much worse than say a supermarket or a similar store burning down. I jut don't get the over emphasisation on CVS. Or am I missing something here?

What's the significance of this CVS store? Isn't any kind of burning cars/buildings and looting pretty damn comparably bad? :huh: Why is this worse because it's a CVS(whatever it is?)?

Saw the video of the mother dragging a looter out of the crowd by his ears. Some great parenting there!

CVS is a drugstore chain. And yeah that mom was interviewed where she said that she didn't want her son to end up like Freddie Grey.

Back
Top Bottom