Racist Police Response to Ferguson Protests - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-17-2014, 09:31 PM   #81
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
AEON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,052
Local Time: 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
And that's the problem!

Police officers are sworn to protect and serve. They are supposed to be trained to act professionally in tough situations, and to not flip out and overreact and shoot an unarmed teen to death because of a(n alleged) punch.
I am fairly certain that police are trained to shoot individuals assaulting them.

I am also fairly certain they are trained to shoot a suspect (which he became at this point - if for anything else, assaulting an officer) charging toward him after being ordered to freeze.

Again - we will have to wait until the forensics are released.
__________________

AEON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:32 PM   #82
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
AEON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,052
Local Time: 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prbiker15 View Post
Not at all.
That is simply amazing...
__________________

AEON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:51 PM   #83
Blue Crack Addict
 
prbiker15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 15,611
Local Time: 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post
That is simply amazing...
I'm sure many police officers have faced individuals like Michael Brown before, and were able to arrest without shooting them. Regardless of how that situation escalated, shooting an individual who is unarmed (and with no criminal record, at the time being) is just wrong.
prbiker15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:58 PM   #84
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,899
Local Time: 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post
Curious - if the forensic evidence points out that Michael Brown DID punch Darren Wilson in the face and DID rush toward the officer after being ordered to freeze - would that change your mind about this incident?
Nope.
__________________

BoMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:02 PM   #85
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post
I am fairly certain that police are trained to shoot individuals assaulting them.



I am also fairly certain they are trained to shoot a suspect (which he became at this point - if for anything else, assaulting an officer) charging toward him after being ordered to freeze.



Again - we will have to wait until the forensics are released.

Please don't ever become a cop. No, this is false. Police are assaulted everyday. Police are trained to shoot only when their or another life is thought to be in danger. He is going to have to prove his life was in danger, hence why the autopsy and incident report are vital.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:05 PM   #86
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 26,416
Local Time: 12:11 PM
And if he really felt the need to shoot couldn't he have at least aimed for leg?


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:07 PM   #87
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,899
Local Time: 03:11 PM
Also, Brown was shot 9 times, right?

The vast majority of those shots, including the fatal ones, were when Brown was running away and had his hands up in surrender. I'd hardly think the officer feared for his life at that point.
__________________

BoMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:23 PM   #88
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,621
Local Time: 12:11 PM
Racist Police Response to Ferguson Protests

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post
I am fairly certain that police are trained to shoot individuals assaulting them.
I'm fairly certain you're wrong. I'm fairly certain that the brush you're painting with is far too wide, and that actual police rules of engagement limit use of deadly force to situations where the officer's life is in immediate danger or where allowing the suspect to escape would put others' lives in immediate danger. i don't think a shoplifting teen, even one who pushed a clerk out of the way, meets that criteria.

Quote:
I am also fairly certain they are trained to shoot a suspect (which he became at this point - if for anything else, assaulting an officer) charging toward him after being ordered to freeze.
There has been no evidence presented so far that indicates that Officer Wilson shot Michael Brown to death as Brown was charging him. All evidence so far points to Brown being shot while either running away or after having put his arms in the air in the universal sign of surrender.

I'm curious, Aeon - you have yet to reply to the eyewitness reports. There have been at least two independent sources - sources who don't know each other - who claim that Brown was shot while fleeing and then gunned down once he turned around with his hands up. What are your thoughts on that? If those witnesses' stories are accurate, do you STILL think Officer Wilson was justified in killing Brown?
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:29 PM   #89
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Philadelphia
Posts: 19,218
Local Time: 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post
You are incorrect on several points:

1) I do not believe Michael Brown deserves "whatever came his way" for stealing cigarellos - but when you assault an officer, you will probably get shot. And there seems to be some good evidence coming in the officer was assaulted before the shooting.

2) The surveillance videos also point out that Michael Brown was certainly NOT a gentle giant. He used his size to intimidate and manhandle two clerks in the span of two minutes simply to get what he wanted. The fact that they were only worth 5 dollars actually tells me more about him than if he ripped off a diamond bracelet.

3) The police chief said the "initial" stop between Michael Brown and the officer was unrelated, however - that changed when Wilson drove past Michael...

Chief: Officer noticed Brown carrying suspected stolen cigars

I agree with others that the police department has certainly mishandled the information about this incident. They are certainly at fault for that.
Most of this is police propaganda.
PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:10 PM   #90
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,357
Local Time: 04:41 AM
How lovely. Guess you can't really expect anything less.

Vlad n U 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:13 PM   #91
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,899
Local Time: 03:11 PM
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/08/18..._r=0&referrer=
__________________

BoMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:29 PM   #92
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Philadelphia
Posts: 19,218
Local Time: 02:11 PM
Racist Police Response to Ferguson Protests

Cop pointed a gun at a guy livestreaming the protests and said he would shoot him if he didn't turn his light off. SWAT vehicles are teargassing people who are fleeing protests.

Several media members were handcuffed for no particular reason by Ron Johnson himself.
PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:35 PM   #93
Blue Crack Addict
 
prbiker15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 15,611
Local Time: 02:11 PM
Racist Police Response to Ferguson Protests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
How lovely. Guess you can't really expect anything less.
Not surprising at all. Unfortunate, but I guess we'll have to let them be.
prbiker15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:38 PM   #94
Blue Crack Addict
 
prbiker15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 15,611
Local Time: 02:11 PM
Racist Police Response to Ferguson Protests

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
Cop pointed a gun at a guy livestreaming the protests and said he would shoot him if he didn't turn his light off. SWAT vehicles are teargassing people who are fleeing protests.

Several media members were handcuffed for no particular reason by Ron Johnson himself.
Reminds me of how the media was treated in Venezuela during the protests in that country. Sad.
prbiker15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:41 PM   #95
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
AEON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,052
Local Time: 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
How lovely. Guess you can't really expect anything less.

What is wrong with this?
AEON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:41 PM   #96
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,357
Local Time: 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prbiker15 View Post
Reminds me of how the media was treated in Venezuela during the protests in that country. Sad.
Huh? Are you referring to the anti-gov protestors threatening to harm journalists? Although it was amusing to see the US criticising everything that went on there where restrictions on media are happening in their own backyard.
Vlad n U 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:44 PM   #97
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Philadelphia
Posts: 19,218
Local Time: 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post
What is wrong with this?

Because Darren Wilson murdered a teenager and the police responded by violating first amendment rights ever since?
PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:44 PM   #98
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,899
Local Time: 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post
What is wrong with this?

They can't see through their white privilege.
__________________

BoMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:45 PM   #99
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
AEON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,052
Local Time: 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
Most of this is police propaganda.
Yeah - I guess they Photoshopped the surveillance video...

It seems you actually WANT to believe that this white man (with only a very positive record) shot an innocent black man just for kicks. Yet, you care nothing about the daily slaughter of truly innocent black people by other black people.
AEON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:46 PM   #100
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Philadelphia
Posts: 19,218
Local Time: 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEON View Post
Yeah - I guess they Photoshopped the surveillance video...



It seems you actually WANT to believe that this white man (with only a very positive record) shot an innocent black man just for kicks. Yet, you care nothing about the daily slaughter of truly innocent black people by other black people.
I didn't say anything about the video. What are you even talking about?
__________________

PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×