Plane crash in the French alps kills 150; suspected to be deliberate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I mean, what else can you even say about this than something along the lines of "Jesus Fucking Christ"?

So it's pretty much confirmed now it was some insane suicide mission. What on earth can drive someone to both kill himself and 149 other innocents?

It's a little scary that security features put into place after 9/11 to keep passengers safe enabled 150 people to die in this case.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

So it's pretty much confirmed now it was some insane suicide mission.

No way. This was straight up mass murder. We shouldn't let the guy off the hook by calling it a suicide.

If someone shoots a bunch of people in a public place and then kills themselves, we don't call that act a suicide, we call it a mass murder. I fail to see how this is different in any sense.

No way. This was straight up mass murder. We shouldn't let the guy off the hook by calling it a suicide.

If someone shoots a bunch of people in a public place and then kills themselves, we don't call that act a suicide, we call it a mass murder. I fail to see how this is different in any sense.
Very understandable instinctive reaction. But I see a huge difference between someone who purposefully decides to murder others, and someone driven to insanity by some sort of mental issue that leads to them seeing no way out. Especially those who take down others have intrigued me a lot. Why? Suicide is one thing, but what makes people take down others with them?

Usuall we call it a murder-suicide. Like when someone shoots their whole family them themselves. Same thing here.

Also, all the details about cockpit / door procedure's are getting out now. Complete with plane layouts, and escape hatches etc.

Isn't it a very stupid idea to share that kind of information in the media in case for any other nutcase picks it up? :reject:

Very understandable instinctive reaction. But I see a huge difference between someone who purposefully decides to murder others, and someone driven to insanity by some sort of mental issue that leads to them seeing no way out. Especially those who take down others have intrigued me a lot. Why? Suicide is one thing, but what makes people take down others with them?

Depression.

Don’t blame depression for the Germanwings tragedy | Masuma Rahim | Comment is free | The Guardian

Depression can be comorbid with any number of mental illnesses, including personality disorders that are more often correlated with homicidal behaviour (and notoriously difficult to diagnose). Just because he suffered from depression doesn't mean depression caused him to bring a plane down.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom