Osama Bin Laden is dead.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And what do you need?

DNA, Pictures and footage of the raid. They have this data after all. I'd also like eye witness accounts from people who took part in the raid.

The seals shot someone they believed was OBL. Was it him ? Who are they to question.

Lets be honest, sources came out a few years ago that claimed he had already died.

This isn't unreasonable.

You wouldn't even know what to do with DNA evidence if it was given to you. And footage of the raid? You mean like footage of the moonlanding that wackjobs claim is a hoax? Eyewitness accounts? Well, you have that in the Woman who was shot in the leg.
It's funny that you're demanding all this evidence that could easily be falsified as if you'd be in any position to claim otherwise. You're no further ahead with the 'evidence' than you are without. You just like the idea of thinking you're more clever than everyone else and not so easily duped. Have you called us sheep yet? If not, I'm sure it's on the way

DNA, Pictures and footage of the raid. They have this data after all. I'd also like eye witness accounts from people who took part in the raid.

The seals shot someone they believed was OBL. Was it him ? Who are they to question.

Lets be honest, sources came out a few years ago that claimed he had already died.

This isn't unreasonable.

And you're a photo and dna expert, right? So you'd be able to identify him? Oh, and you'd be able to tell if it was faked or not, right.

We've already had some vague eyewitness accounts, but I'm pretty sure most are saving it for the book deals. Remember the Chilean mine victims? They all made a deal.

In the day in age of wiki leaks you really think someone would fake this, and then on top of that make a big production out of it if they hadn't confirmed everything?

Are they faking the family's accounts too?

Supposedly his skull was at least partially destroyed, and they said early on that he was "unrecognizable" in the photos. So what good would the photos do other than inflame people who are already so angry about his death?

SEALS do not ever speak about what they do, even their families do not know or even know that they're SEALS. So that's not a reasonable request. It would destroy their ability to do what they do. I think it's a pretty safe bet that they knew it was him.

I had heard shortly after that his face was "not unrecognizable". And assuming he was shot from the front, the entry hole wouldn't be all that large compared with the exit. Probably a lot of discolouration from pooling of blood, but I imagine it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume he'd be recognizable

ya, I'm not sure what official the quote is from, but he or she said the photo is of "an individual who is not unrecognizable as bin Laden"

If people want to see nasty photos of dead people, there are several "true crime" channels available. As for Osama's dead face, yeah I want to see that about as much as I wanted to see his living one...which is no thanks, don't care.
exactly. at least for those shows you have the choice to watch or not watch, though. if a photo is released we will all see it whether we want to or not - it'll be on the 6:00 news, front page of the newspaper, etc.

i've seen some graphic videos and photos before (out of stupid curiosity) and i always regret it. i really don't want to see one again because i have no choice.

let's see...dna tests confirmed it was him, pictures and footage of the raid have been made public (which include photos of several of his close allies dead, covered in their blood), and the aforementioned eyewitness.

Strangely, I do not even mind if this was the case. Fact is, he is dead, the damage he wanted to inflict on America was done, we should just move on and stop worry about the fucking photos of a dead brown guy with his brains leaky leakin.

Osama’s Daughter Says He Was Arrested Then Executed in Front of Her

Cord Jefferson
Senior Editor for GOOD

The White House said Wednesday that it will go into no further detail about the covert operation that killed Osama bin Laden, an operation whose narrative has been changed several times in various important ways (all of which you can read about here). But that doesn’t mean other people are going to stop talking about it, and Bin Laden’s 12-year-old daughter, Safia, reportedly has a lot to say.

Citing Pakistani security officials in custody of Safia, Arabic news network Al-Arabiya reported yesterday that the girl says her father was taken into Navy SEAL custody alive before being shot execution style in front of her and her family. She says his corpse was then dragged into a helicopter and taken away, never to be seen again.

Safia’s accusations differ substantially from the Obama administration’s accounting of what happened that night in Abbottabad, though, as we said before, in the past few days the administration’s story has changed almost literally from hour to hour as the “fog of war” clears. At first they said Bin Laden may have been armed and used his wife as a human shield, but both of those things were later said to be false. What the White House will admit is that Bin Laden was unarmed when he was killed.

Because the Osama mission has twice been called a “kill mission” by anonymous U.S. officials, and because it was led by the CIA, which isn’t beholden to the same rules of engagement as the military, it’s very possible it was legal for SEALs to shoot Bin Laden in custody. From what White House spokesperson Jay Carney has said, “unless [Bin Laden] offered to surrender,” the commandos were allowed to kill him, and even then they only had to accept his surrender “if the team could do so safely.” In other words, even if Bin Laden was willingly waving the white flag, if the SEALs for some reason considered it unsafe to take him alive, they could kill him.

In essence, regardless of what happened to Osama that night, it wouldn’t have been murder by the government’s lights. End of story.

Osama's Daughter Says He Was Arrested Then Executed in Front of Her - Culture - GOOD

I heard on the news when the SEALs entered the room he was in, he looked fucking scared out of his mind. :D However being the coward that he is, he immediatly threw his wife at them... :| I actually wouldn't be suprised if he was trying to surrender. But reportedly there was an AK47 an arms-length away from him, and he appeared to have been going for it. Either way, I don't care. It ended just the way it should have. :up:

And all those elsewhere in the world who are saying that the raid was a gross violation of international laws can go fuck themselves honestly. I just find it absolutely appaling.

Something I thought was pretty cool, and that picture is fucking adorable.

Intense interest surrounds dog who may have participated in bin Laden raid

Americans are fascinated by the anonymous U.S. Navy SEALs who daringly raided Osama bin Laden's Abbottabad, Pakistan compound this week, but one canine commando is attracting especially fervent interest.

According to the New York Times and the British tabloid The Sun, a military dog (not pictured) was strapped onto one of the assault team members as he was lowered out of a Black Hawk helicopter and began the operation that killed the notorious terrorist on Monday. But who is this canine hero?

Sadly, we know very little, and the Pentagon hasn't confirmed that a dog was even on the mission, much less release information about the canine's name or breed.

"Little is known about what may be the nation's most courageous dog," the Times' Gardner Harris writes. He speculates that the dog was most likely a German shepherd or a Belgian Malinois, since those are the breeds most often found in the military's 2,700-strong military dog program. (A new breed, however, is becoming popular with the troops. Labrador retrievers have begun to "wander off-leash 100 yards or more in front of patrols to ensure the safety of the route.")

The Pentagon and White House are keeping tight-lipped about the details of the operation, but that, of course, hasn't prevented commentators from speculating on the dog's role based on the functions of other war dogs in combat. "It's possible that the commandos brought a specialized search dog, which would have been sent in ahead of the humans to find explosives or people hidden inside the building," Slate's Brian Palmer writes. Or the dog could have been a "combat tracker"--canines who are specially trained to sniff out individuals and then follow their trail. Saddam Hussein was found in a hole under a hut--the assault team could have decided that they needed a good tracking dog in case bin Laden had a similar idea.

Dogs are increasingly important in America's combat operations abroad, and some have been outfitted with special (and adorable) "doggles" to protect their eyes, oxygen masks to protect their lungs as they parachute out with soldiers at high altitudes, and even waterproof vests that contain infrared cameras that transmit video back to servicemen watching a monitor yards behind them. Check out Foreign Policy's beautiful photo essay on military dogs here.

doggle.jpeg

Luckily for this courageous and anonymous furry creature, there is some precedent for war dogs receiving military honors. The Navy awarded a Silver Star in 2009 to a dog named Remco who gave his life charging "an insurgent's hide-out in Afghanistan," Harris writes. According to Foreign Policy, another dog named Eli fiercely guarded his Marine, Private First Class Carlton Rusk, after he was shot by Taliban sniper fire in Afghanistan. Rusk's bomb-sniffing dog would not even let fellow Marines approach the wounded Rusk, who did not survive the attack. Eli now lives with Rusk's family.

The dog's role was not mentioned in any of the public White House press briefings on bin Laden's death. Pentagon spokeswoman Elizabeth Robbins wrote in an e-mail to The Lookout in response to our question about the dog that the Pentagon has "no additional operational details, or comments on operational details, to make at this time."

(Doggles: image from the U.S. Army's Flickr photostream)

Intense interest surrounds dog who may have participated in bin Laden raid - Yahoo! News

However being the coward that he is, he immediatly threw his wife at them...
Well, that much was debunked by the Administration more than a day ago; she charged the SEALs of her own volition, and wasn't thrown by or held in front of anyone. Not hard to believe, especially if as *may* be the case her child was present in the room and her husband in poor health. Anyway that's why they shot her in the leg, to immobilize her.

Like much of what had to be walked back, that was the result of Brennan shooting his mouth off before all the SEALs had been debriefed, which inevitably led to conflations and distortions.

Last edited:
The_Pac_Mule said:
I heard on the news when the SEALs entered the room he was in, he looked fucking scared out of his mind. :D However being the coward that he is, he immediatly threw his wife at them... :| I actually wouldn't be suprised if he was trying to surrender. But reportedly there was an AK47 an arms-length away from him, and he appeared to have been going for it. Either way, I don't care. It ended just the way it should have. :up:

And all those elsewhere in the world who are saying that the raid was a gross violation of international laws can go fuck themselves honestly. I just find it absolutely appaling.

You know, I just have to comment on the above quote.......well said! I really couldn't have said it better.

This isn't unreasonable.
It's extremely unreasonable. You and others would just say it's all fake anyway.

The fact that no one is disputing he's dead on his end speaks volumes.

It's this that makes me pissed that Obama caved on the birth certificate. Now everyone wants more proof of everything. And the people you're trying to silence are the ones who will still doubt, ironically.

You're a fool. Sorry but you are.

I did three hoops on Mars. What do you want me to show you as proof ? An offical announcement and a picture of me with a basketball ?

MADNESS !!!!!

:doh:

Really ? that's all the proof you need ?

i'll only believe you if the American government says you did.

Me too....

I know that people jumped from the WTC on 9/11 - I don't need to see their crushed mutiliated bodies to prove it.

I couldn't agree more.

Pure awesome. lol

It is also possible for a celebrity to fake a death and have the whole world believe it.

Really? In this day and age, with internet and TMZ and all the rest?
Perhaps I'm being naive. Please provide a recent example or two. I need proof.

.... But when BO released the birth cert everyone shut up. Why can't he do the same with the pics?

Did they shut up...did they really?
Last I heard, there are still plenty of doubters. And they will always be doubters. Trumpy only shut his pie hole to save face.
Heck, people in fact demanded to see a birth certificate that is no longer recognized by the state of Hawaii. So it was essentially meaningless. One news station took some average Joe to go get a copy of his birth certificate, and they gave the printed copy. Just like Obama presented however long ago. Yet, no one doubts that average Joe is a citizen.

I'm curious, would you be satisfied if they released an image of his burial then?

but even skeptics have their limits. there is a difference between infinate questioning and hard evidence.

That Obama is a Robot remark is just silly. I don't think it is unreasonable for the American public to ask for a picture. Especially since it is a dubious war and many military lives are at stake. Was the mandate of the Iraq and Afghastan wars not to 'get OBL'.

Further, what kinda of ideological war is won by Wild West tactics and covert assinations? In fact it is just the opposite. That does not prove ideologically that one side is correct.

Man, I sure wish the public had been this demanding of evidence of the last administration...you say there are WMD? Gimme pictures. Video feeds. Maybe some nifty night goggle stuff.
I mean hell, we watched them wage war...couldn't we at least have had pics of what we were in there fighting for, first?

For those scoring at home: Obama is a robot, Osama is alive, Al-Qaeda runs the US, George Bush is the greatest president in US History, and we could have found Osama ten years earlier had we just considered the ramifications of U2's Passengers album.

:lol:
Best thing I've read today.

Have you called us sheep yet? If not, I'm sure it's on the way

Bah. :angry:

You wouldn't even know what to do with DNA evidence if it was given to you. And footage of the raid? You mean like footage of the moonlanding that wackjobs claim is a hoax? Eyewitness accounts? Well, you have that in the Woman who was shot in the leg.
It's funny that you're demanding all this evidence that could easily be falsified as if you'd be in any position to claim otherwise. You're no further ahead with the 'evidence' than you are without. You just like the idea of thinking you're more clever than everyone else and not so easily duped. Have you called us sheep yet? If not, I'm sure it's on the way

not yet, but he did just call someone a "fool" :rolleyes:

aren't you even a teeny tiny bit concerned though that this breach of sovereignty/possibly UN conventions, for instance, will cause all kinds of nations to disregard international law, and thereby completely change the game plan of international relations? oh hell, who am i trying to kid, who abides by international law these days anyway eh? lol

Man, I sure wish the public had been this demanding of evidence of the last administration...you say there are WMD? Gimme pictures. Video feeds. Maybe some nifty night goggle stuff.
I mean hell, we watched them wage war...couldn't we at least have had pics of what we were in there fighting for, first?
i know, right? double standards everywhere. at least people aren't calling those who criticise or doubt unamerican, though.

but the president wasn't a commie ****** then.

They have clearly made a lot of mistakes in communication/information release. Which seems, somewhat surprisingly, to be a fairly common problem with Team Obama.

They should have said nothing initially. Just been honest. We need to debrief. Review this and that. Look at this and that. We'll give you a full, single, detailed briefing in 24/48 hrs.

As for 'evidence' - I think you can bet more will be forthcoming, in some fashion, 'released' to some degree. I do think that should include allowing some to view photos. I don't think those photos should be released as the internets new plaything.

This isn't unreasonable.

perhaps they can sell tickets to a submarine ride to the bottom of the arabian sea so that everyone can see his rotting corpse.

his own family says he's dead. are they part of the vast conspiracy, too? is jesse ventura involved? was the helicopter that crashed coated in the same thermite paint that brought down the world trade center? i want answers, damn it.

no,
not until I see a picture on my FaceBook wall from one of my trusted friends.

Well, Bin Laden stopped updating his FB page.

That's the only modern way I know for certain someone is dead or missing.

:wink:

And, for the Facebook event listing on 9/11/11 Bin Laden is "Not Attending."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom