Political Correctness - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-04-2016, 05:34 PM   #81
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Mrs. Garrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: pig farming in Bolivia
Posts: 7,325
Local Time: 09:23 AM
Cruz is a homophobe
__________________

Mrs. Garrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 06:15 PM   #82
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Garrison View Post
Cruz is a homophobe
BVS requires a citation LOL
__________________

Oregoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:53 PM   #83
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 08:23 AM
Political Correctness

So I'm beginning to see the pattern; professors that made you cite your papers, websites that fact check, and posters that ask for sources = evil liberals trying to curb speech. Presidential candidates that don't fact check and use stats developed by organized hate groups and posters that constantly use numbers that have no backing = good decent conservative real Mericans.

Do I have that right?

Keep mocking those that function using facts. You don't really do the far right any favors by constantly attacking those in pursuit of facts, demonizing science and higher education.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 08:38 PM   #84
Refugee
 
Bluer White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,097
Local Time: 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
By your rules then everybody must provide citations.

When somebody says "Cruz is a homophobe" I'll expect you to ask them for some kind of link. Amirite?


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Discussion guidelines in the forum, Oregoropa,

depend entirely on your position.

Bluer White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 09:00 PM   #85
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
Discussion guidelines in the forum, Oregoropa,



depend entirely on your position.




Ah, the oppression card. How original. You've become quite the master of it.

Are you in the minority view? Yes
Is that the problem? No
The problem is engagement; most with the minority view in here don't, they just do drive bys. The one or two that try and engage they don't know how to do so. If you want a source for something I post, ask me and you'll receive, without any complaint.

The fact that this has even turn into an issue speaks volumes.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 09:52 PM   #86
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,357
Local Time: 12:53 AM
Get a load of this all encompassing stench of Big Liberalism here on FYM.
Vlad n U 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 11:23 PM   #87
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 09:23 AM
All hail the word of the Blue Face


Oregoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 05:37 AM   #88
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,778
Local Time: 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
By your rules then everybody must provide citations.

When somebody says "Cruz is a homophobe" I'll expect you to ask them for some kind of link. Amirite?


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
That's kinda how debates work in real life. Just as how the Scientific world works. If you're making a bold statement, you are going to need to provide the facts. This could be citations, examples, videos, anything factual and objective. Opinions and other subjective matter aren't quite useful in this case.

When calling someone a homophobe, yes, that would require backing up as well. So if there's a news article or video where this person is spouting shit against homosexuals, that would count as backing up and therefore make the statement legit. Of course it also depends on interpretation of facts, but that's a whole other discussion. On forums we usually take the general interpretation. So in this example, if someone posts on social media about hating them gayz, not wanting them to get married, then yes, people generally assume that this person is homophobic.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 08:02 AM   #89
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 67,888
Local Time: 06:23 AM
So we're really encouraging people to thoughtlessly throw shit at the wall to see what sticks, huh? No substance required?

Gotta say, I've never heard of the debate format that forces someone to substantiate their opposition's arguments for them. That's a new one.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 11:13 AM   #90
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Philadelphia
Posts: 19,218
Local Time: 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
The right isn't pushing hate speech legislation. College campuses are no longer a place where you can go to engage in dialogue and have your beliefs challenged, unless you are of conservative thought. Even liberal professors are scared of offending hyper-sensitive students. Colleges and academia are left wing enclaves. Their Frankenstein thought experiment students are now running the joint.

If it's a lie prove it from your point of view.

PS: Iron Horse, you started this so don't duck out of the argument because I'm giving you some back up.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
The left is pushing for it to be illegal for you to beat up gay people while screaming "Faggot!" The left wants that to be more than just simple assault. It's a hate crime. The left wants it to be illegal for you to deny gay people jobs for no other reason than they're gay. Same with firing them.

If you think that's propaganda, if you think that's a restriction on free speech, engage me on that. But your sweeping claims of "left wing enclaves that are squeezing out debate" is laughable and not something I'm going to bother arguing with because you're just making shit up.
PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 01:16 PM   #91
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 09:23 AM
Political Correctness

So the big stink is that I said "liberal professors are scared of their own students". Here's where I got that shit to throw at the wall.


http://www.vox.com/2015/6/3/8706323/...ofessor-afraid


It's fairly self-evident that most colleges are bastions of liberal thought. I suppose there is nothing wrong with that if you're a student you know what you're signing up for in academia.




Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Oregoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 01:42 PM   #92
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
So the big stink is that I said "liberal professors are scared of their own students". Here's where I got that shit to throw at the wall.


http://www.vox.com/2015/6/3/8706323/...ofessor-afraid


It's fairly self-evident that most colleges are bastions of liberal thought. I suppose there is nothing wrong with that if you're a student you know what you're signing up for in academia.




Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Do you honestly think that's the "big stink"?

And do you honestly think one story from one person who went under a pseudonym proves a nationwide problem? This is the equivalent of claiming fraud based on assumptions of your mom's church.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 01:53 PM   #93
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 08:23 AM
And yeah, college's are bastions of liberal thought. But that is more of an embarrassing stain on the current far right movement not on colleges.

When you all define science as socialism and get pissed that you're asked to source your arguments, and that you can't use personal religions to justify hateful legislation then of course higher education will be considered liberal.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 02:08 PM   #94
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,068
Local Time: 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
So the big stink is that I said "liberal professors are scared of their own students". Here's where I got that shit to throw at the wall.


I'm a liberal professor, and my liberal students terrify me - Vox


and did you read this?

I was a liberal adjunct professor. My liberal students didn’t scare me at all. - Vox
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 03:01 PM   #95
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Philadelphia
Posts: 19,218
Local Time: 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
So the big stink is that I said "liberal professors are scared of their own students". Here's where I got that shit to throw at the wall.


I'm a liberal professor, and my liberal students terrify me - Vox


It's fairly self-evident that most colleges are bastions of liberal thought. I suppose there is nothing wrong with that if you're a student you know what you're signing up for in academia.




Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
One op-ed on shitty ass Vox? Alright.

Bastions of thought, yes. Liberal thought? Well, only if you are of the belief that conservative viewpoints aren't really "thought," I suppose.
PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 07:55 PM   #96
Refugee
 
Bluer White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,097
Local Time: 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
The left is pushing for it to be illegal for you to beat up gay people while screaming "Faggot!" The left wants that to be more than just simple assault. It's a hate crime. The left wants it to be illegal for you to deny gay people jobs for no other reason than they're gay. Same with firing them.

If you think that's propaganda, if you think that's a restriction on free speech, engage me on that. But your sweeping claims of "left wing enclaves that are squeezing out debate" is laughable and not something I'm going to bother arguing with because you're just making shit up.
Who is your beef with, anyway?
Bluer White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 08:02 PM   #97
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Polish-American Stronghold PA
Posts: 4,144
Local Time: 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
Who is your beef with, anyway?
Probably me and Fe Horse
Oregoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 08:15 PM   #98
Refugee
 
Bluer White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,097
Local Time: 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
Probably me and Fe Horse
Straw man, maybe.

Phils?
Bluer White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:06 AM   #99
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Philadelphia
Posts: 19,218
Local Time: 10:23 AM
I don't have any idea what the last three posts are supposed to mean.
PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 07:57 AM   #100
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 08:23 AM
Yeah, all I can gather is that they still think it's personal, Bluer doesn't know the definition of 'straw man', and Oregoropa came up with a clever way to write IronHorse's name.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×