Pro-tax Occupation Protests Held Across U.S. (O.W.S. Thread)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Signs needed

201110414322570734_8-600x400.jpg

a97878_protest-sign_2-angry.jpg

a97878_protest-sign_8-balls.jpg

img_3385.jpg

wall_st_1-600x787.jpg

enhanced-buzz-13850-1318017654-7.jpg

Using profanity and referencing your genitals really gives your argument merit! Who wouldn't fit in down there? :up:

so we can agree that there are idiots in every protest, whether right or left?

good.

Absolutely :up:

But here lies the difference in my opinion:

The Tea Party has become a moving sanction of the right, in fact some might say they've taken over the right. But everyone on the right(with the exception of a few) turn a blind eye to the idiots that are taking over their party.

I don't think the occupy movement will be taking over anything anytime soon. We can look at them and understand. But we can also look at them and call some of them crazy.

That's the difference how I see it.

I think the two groups actually have a lot more in common than most want to admit. One IS the right, but the other is not the left.

I really hope that these protesters don't lose their resolve and hang on. They could be on the cusp of something big. They have to remember that change will not come for the powers that be because they have to much vested interest in it.

Come' on protesters!

Here are some other interesting photos!

Occupy Wall Street

I think this whole thing is stupid, but hot damn I love seeing photos of the signs. :drool:
I follow the occupywallstreet Instagram feed solely for the signs.

I wandered through downtown Seattle last week and walked by the protesters there. The best sign I saw:

I'll Believe Corporations Are People When Texas Executes One

Ha.

Eh, I have a hard time taking the Occupy protests seriously to be honest.

I suppose I might be up for a protest. . .

. . .if I didn't have to work.

There are people down there trying to make a valid argument.

The majority is a freak show full of bored white college kids who are there cause it's a thing to do, who know a few buzz words but overall don't know why they're even there.

Don't believe me? By all means, go there yourself. Go during a weekday afternoon. This protest, at least in new york, is a giant waste of time and taxpayer money.

My biggest fear is that eventually these protest devolves into violence.

Eh, I have a hard time taking the Occupy protests seriously to be honest.

I suppose I might be up for a protest. . .

. . .if I didn't have to work.

The underlying issue is really valid. If you are a worker, and I assumme you are not making a gagillion dollars it is in your interest to be there. It might be in your long term benefit to be there.

I guess the only thing worse than referencing your genitals is plagiarizing same. If you're going to make a sign about your balls at least make it original.

Tea Party — South DaCola

Best Tea Party Sign Evahh!

April 16th, 2009 — Tea Party

ishavedmyballsforthis_71fe7.jpg

As for profanity, there are many kinds. Personally I prefer the f word and the word shit to something like this. And there are many other examples

s-TEA-PARTY-SIGNS-large.jpg

The tea party is a group of people who started with a logical, debatable argument who's entire group has been overrun by radicals, racists and morons who draw all the attention away from the original point.

Occupy wall street is a group of people who started with a logical, debatable argument who's entire group has been overrun by radicals, anarchists and morons who draw all the attention away from the original point.

The only difference in the groups is that at the end of the day the tea party go home.

at it's core, what i think this is about is the wildly concentration of wealth amongst the very, very top earners in the country.

it's nice to take the position that these people got rich through hard work, but that's not always the case. for every Bill Gates there's money that's inherited, and even more important, the last 30 years has seen the overtaking of the political system by these people via money to ensure that less money trickles down through government redistribution and more if it flows back to the very wealthy.

that's kind of inarguable. that's what's happened.

now, you could argue that if rich people have more money, if their capital gains are taxed at a lesser rate, then they will invest more money, more capital is freed up for ventures that will create jobs and the industries of the future, etc.

but that really hasn't been what's happened, has it?

meanwhile, real income is lower today than it was in 2000, and 50m people have gone without health care. i don't see how these are lesser priorities than lower taxes. it just boggles my mind.

The rich do not invest in this country. They've in fact gone the other way and basically refused. It's an investment strike. When labor unions strike, it's the crumbling of civilization, but when investors strike, "It's their money, they can do what they want with it!"

Back
Top Bottom