Ongoing Rob Ford crack cocaine scandal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The author of that article sucked, as he tripped over his narration to thrown in as much about how awful Ford is as possible.

But to the story itself, holy shit!

So His Excellency is coming back on Monday afternoon from rehab.

Strike up the acrobats, and grease up the elephants, the circus is coming! :cute:

Well...for once...it seems like Ford was a bit of an innocent bystander on that one. Guy clearly wanted some attention.

Does this mean that I can ask for affirmative action because I have red hair? People can be deeply racist against hair colors, after all.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I myself have faced so much persecution because I don't like red cars. I've been told that's a silly opinion and the colour of the car doesn't really make any difference, but my opinion is regularly tossed aside. Honestly all this racism is killing me inside, you guys. :sad:

kimmel.png

The election debate that's going on right now is like a Monty Python sketch with all the absurdity and none of the humour. :crack:

Never a dull moment in Toronto politics these days.

Rob Ford pulls out of mayoral race because of health concerns, but decides to run as a councillor. His brother, Doug, scrambles to file papers before deadline to run for mayor. So the brothers essentially swap places.

The people who insist he is making this all up (how that would even be possible is beyond me) just so that he has an excuse to drop out this time to run again next time are abhorrent.

Even worse are the people who say he "deserves" this.

He may be an asshole, but he still has a family, and is a fellow human. :slant:

I haven't heard too many of those but a lot of "he knew about this a couple of months ago." I suppose it's possible but maybe I am naive in thinking that any normal human being with a family who was diagnosed with (probably colorectal cancer)/a tumor would not put off treatment for weeks or months just to score political points with the public. Though even if he did, I don't see it as that different than Jack Layton.

I haven't heard too many of those but a lot of "he knew about this a couple of months ago." I suppose it's possible but maybe I am naive in thinking that any normal human being with a family who was diagnosed with (probably colorectal cancer)/a tumor would not put off treatment for weeks or months just to score political points with the public. Though even if he did, I don't see it as that different than Jack Layton.

Both people I am referring to work for Olivia Chow's campaign, so that should make clear their opinions of Ford's politics. Even still, that's way over the line, IMO.

Yes, it looks like pretty grim news, hopefully they caught it in time to take care of it.

Interestingly enough Doug has been making the rounds praising Olivia Chow for her response as opposed to John Tory.

It's a super rare form of cancer but by the sounds of it the hospital he is in is the one place in the world you want to be if you get it. So at least there's that.

My hope is all is well and Rob Ford rides off into the sunset, never to see the inside of City Hall again. But I'm doubtful he will ever truly be gone at this point.

Back
Top Bottom