Osama Bin Laden is dead.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope people will start giving our President some much deserved (and very belated) credit now!

:heart::heart::heart: Support our President, Support Our Troops, Support Our Country! :heart::heart::heart:

I will when cap and trade, and easy money policies are abandoned. Though I have to give it to Obama; he didn't flake on getting Osama like Clinton did.

untitled.jpg

yes!!! Win!!! Win win win!!

cobl04 said:
May I ask why? There's a myriad of issues here I'm not aware of, but at its very base, surely it is a good thing he is dead, no?

It's the principle of the thing. We find Arab celebrations of death reprehensible, so I can't get off on the death of others with a clear conscience, now can I?

Plus, this just feels fucking hollow.

Plus, it might be a fabrication.

It's the principle of the thing. We find Arab celebrations of death reprehensible,
First thing, VERY first thing I felt when they had the camera on all the happy, chanting folks in front of the White House was a cold chill as I though, "God, way too close to footage of Middle East celebrations on 9/11".

</debbiedowner>

I'm sorry, but this just pisses me off. Why in the world would our country fabricate Bin Laden's death? It affects the whole damn planet, and there's no point to lie about something this monumental.

The administration had this information for a few days.

It was very courteous not to release it until the Royal Wedding came and went. :up:

Don't forget about Qaddafi's grandkids.

Not a good day to be a family member of public enemies #1 and #18.

i generally agree with not celebrating death, but there are exceptions when i choose not to care. this is one of those times.

It's the principle of the thing. We find Arab celebrations of death reprehensible, so I can't get off on the death of others with a clear conscience, now can I?

Plus, this just feels fucking hollow.

Fabricated story? Maaaaybe.

Fabricated death? Highly, highly unlikely. Don't think the US would have the balls to say he's dead knowing fine well that Osama could just release a tape saying 'fuck you America, I'm actually alive. Stop making shit up.'

In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if they have pre-taped Osama videos to be released as propaganda just for this.

First thing, VERY first thing I felt when they had the camera on all the happy, chanting folks in front of the White House was a cold chill as I though, "God, way too close to footage of Middle East celebrations on 9/11".

</debbiedowner>

qft - bothered me a lot, watching what looked like a bunch of frat boys celebrate someone's death - I don't care who it is.

A cool moment: amidst the tens of thousands, one apartment pulled large speakers onto their balcony, connected them to their television, and broadcast the audio of Obama's speech. Everyone quieted down to listen.

I'm sorry, but this just pisses me off. Why in the world would our country fabricate Bin Laden's death? It affects the whole damn planet, and there's no point to lie about something this monumental.

The press have made mistakes before, but yeah, Obama probably wouldn't come out and make this proclamation if he wasn't 150% certain he's dead.

I see where you're coming from, but I think given the fact the man is evil personified, surely you can crack a smile, even if you don't "get off on it".

The images of frat boys partying and chanting is repugnant though, I agree zuropafit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom