'Paedophilia is Hollywood's biggest problem' - fmr childstar Corey Feldman

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As for what could possibly make a homosexual (or rather, a gay man - since I've rarely heard of a lesbian being accused of being a pedophile), some believe gays are so deviant in their sexual behavior (ie: anal sex, open relationships) why wouldn't they abuse children?

Seriously, there are plenty of straight people who have open relationships and have kinky sex yet no one accuses them of being pedophiles.

Is anal sex really considered deviant/kinky now?

Is anal sex really considered deviant/kinky now?

No, not really. I just said kinky because for some people, anything considered to be that automatically means gay sex.

It all makes so much sense now.

I wonder if my next date will accept "God's Will" when my aim is a little off???? :)

It's not surprising that someone born in 1971 (let alone earlier) might've had difficulty as an adolescent recognizing that s/he was being sexually exploited by an adult acquaintance. Nor is it surprising that other adult acquaintances of the time, who might've had some idea what was going on, would look the other way. Look how many peers defended Roman Polanski even decades later by blaming his victim. But as Sean said, until you've got people willing to go to the authorities with what they've personally witnessed or experienced, it's still all just rumor.

Last edited:
Isn't pedophilia kind of its own sexual orientation? I mean people who truly believe they are in love with kids and kids are in love with them and want to have a sexual relationship.

^ There are some psychiatrists who've argued that, on the grounds that the intense sexual attraction to (prepubescent) children which characterizes pedophilia does seem to be involuntary and irreversible. I don't gather that's a very common view, though--it's certainly not part of the clinical definition--nor is it clear to me whether these people are therefore also arguing that sexual orientation as conventionally understood has zero applicability to pedophilic individuals.

Isn't pedophilia kind of its own sexual orientation? I mean people who truly believe they are in love with kids and kids are in love with them and want to have a sexual relationship.

Didn't Sandusky tell his victims that he loved them? Even after the abuse ended and before the shit hit the fan?

From what I heard, some pedophiles have low IQs which could possibly explain why they exploit children, since they don't have the intelligence to know kids aren't on the emotional level of an adult, and have no grasping about sex. But in the case of Sandusky, I would guess he was so mentally ill, he couldn't empathize with children. I would also think pedophiles are so seriously immature that they are unable to have relationships with adults, though that doesn't explain why they would think its OK to hurt a child.

Either way, these people are messed up beyond belief.

There's too much anger of pedophilia for people to be rational about the possible causes and perhaps even possible treatments

I don't think it could be "treated" or "cured" any more than homo/heterosexuality is a "choice"....

I'd like to think there's a possibility of curing pedophilia, for the sake preventing any more victims. I think the psychiatrists and other members of the mental health field should really look into why some people become attracted to children, because there is an epidemic of it. But like JiveTurkey said, the anger pedophilila causes prevents any serious study. I wouldn't blame them; who wants to hear a child molester explain why he did what he did?

I'd like to think there's a possibility of curing pedophilia, for the sake preventing any more victims. I think the psychiatrists and other members of the mental health field should really look into why some people become attracted to children, because there is an epidemic of it. But like JiveTurkey said, the anger pedophilila causes prevents any serious study. I wouldn't blame them; who wants to hear a child molester explain why he did what he did?

There is a huge study conducted here in Berlin at Charité Hospital, the largest university hospital in Europe. They asked for men who felt like the liked children "too much" to come and take part in the study which had the aim of learning more about the causes etc.
Naturally, there was a controversial discussion around it with some people simply saying, "They are sick perverts and belong in jail", while others acknowledged and accepted that the condition is there and better try to learn ways to prevent them from ever becoming dangerous to children than to lean back and wait for it to happen.
I think the study is still going on.

Erm, there's lots of research on pedophilia. Wouldn't be in the DSM-IV and ICD-10 if there weren't!

Back
Top Bottom