Racist Police Response to Ferguson Protests

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I, Racist | John Metta

"Here's the thing that all the 'angry Black people' know, and no 'calmly debating White people' want to admit: The entire discussion of race in America centers around the protection of White feelings."

A lot of hard truth in there.

I, Racist|John Metta

"Here's the thing that all the 'angry Black people' know, and no 'calmly debating White people' want to admit: The entire discussion of race in America centers around the protection of White feelings."

A lot of hard truth in there.

And a lot of complete horse shit. The next rant goes out specifically to John Metta.

But racism is even more subtle than that. It's more nuanced. Racism is the fact that "White" means "normal" and that anything else is different. Racism is our acceptance of an all white Lord of the Rings cast because of historical accuracy, ignoring the fact that this is a world with an entirely fictionalized history.

Even when we make shit up, we want it to be white.

And racism is the fact that we all accept that it is white. Benedict Cumberbatch playing Khan in Star Trek. Khan, who is from India. Is there anyone Whiter than Benedict fucking Cumberbatch? What? They needed a "less racial" cast because they already had the Black Uhura character?
That is racism. Once you let yourself see it, it's there all the time.

I was sort of rolling with this guy until this. Really? Fuck off.

LOTR is a fictional mythology developed specifically for England because Tolkien longed for an English mythology comparable to the epics of Roman Antiquity. Did black people originate in England? I didn't think so. Should black people portray ancient Europeans? Probably not. Who actually cares? Nobody except black people apparently.

And Khan? You seriously called out Hollywood for racism over Star Trek casting roles? Yeah, Hollywood casting must be as bad as 1955 :lol:

I'm gonna read that again: "Black and Muslim killers are 'terrorists' and 'thugs'. Why are white shooters called 'mentally ill'?"

Maybe because a certain Baltimore black mayor labeled them as thugs? And thugs isn't a racist word. For fuck's sake. Stop hijacking every word and labeling them as "racist". Fucking white criminals in Spiderman Comics are called "thugs". Pick up a comic for once. You'll learn a lot about white criminals.

Maybe because some white murderers were actually diagnosed with mental illness by a doctor, and didn't kill in name of religion, or kill to rob somebody. Maybe because they were fucking insane.

Or MAYBE the white ones who do kill are declared criminals and you just didn't care to pay attention because it didn't further your "racism" agenda. Like the white guy who shot and stabbed another white guy to death at my college last year. Guess what! That criminal died in police custody. Must have been the doing of racist cops, I guess.

The reality of America is that White people are fundamentally good, and so when a white person commits a crime, it is a sign that they, as an individual, are bad. Their actions as a person are not indicative of any broader social construct. Even the fact that America has a growing number of violent hate groups, populated mostly by white men, and that nearly *all* serial killers are white men can not shadow the fundamental truth of white male goodness. In fact, we like White serial killers so much, we make mini-series about them.

Don't play dumb. NOBODY is born fundamentally good or bad. People develop prejudices and stereotypes from real life experiences. That doesn't make her or him a racist. This article doesn't help your "Samaritan cause", but don't worry, I won't view all people as dumb as you.

This article is poignant, but not for the reasons you'd expect John Metta.

#HowDoesThisShitGetPublished
#HuffingtonPostThatsWhy
#ImARacistForCallingOutThisIdiot
#WhyAmIWastingMyTime
#HowCanPeopleAgreeWithThisDrivel
#StopBlamingYourProblemsOnOthers
#CleanUpYourNeighborhood
#StopTalkingLoudlyInTheGroceryStore
#OnceAgainThisMakesMeARacist
#MowYourLawn
#IDontCareWhetherYouAreABlackOrWhiteMoron
#YouAreStillAMoron
#AllLivesMatter
#StopSinglingARaceOut
#FreeYourMind
#TakePersonalResponsibility
#BeABetterNeighbor

Last edited:
Maybe because a certain Baltimore black mayor labeled them as thugs? And thugs isn't a racist word.

Then why don't you ever see white criminals labeled as thugs? And this thug problem has been around well before the mayor of Baltimore.

Fucking white criminals in Spiderman Comics are called "thugs". Pick up a comic for once. You'll learn a lot about white criminals.

Yes, because the world of comic books is completely the same as the real world? Again, you don't see ACTUAL white criminals labeled as thugs.

Maybe because some white murderers were actually diagnosed with mental illness by a doctor, and didn't kill in name of religion, or kill to rob somebody. Maybe because they were fucking insane.

And black criminals can't have those reasons?

Or MAYBE the white ones who do kill are declared criminals and you just didn't care to pay attention because it didn't further your "racism" agenda. Like the white guy who shot and stabbed another white guy to death at my college last year. Guess what! That criminal died in police custody. Must have been the doing of racist cops, I guess.

You seem to have a lot of anger built up in this issue.

#StopBlamingYourProblemsOnOthers
#CleanUpYourNeighborhood
#StopTalkingLoudlyInTheGroceryStore
#OnceAgainThisMakesMeARacist
#MowYourLawn

#TakePersonalResponsibility
#BeABetterNeighbor

I'm having a hard time not seeing racist undertones in the extremely negative generalizations you're throwing out here.

For the record, some of the stuff he says, I get, but it's all irrelevant because of time and place.

Yeah I've been following the Virgil Texas dude for a while, great stuff.

Also, a one-time mate of ours has been pulling some hilarious shit too...

[TWEET]621018191960014848[/TWEET]

Back
Top Bottom