Presidential Debate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so...MSNBC has a poll: who won the debate? Kerry is ahead 70% to 30%. yeah, its an online poll but you can't have that kind of gap and write it off as simply something online. CNN is showing Kerry ahead 81% to 18%!!!! Can't wait for the Veeps -- Cheney is dead.

I'm agreeing with headache for once though -- if this doesn't help Kerry in the polls, there may be no hope for him. That being said, I think this is going to help Kerry alot.

Last edited:
Those polls are flawed, everyone knows the Republican supporters call CNN and MSNBC hotbeds of Liberal Media and will just watch FoxNews - mass media sucks.

Who won tonight's debate
53% Kerry Won
37% Bush Won

600 people who watched the debate
according to a CNN/USA Today gallup pole
(I dont' think I even know what gallup means)

Xavier

Hey if reuters say that the Palestinian Authority has alleged links to terrorism I think its only fair that I can do the same for polling organizations.

Kerry was concise and made more sense than I ever remember hearing from Clinton, Gore, or even Reagan. It was brilliance...LOL

I knew that Kerry had to make Bush his bitch in order to stay alive in this campaign and he did so.

How could anyone support a guy like Bush when he can't even make clear statements about his own beliefs, when he was given the questions ahead of time...agreed to the rules, and has Karl Rove working for him? That's proof positive that Bush is, as one Daily Show commentator suggested, "certifiably retarded according to some intellegence tests" (paraphrasing).

I'm actually happy for Kerry. I was proud of him and everything he said. Bush looked like that stupid kid from middle school who bullshited his way through an oral test with cliched phrases and rudimentary slogans, rather than supporting opinions with facts and concise answers.

America deserves better than Bush.

Are these 2 candidates really the best that the US has to offer??!!! And they wonder why voter turnout is so low?!! I'm not too sure about Kerry but I think only the "most presidential" presidents deserve 2 terms and, IMO, Bush doesn't come close to falling into that category. I don't recall hearing anything about the AIDS emergency or Third World initiatives during the debates...still 2 more debates to go though I guess :|

I wish Bono was able to run! :sad:

GO BRAND USA!!!

EdgeVox said:
Who won tonight's debate
53% Kerry Won
37% Bush Won

600 people who watched the debate
according to a CNN/USA Today gallup pole
(I dont' think I even know what gallup means)

Xavier

What about the missing 10 percent then?

Couldn´t they decide, or what?

BTW...polls should be banned!

If you vote from what you see in the polls then you shouldn't be voting at all!!

sorry, watching Larry King and overheard that blurb.....posted it immediately.....

"It was my understanding that there'd be no math"
-Chevy Chase

Xavier

Since no one has realized that before of me, that makes me the best President of all of you. Vote for me :)

Well, wait for what the computers gonna say about that. If Bush can fake it, I´ll make a try ;)

There's no way in hell a scientific poll could be compiled that fast. The debate hasn't even been done for 2 hours. I don't believe any one of those numbers.

"It is the best house because it has something far more important than numbers of people who serve, far more important than numbers of rooms or how big it is, far more important than numbers of magnificent pieces of art."

As Nixon has already explained in his Farewell speech to the White house staff, it is not about the numbers.

whitehead said:
Are these 2 candidates really the best that the US has to offer??!!! And they wonder why voter turnout is so low?!! I'm not too sure about Kerry but I think only the "most presidential" presidents deserve 2 terms and, IMO, Bush doesn't come close to falling into that category. I don't recall hearing anything about the AIDS emergency or Third World initiatives during the debates...still 2 more debates to go though I guess :|

I wish Bono was able to run! :sad:

GO BRAND USA!!!

Well, I think voter turnout is low because people simply don't care enough and there will always be people who whine and moan about the choices before them. :shrug: In addition, people are burned out and the burnout's been a long time coming. This has been long and ugly and we've still got over a month to go. But that's just my opinion, and that's for another thread I suppose.

You didn't hear any mentions of the AIDS crisis or Thirld World initiatives because they were not the platform issues of this evening's debates - the moderator made that quite clear.

I think Kerry did well (anyone else notice that he wasn't sweating? ;) ) He was collected and under control. I can see why people say he shines in debates. I don't think Bush did nearly as well. I think he tried, he came off as a man with passion and conviction a few times, but he appeared flustered at times and he stumbled across his words. This comes as no surprise, we already knew that public speaking isn't his forte.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
kerry is thought, right or wrong, to be a guy who wants it both ways. the fact that he stated that the war in iraq "was a colosal (*sp) mistake" and 2 minutes later said that the troops in iraq are not dying for a mistake ain't gonna help him.

If you paid attention, Kerry said voters must distinguish between the war and the warriors. The war was right, but it was wrongfully implemented. The warriors are valuable regardless of how the war has unfolded because of their willingness to risk death in order to promote democracy. As for not supplying troops with bullet proof vests, Kerry pointed out the Bush administration has already invested $200,000,000 of tax payer’s money into the Iraq war. My local police force has bullet proof vests. The American people are losing jobs and their level of healthcare is declining. In Iraq, American military positions surround the Oil Ministry and oil fields. American forces will not enter Najaf or Falluja on a permanent basis to counter ever-growing violence. Bullet proof vests or not, the occupation of a city would also involve armoured vehicles and considerable air support, and it can be done. Upon entering Najaf to subdue terrorists hiding in the Imam Ali Shrine, very few American military personal were killed. Hundreds of Iraqi rebels were killed. Kerry made a good point. What are the American priorities in Iraq?

DaveC said:
There's no way in hell a scientific poll could be compiled that fast. The debate hasn't even been done for 2 hours. I don't believe any one of those numbers.

CBS conducted a live poll during the debate. Kerry had an overwhelming lead in all categories, including, "Who has a better plan for Iraq?"

However, this debate did not include domestic issues. The town hall debate next Thursday should be much more lively!

nurse chrissi said:
this was a great debate -
I was a little upset that the smackdown didn't occur but then again the VP debate is next week and we have two more presidential debates so I haven't given up hope yet

I still am upset that no one got slapped :(

Now this is something I would watch! Put a little excitement into the game.

Does anyone else feel bad about questioning the Bush administration’s priorities? According to Bush, we’re pessimists, and em’ pessimists bad!:wink:

DaveC,

I think the above mentioned polls had chosen undecided voters beforehand to participate in the opinion polls right after the debate. That's how they were able to get poll results so fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom