Osama Bin Laden is dead.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
save-these-1.jpg

kanye.jpg

I want to see the photos but Obama has been classy by not realeasing it. Every photoshop junkie is going to have a field day like the ones above. (kanye one is the best)

Let alone these doctored photos could skew the meaning of primary evidence of a major historical event.

One messgae to the 'surists'. Yeah we know some conspiracy theorits are nuts, but just entertain opposite theories for the sake of. When I look at open and shut cases like this one

Father in disgraced pathologist case acquitted - Health - CBC News

it scares me what can happen in the name of expediency and swift justice.

I wonder if the people wanting photographic proof of bin Laden's death knew him well enough to actually know whether that body in the photo is him or not. People look different when they are dead -- even ones who die peacefully. So, really, how does seeing a photo of a badly damaged body of someone you've never met convince you it's really him?

The quasi-known whereabouts about him over the last 10 years, the amount of information that was known by officials of the secret intelligence, the compound's closeness to Pakistani military and the like are the glitches that do not follow logic into what actually happened. These claims could be answered by the government, why don't they do it to clear it up? Why are they apprehensive in releasing factual proof of information, like showing the body's pictures, for example?

we have fucking video of neil armstrong landing on the moon, and yet there are still people who don't believe it actually took place. honestly... video of the dude jumping up and down. have you ever seen a movie from the 60's? do you understand how shitty special effects were back then? yet somehow people believe that they were able to fake a moon landing to the point where it still looks real today?

the quasi-known whereabouts? we haven't known where he was for a long time, and the time that the trail went cold, as well as many other events that have taken place, happen to line up fairly well with the time that this complex went up. there is plenty of circumstantial evidence, if you actually wish to look for it. his own fucking daughter said he was dead. what, is she in on the big conspiracy too? is she working for the USA?

as for the pakistani military... well, they have a lot of explaining to do. i absolutely believe they knew where he was the entire time and didn't tell us. i'm hoping an investigation is done and would like to see aid to pakistan cut off. obama will have to do something on that issue. if he doesn't i can certainly see it becoming an issue during the election cycle.

exactly. i gotta say, i find it disturbing that so many people are clamouring to see a photo of a guy who was shot in the head.

i know! it weirds me out tbh...

i was wondering last night, what with this overload of information at our fingertips, and all this clamouring for every little shred of detail/proof, whether so much data is good for the human mind... i mean, how can we process or cope with so much info or all the (often irrational) fear and suspicion it creates? what will be the long-term effects on humanity i wonder? what will the history books of the future be like? minute-by-minute updates, instead of the date/year of a historical event as i learnt it at school/uni? history students in the future are certainly going to have their work cut out ha :D

(god, my mind sure was buzzing with questions last night lol)

My mate asked me just before "was Osama even real? Could have just been a big US cover up, think about it..."

Never wanted to hit a good mate square in the face before.

I don't think that it was a big cover up, but it is plausable that someone could create a fake scenario a la wag the dog.

It is also possible for a celebrity to fake a death and have the whole world believe it.

One more thought: Before what we know as World Music appeared, a band in Germany did a series of recordings called "Ethnic Forgeries." That was simiilar to the U2/Passengers project.

They created an album of a tribe or group that may or may not exisist. And people bought it.

I would have thought writing songs for fake movies is a little different to one of the biggest countries in the world "faking" Osama's death.

But maybe that's just me.

I wonder if the people wanting photographic proof of bin Laden's death knew him well enough to actually know whether that body in the photo is him or not. People look different when they are dead -- even ones who die peacefully. So, really, how does seeing a photo of a badly damaged body of someone you've never met convince you it's really him?

Exactly, this is what I find baffling. He's going to have half a face, some family members can't even identify their own loved ones without tattoos or birthmarks with these types of gunshot wounds.

One more thought: Before what we know as World Music appeared, a band in Germany did a series of recordings called "Ethnic Forgeries." That was simiilar to the U2/Passengers project.

They created an album of a tribe or group that may or may not exisist. And people bought it.
I want you to think about this comparison a little more... or a lot more, whatever it takes.

let me ask you peeps a question

Do you think, if Bush was still president, he would have released the pics?

I don't know if he would have released the pictures to the general public but I have no doubt that he would have called a special meeting with representatives of the victims of 9/11 and, behind closed doors, he may have either shown the pictures or offered some other kind of tangible proof that the murderer of their loved ones is dead.

So, yes....I believe he would.

I want you to think about this comparison a little more... or a lot more, whatever it takes.

My point is that powerful people can, but do not always do, manufacture scenarios that an unassuming public can buy hook line and sinker.

In this case I think its legit.

We are so distant from Middle Asia or Midldle East that we can't really comment on it. Because we are the mercy of the press for our info, let alone cataclismic cultural differences, language barriers and misunderstandings.

but I have no doubt that he would have called a special meeting with representatives of the victims of 9/11 and, behind closed doors, he may have either shown the pictures or offered some other kind of tangible proof that the murderer of their loved ones is dead.

So, yes....I believe he would.

You have no doubt? Really? Even after how him and his party has treated the victims family you have no doubt he would have done this? And why?

I can see that you are frustrated by my 'trumping'* this converstaion BVS. But when BO released the birth cert everyone shut up. Why can't he do the same with the pics?

*trumping is the persitent and annoying demand for evidence from Barack Obama

My point is that powerful people can, but do not always do, manufacture scenarios that an unassuming public can buy hook line and sinker.

In this case I think its legit.

We are so distant from Middle Asia or Midldle East that we can't really comment on it. Because we are the mercy of the press for our info, let alone cataclismic cultural differences, language barriers and misunderstandings.

A band no one has heard of pulling a hoax, very very easy. Now what you forgot about that story is that they eventually got figured out.

Now a country lying to the world in the day and age of internet, not so easy. Just like the music hoax it would eventually be figured out. Bin Laden would just have to prove he was still alive and it puts the whole country and people's careers at risk.

I can see that you are frustrated by my 'trumping'* this converstaion BVS. But when BO released the birth cert everyone shut up. Why can't he do the same with the pics?

*trumping is the persitent and annoying demand for evidence from Barack Obama

Nice use of the word :up:

These are two different scenarios.

But let me just ask you this.

Why would you believe a photo and how would you know it's real?

This isn't 1950.

Photoshop, as this thread has proven, is the ultimate mechanisim of skewing reality.

I would probably believe a photo but admit it could be easily doctored.

And this is my point, all of you that are asking for a photo you look pretty foolish because a: you wouldn't know if it's Osama or George, and b: you wouldn't know if it's doctored.

Back
Top Bottom