Osama Bin Laden is dead. - Page 29 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-05-2011, 10:09 AM   #561
ONE
love, blood, life
 
mad1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Posts: 13,165
Local Time: 09:25 AM
let me ask you peeps a question


Do you think, if Bush was still president, he would have released the pics?
__________________

mad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:11 AM   #562
Refugee
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: die for you baby, DIVE for you baby!
Posts: 1,480
Local Time: 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
I would have thought writing songs for fake movies is a little different to one of the biggest countries in the world "faking" Osama's death.

But maybe that's just me.
The point is that though I do believe he is dead, It is plausable and possible that this could happen.
__________________

canedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:18 AM   #563
Refugee
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Tel-Aviv, Israel
Posts: 1,300
Local Time: 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad1 View Post
let me ask you peeps a question


Do you think, if Bush was still president, he would have released the pics?
I don't know if he would have released the pictures to the general public but I have no doubt that he would have called a special meeting with representatives of the victims of 9/11 and, behind closed doors, he may have either shown the pictures or offered some other kind of tangible proof that the murderer of their loved ones is dead.

So, yes....I believe he would.
AchtungBono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:19 AM   #564
Refugee
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: die for you baby, DIVE for you baby!
Posts: 1,480
Local Time: 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post

I want you to think about this comparison a little more... or a lot more, whatever it takes.
My point is that powerful people can, but do not always do, manufacture scenarios that an unassuming public can buy hook line and sinker.

In this case I think its legit.

We are so distant from Middle Asia or Midldle East that we can't really comment on it. Because we are the mercy of the press for our info, let alone cataclismic cultural differences, language barriers and misunderstandings.
canedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:23 AM   #565
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AchtungBono View Post
but I have no doubt that he would have called a special meeting with representatives of the victims of 9/11 and, behind closed doors, he may have either shown the pictures or offered some other kind of tangible proof that the murderer of their loved ones is dead.

So, yes....I believe he would.
You have no doubt? Really? Even after how him and his party has treated the victims family you have no doubt he would have done this? And why?
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:26 AM   #566
Refugee
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: die for you baby, DIVE for you baby!
Posts: 1,480
Local Time: 04:25 AM
I can see that you are frustrated by my 'trumping'* this converstaion BVS. But when BO released the birth cert everyone shut up. Why can't he do the same with the pics?

*trumping is the persitent and annoying demand for evidence from Barack Obama
canedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:28 AM   #567
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canedge View Post
My point is that powerful people can, but do not always do, manufacture scenarios that an unassuming public can buy hook line and sinker.

In this case I think its legit.

We are so distant from Middle Asia or Midldle East that we can't really comment on it. Because we are the mercy of the press for our info, let alone cataclismic cultural differences, language barriers and misunderstandings.
A band no one has heard of pulling a hoax, very very easy. Now what you forgot about that story is that they eventually got figured out.

Now a country lying to the world in the day and age of internet, not so easy. Just like the music hoax it would eventually be figured out. Bin Laden would just have to prove he was still alive and it puts the whole country and people's careers at risk.
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:31 AM   #568
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canedge View Post
I can see that you are frustrated by my 'trumping'* this converstaion BVS. But when BO released the birth cert everyone shut up. Why can't he do the same with the pics?

*trumping is the persitent and annoying demand for evidence from Barack Obama
Nice use of the word

These are two different scenarios.

But let me just ask you this.

Why would you believe a photo and how would you know it's real?

This isn't 1950.
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:42 AM   #569
Refugee
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: die for you baby, DIVE for you baby!
Posts: 1,480
Local Time: 04:25 AM
Photoshop, as this thread has proven, is the ultimate mechanisim of skewing reality.

I would probably believe a photo but admit it could be easily doctored.
canedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:45 AM   #570
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canedge View Post
Photoshop, as this thread has proven, is the ultimate mechanisim of skewing reality.

I would probably believe a photo but admit it could be easily doctored.
And this is my point, all of you that are asking for a photo you look pretty foolish because a: you wouldn't know if it's Osama or George, and b: you wouldn't know if it's doctored.
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:50 AM   #571
Refugee
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: die for you baby, DIVE for you baby!
Posts: 1,480
Local Time: 04:25 AM
Doubt, criticsim, vigilant opposition are all healthy signs of a democracy. If they are not present it is just some version of Al queada
canedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:51 AM   #572
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London/Sydney
Posts: 6,609
Local Time: 10:25 AM
Hey?
Earnie Shavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:55 AM   #573
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canedge View Post
Doubt, criticsim, vigilant opposition are all healthy signs of a democracy. If they are not present it is just some version of Al queada
Way to avoid the direct question

You're right, but educated doubt, educated criticism, and informed opposition are healthy signs of a demorcacy.

Otherwise you're just the Tea Party.
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:16 AM   #574
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 66,255
Local Time: 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canedge View Post
The point is that though I do believe he is dead, It is plausable and possible that this could happen.
it's also possible that obama is a robot. do you have proof that he isn't a robot? how can you be sure?
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:22 AM   #575
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
I Move in Mysterious Ways's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 4,258
Local Time: 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
it's also possible that obama is a robot. do you have proof that he isn't a robot? how can you be sure?
I knew something wasn't right.

I Move in Mysterious Ways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:59 AM   #576
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Fanatic4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: nowhere..........man
Posts: 20,254
Local Time: 05:25 AM
I was tricked in 2008! Damn it..

I want my vote back.. nao.
U2Fanatic4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:15 PM   #577
has a
 
kramwest1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Not a toliet wall
Posts: 6,939
Local Time: 03:25 AM
Here's a summary of the SEAL raid from Popular Science:

Before the Raid, SEALs Rehearsed in a Full-Scale Replica of the Bin Laden Compound | Popular Science


They mention the possible stealth/secret helicopter debris, too:

The Helicopter That Crashed in the Bin Laden Raid Was a Secret Stealth Helicopter | Popular Science
__________________
Bread & Circuses
kramwest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:40 PM   #578
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,058
Local Time: 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canedge View Post
I don't think that it was a big cover up, but it is plausable that someone could create a fake scenario a la wag the dog.

It is also possible for a celebrity to fake a death and have the whole world believe it.

One more thought: Before what we know as World Music appeared, a band in Germany did a series of recordings called "Ethnic Forgeries." That was simiilar to the U2/Passengers project.

They created an album of a tribe or group that may or may not exisist. And people bought it.


yes, this is a totally appropriate comparison.
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:44 PM   #579
Refugee
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Tel-Aviv, Israel
Posts: 1,300
Local Time: 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
You have no doubt? Really? Even after how him and his party has treated the victims family you have no doubt he would have done this? And why?
If nothing else, then to vindicate himself and give a fat "Misson Accomplished" to all the naysayers.

How did he treat the victim's families?
AchtungBono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:47 PM   #580
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Philadelphia
Posts: 19,218
Local Time: 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canedge View Post
One more thought: Before what we know as World Music appeared, a band in Germany did a series of recordings called "Ethnic Forgeries." That was simiilar to the U2/Passengers project.

They created an album of a tribe or group that may or may not exisist. And people bought it.
Well I guess Osama must not be dead. Shit.
__________________

PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×