Poll:One in Three Children Fear Earth Apocalypse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the iron horse

Rock n' Roll Doggie
The Tree Huggers should be proud about the continuing destruction of childhood.

I teach 7th grade language arts in a middle school. I have running joke I use if a student needs more paper. No worries I say, I can cut a tree down and make more paper. I'm always amazed at some student's reaction. It's like they think the world is will end.

Please tell me where we are right instilling fear in young children with this constant bombardment of enviromental propaganda?

No Kidding, One in Three Children Fear Earth Apocalypse : TreeHugger

Are they wrong?

Will the earth be the same for them as it is for us when they are in their 50's?

Do you believe if we just keep keeping on with the status quo that the planet will never be effected?

There are some churches that preach Armageddon. That's instilling fear into children.

Isn't that the same as preaching an environmental apocalypse?

Why does it have to be one or the other all the time? "Moderately concerned" is not an option?

Because claiming your opponents are all paranoid and hysterical is a time-honored way of discrediting them.

I had to watch someone give a presentation, ten minutes long, saying that global warming was a made up scam. The next day I got an opportunity, in front of the class, to ask him direct questions about his presentation. In five minutes I was able to get him to admit that he had no idea what he was talking about.

I have a feeling I'd be able to do the same in person for a lot of people on this board.

The reaction to global warming or climate change has to be the number one thing that irks me about Republicans.

If it were a Republican ideal, this would be the number one issue rammed down Democrats' throats.
Those dirty liberals don't care about cleaning the earth that God GAVE to us! All they care about is their smart phones and lattes made with ENDANGERED coffee beans. And to top it all off they are chopping down the forests that I hunt in! Where am I going to hunt now? The minimall??

The reaction to global warming or climate change has to be the number one thing that irks me about Republicans.

If it were a Republican ideal, this would be the number one issue rammed down Democrats' throats.
Those dirty liberals don't care about cleaning the earth that God GAVE to us! All they care about is their smart phones and lattes made with ENDANGERED coffee beans. And to top it all off they are chopping down the forests that I hunt in! Where am I going to hunt now? The minimall??

What's interesting is that the environmental movement can be traced back to the conservation movement which has always been tied in with responsible hunting. So it was the Ted Nugents of the world that were some of the most outspoken environmentalist of their time. Given those roots you would think many conservatives would be on board... unfortunately it became a political issue and now a lot of hunting has lost it's ties to conservationism.

That's why it suprises me when someone like Iron Horse is the most outspoken anti-environmentalist, he lives off the land as much as he can and it seems like he understands the principles of conservation but chooses to deny we need to practice it on a global level...:shrug:

On top of that is the willful ignorance of certain religious folks, I've actually had people tell me that they can't get behind "environmentalist movements" because they haven't found anything in the Bible that says anything about it... Do you honestly believe that God made the human body so that you had to take care of it otherwise it would fail, but for some reason he made the earth indestructable to human treatment? That just makes no sense to me...

Please tell me where we are right instilling fear in young children with this constant bombardment of enviromental propaganda?

11.jpg

08.jpg

3108821215_863c227295.jpg

14175_4.jpg

The Tree Huggers should be proud about the continuing destruction of childhood.

I teach 7th grade language arts in a middle school. I have running joke I use if a student needs more paper. No worries I say, I can cut a tree down and make more paper. I'm always amazed at some student's reaction. It's like they think the world is will end.

No Kidding, One in Three Children Fear Earth Apocalypse : TreeHugger

Shorter exams ---> less paper ---> less trees being killed! :hyper:

But for many Republicans, defending God is not the end, it's the means. The end is really stagnation: going against change at every step.

Back
Top Bottom