Racism: glorified hyperbole in America - Page 17 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-07-2016, 05:34 PM   #321
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 08:30 PM


This was taken last year at a Confederate KKK rally.


If you're white and have your hand on gun, they try and talk you down. If you're black and reach for your wallet, you're dead.

Let's stop pretending this is just fucking hyperbole.
__________________

BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 06:09 AM   #322
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,266
Local Time: 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post


This was taken last year at a Confederate KKK rally.


If you're white and have your hand on gun, they try and talk you down. If you're black and reach for your wallet, you're dead.

Let's stop pretending this is just fucking hyperbole.

I'm not pretending its exaggeration, I can see it.

Just that like before, people are again rushing to judgment before the facts are known. People see a video clip and decide the officers are guilty because the officer is white and the victim black.

Obama not wasting a second to continue dividing and creating turmoil rushes to his mic to chime in.
__________________

the iron horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 06:50 AM   #323
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 66,266
Local Time: 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
I'm not pretending its exaggeration, I can see it.

Just that like before, people are again rushing to judgment before the facts are known. People see a video clip and decide the officers are guilty because the officer is white and the victim black.

Obama not wasting a second to continue dividing and creating turmoil rushes to his mic to chime in.
The officer in Minnesota is not Caucasian.
Headache in a Suitcase is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 06:51 AM   #324
you are what you is
 
Salome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 22,044
Local Time: 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
I'm not pretending its exaggeration, I can see it.

Just that like before, people are again rushing to judgment before the facts are known. People see a video clip and decide the officers are guilty because the officer is white and the victim black.
Surely you're joking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
Obama not wasting a second to continue dividing and creating turmoil rushes to his mic to chime in.
Ah yes, you are joking
__________________
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Salome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 07:07 AM   #325
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
I'm not pretending its exaggeration, I can see it.







Obama not wasting a second to continue dividing and creating turmoil rushes to his mic to chime in.

Are you sure? Because you said, "I just don't see it" and it's all "exaggeration" in your last post in here. But now you see it? Now it's not exaggeration? So your thread title is incorrect? I'm glad you've finally admitted this.

How did Obama divide?


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 07:20 AM   #326
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,058
Local Time: 09:30 PM
Yeah, Obama was calm and patient as always.

I just don't see it.
Irvine511 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 07:29 AM   #327
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,266
Local Time: 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Are you sure? Because you said, "I just don't see it" and it's all "exaggeration" in your last post in here. But now you see it? Now it's not exaggeration? So your thread title is incorrect? I'm glad you've finally admitted this.

How did Obama divide?


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

No, the thread title is correct: racism is exaggerated in the U.S.
In these recent officer shootings it is almost automatically assumed the victim was shot because of race.


If you can't see or understand how Obama has used the issue of race the past years, I don't know what to say.

Here is what he said yesterday:

TRANSCRIPT: Obama comments on police involved shootings | TheHill
the iron horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 07:46 AM   #328
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 08:30 PM
Racism: glorified hyperbole in America

Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
No, the thread title is correct: racism is exaggerated in the U.S.

In these recent officer shootings it is almost automatically assumed the victim was shot because of race.
No one is assuming the victim was shot because of race, you are not understanding the issue if you think that is what anyone is saying. The issue is that because of the color of your skin you will be treated differently, the assumptions will be different, the prism of threat is entirely different. If you can't see that then you are choosing to be blind. Not colorblind, but willfully blind.





Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
If you can't see or understand how Obama his used the issue of race the past years, I don't know what to say.



USED the issue of race? This alone shows you just don't understand. Tell me one thing that was incorrect or "dividing" about what he said.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 07:50 AM   #329
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,266
Local Time: 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
No one is assuming the victim was shot because of race, you are not understanding the issue if you think that is what anyone is saying. The issue is that because of the color of your skin you will be treated differently, the assumptions will be different, the prism of threat is entirely different. If you can't see that then you are choosing to be blind. Not colorblind, but willfully blind.








USED the issue of race? This alone shows you just don't understand. Tell me one thing that was incorrect or "dividing" about what he said.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Here's another one:

ST. PAUL, Minn. (Reuters) - Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton said that he did not believe the black man shot dead by police on Wednesday during a routine traffic stop would have been treated that way if he had been white.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/minnesota-...204011041.html


This continuing trend to rush to judgment is frightening enough coming from a mob but here is an elected official joining them.


Facebook comment by Allen West this morning:

"Once again, President Obama shifts the narrative to achieve his ideological agenda. When terrorists kill in San Bernardino, it's the gun. When terrorists kill in Orlando, it's the gun. When domestic terrorists kill cops in Dallas, it's the gun. But yesterday he had no trouble condemning the police in relation to incidents in Louisiana and Minnesota. The pattern began when he said the police acted "stupidly" back in Cambridge, Mass (regarding Henry Louis Gates) and he fanned those flames again in Ferguson. Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and the radical progressive left have created the atmosphere that blew up in Dallas last night."
the iron horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:07 AM   #330
Blue Crack Addict
 
liamcool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: deep in absolutely bullshit historical theory/trauma theory
Posts: 16,695
Local Time: 12:30 PM
Go away, bigot.
liamcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:09 AM   #331
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 66,266
Local Time: 09:30 PM
While I clearly have issues with Iron Horse's overall feelings on the issue of race, I don't disagree that government leaders should not make specific statements around the cause and effect of an open case before it's come to trial and before all of the facts have been brought to light.

Much like it's irresponsible for Trump to inflame his base by blaming everything on Islam before the facts come out, even in cases where it seems obvious like in the Egypt air situation, it's irresponsible for the governor of Minnesota to make the same sort of blanket, specific statements relating to this incident and race, even though it may seem obvious.

I get and feel his emotion, but his statemenrs should have ended at "we will pursue justice in this case, it will be fair and unbiased to all parties, and nobody will recieve special treatment due to their position nor recieve lesser treatment due to the color of their skin."

And then actually fight for what he believes in.


I have no issues with what Obama said whatsoever, and don't know how anyone could unless they are so biased against him that it's just second nature to dislike what he says. He was very measured and relayed what we were all thinking without being overly emotional.
Headache in a Suitcase is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:15 AM   #332
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
Here's another one:

ST. PAUL, Minn. (Reuters) - Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton said that he did not believe the black man shot dead by police on Wednesday during a routine traffic stop would have been treated that way if he had been white.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/minnesota-...204011041.html


This continuing trend to rush to judgment is frightening enough coming from a mob but here is an elected official joining them.


Facebook comment by Allen West this morning:

"Once again, President Obama shifts the narrative to achieve his ideological agenda. When terrorists kill in San Bernardino, it's the gun. When terrorists kill in Orlando, it's the gun. When domestic terrorists kill cops in Dallas, it's the gun. But yesterday he had no trouble condemning the police in relation to incidents in Louisiana and Minnesota. The pattern began when he said the police acted "stupidly" back in Cambridge, Mass (regarding Henry Louis Gates) and he fanned those flames again in Ferguson. Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and the radical progressive left have created the atmosphere that blew up in Dallas last night."

Rush to judgment, or comment on the frightening trend of statistics? Was he too soon? Possibly. Was he wrong? Reality tells us no.

Once again; white man hand on gun - hesitation and restraint, black man reaching - no hesitation no restraint. This pattern shows people that certain people are valued differently.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 08:17 AM   #333
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 09:30 PM
It's all Okie Doke


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Oregoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:25 AM   #334
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,620
Local Time: 08:30 PM
Allen West. Cause that guy's all about bringing people together. Not a divisive bone in his body, Allen West.
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:27 AM   #335
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Philadelphia
Posts: 19,218
Local Time: 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
While I clearly have issues with Iron Horse's overall feelings on the issue of race, I don't disagree that government leaders should not make specific statements around the cause and effect of an open case before it's come to trial and before all of the facts have been brought to light.
This won't work, they rarely ever go to trial.
PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:48 AM   #336
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 08:30 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/10/op...=tw-share&_r=0

Quote:
You say that black folks kill each other every day without a mumbling word while we thunderously protest a few cops, usually but not always white, who shoot to death black people who you deem to be mostly “thugs.”

That such an accusation is nonsense is nearly beside the point. Black people protest, to one another, to a world that largely refuses to listen, that what goes on in black communities across this nation is horrid, as it would be in any neighborhood depleted of dollars and hope — emptied of good schools, and deprived of social and economic buffers against brutality. People usually murder where they nest; they aim their rage at easy targets.

It is not best understood as black-on-black crime; rather, it is neighbor-to-neighbor carnage. If their neighbors were white, they’d get no exemption from the crime that plagues human beings who happen to be black. If you want interracial killing, you have to have interracial communities.

We all can see the same videos. But you insist that the camera doesn’t tell the whole story. Of course you’re right, but you don’t really want to see or hear that story.
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:43 AM   #337
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,058
Local Time: 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post

If you can't see or understand how Obama has used the issue of race the past years, I don't know what to say.


can you please, please explain this. i am perplexed. i don't understand where this is coming from. i've seen people post a link from Dick Morris where he accuses Obama of "dividing us" as a people and that these officer shootings are the "fruits of Obama's race-baiting politics."

i just don't see it. it seems like glorified hyperbole.

can you explain?
Irvine511 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:04 AM   #338
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
gump's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 9,344
Local Time: 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liamcool View Post
Go away, bigot.
Seriously, I'm all for confronting ideas, but bigotry should not be an accepted standard. It really makes you think why said user has not been banned yet.
gump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:09 AM   #339
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,683
Local Time: 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
This won't work, they rarely ever go to trial.
this is true. sworn to uphold the law but rarely ever held to the same standard. then they dare to wonder why minorities, women, and teens (basically anyone other than upper and middle class white men) maybe feel uneasy or distrustful of them when having to deal with them.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:41 AM   #340
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 08:30 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...rying-a-rifle/

Why would the Police tweet this photo with absolutely no intelligence linking him to the shooting? There's been no apology and as of this morning his picture is still there.

The white men that protested Obama in Austin with rifles strapped to their backs were considered "patriots".

The black man that protests with open carry is considered a suspect and has his face plastered across the internet without a shred of evidence. Where is the outrage of no due process and rush to judgement? This rush to judgement could have cost him his life. Where's the outrage?

I guess ALL lives don't matter.
__________________

BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×