Ongoing Mass Shooting Thread #3... that's right, a third thread. Because 'Murica.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Right on cue.....as soon as we find out the shooter is not a white male, all the fake outrage and virtue signaling about gun control stops. What a joke.

Some of you have become complete parodies or yourselves

Lol I mean as a half Arab person who grew up in this country id like to say...

He’s white enough.

Right on cue.....as soon as we find out the shooter is not a white male, all the fake outrage and virtue signaling about gun control stops. What a joke.

Every time you post, I feel outraged at the lack of quality education in this country.

What about Blue Lives Matter? Crickets. Of course there were crickets about that on January 6th too.

51 year old father of 7 children, first to respond to a supermarket slaughter.

Any GOP response? What happened to that pro life mantra? I demand my right to stay alive in a grocery store.

As for the race of the killer, of course some are mentioning that he came here from Syria 19 years ago. Seems to me the biggest terrorist threats recently have been home grown. But whatever, life is tough these days for the well regulated militia.

Fox News didn't even cover the Boulder shooting last night. Tucker was ranting about transgender kids ruining girls' sports.

At some point the Dems have to decide is this old stupid Senate rule worth all the destruction and chaos it has caused over the years, or is it time to say fuck it and pass laws that could help (not every one of the items in the Dems Gun Bills will solve the problem, but a lot of them would reduce what we currently see)??

This goes for the voting rights, min wage, and now gun control. You want to keep your base engaged, then you pass laws that you said you would. Blaming minority party won't work anymore.

Over 40 million guns were sold during the pandemic. Every time there's a high profile case like this, more guns are bought. We can't change those statistics, those guns are out there now. But why not make it safer for any new transactions going forward?

Did you come in here and post that without reading any of the previous posts?

I would say you’ve become a complete parody of yourself, but you’ve never been one to take seriously in the first place, so...

Last edited:
What does his ethnicity have to do with the fact that American society is awash in guns and weekly mass shootings are just fine so long as Gun owners aren’t remotely inconvenienced?

"The contempt of Democrats for prayers is an odd sociological thing"-Cancun Ted today after Sen Blumenthal called out the inaction and thoughts and prayers.

Thoughts and prayers for people after your inaction has been a factor in their murders is an odd sociological thing.

Democrats hate prayer and religion and God! Keep up those dog whistles Ted.

What does his ethnicity have to do with the fact that American society is awash in guns and weekly mass shootings are just fine so long as Gun owners aren’t remotely inconvenienced?

Our resident Christian is mad because someone assumed in this thread that the guy had some right wing motive influenced by his beloved QAnon. #notallgunmen

I’m just a little bit tired of lives depending on whether or not a young man with an AR-15 has had a good day or not.

A lot of this rests on Joe Manchins conscience and more.

He alone could have done something in 2013 after sandy hook, and he again is in the spotlight saying he won’t agree to background checks.

90% of the country supports this small measure. But our fucking senate is broken and has been for a long time.

"The contempt of Democrats for prayers is an odd sociological thing"-Cancun Ted today after Sen Blumenthal called out the inaction and thoughts and prayers.

Thoughts and prayers for people after your inaction has been a factor in their murders is an odd sociological thing.

Ted Cruz really needs to shut the goddamn fuck up already. Jesus, he's such an asshole.

I’m just a little bit tired of lives depending on whether or not a young man with an AR-15 has had a good day or not.

Interesting how there's no narrative of that sort around this shooter, isn't it?

I've seen a lot of people pointing out how the GOP wants to make it harder for people to vote than to buy a gun.

As long as people keep retweeting him and he gets airtime an praise, Ted Cruz will not shut up. :shrug:.

Saw the clip of him saying this. I don't think there's a more unlikeable figure in politics currently, maybe ever (and that includes our recently ousted former president and the likes of Nixon and Jackson).

He bought the gun six days before he committed the murders

(AP)The shooting came 10 days after a judge blocked a ban on assault rifles passed by the city of Boulder in 2018. That ordinance and another banning large-capacity magazines came after the 2018 mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, that left 17 people dead.

A lawsuit challenging the bans was filed quickly, backed by the National Rifle Association. The judge struck down the ordinance under a Colorado law that blocks cities from making their own rules about guns.

A lot of this rests on Joe Manchins conscience and more.

He alone could have done something in 2013 after sandy hook, and he again is in the spotlight saying he won’t agree to background checks.

90% of the country supports this small measure. But our fucking senate is broken and has been for a long time.

When there were no meaningful long term changes after someone gunned down 26 people at an elementary school, I knew it was over for America. I expect absolutely no significant changes to take place following this or any future shooting. The blood spilled in these shootings is treated like a necessary price for freedom, a sad reality of an ideal system, rather than a sign that something is terribly wrong with the laws and culture we've developed.

The pattern of reactions that take place after a shooting is so numbing and depressing that I tend to avoid this and similar threads. Then again, we know who wins when that's the predominant reaction to violence.

Saw the clip of him saying this. I don't think there's a more unlikeable figure in politics currently, maybe ever (and that includes our recently ousted former president and the likes of Nixon and Jackson).

ted cruz may be a punchable, despicable cryptofascist jackass but he hasn't dramatically escalated any pointless overseas wars or committed genocide against any indigenous populations, as far as i'm aware.

i also think marjorie taylor greene rather easily takes the top prize for current most unlikeable politician. flyin' ted is definitely in the top 5 but you could make a case for greene, boebert, graham, and mcconnell too. if you expand the definition of "politician" a bit you could also include kushner and don jr. in that upper tier.

Last edited:
Idk what Kushner is doing in the conversation. He’s a piece of shit but he’s hardly “unlikable.”

He’s dangerous because of that.

Kushner and Stephen Miller are like humanized bots, I don't even consider them on the spectrum of likeability.

Donald Trump, asshole as he may be, is very capable of being likeable - maybe not by all, but he can actually objectively be charming when he wants to be. He's overall a disgusting human being.

Ted Cruz is not an unlikeable politician, but an unlikeable person. If he were a painter, a teacher, a doctor or an electrician, he'd be just as unlikeable. The GOP primaries are going to be a complete gong show.

ted cruz may be a punchable, despicable cryptofascist jackass but he hasn't dramatically escalated any pointless overseas wars or committed genocide against any indigenous populations, as far as i'm aware.

i also think marjorie taylor greene rather easily takes the top prize for current most unlikeable politician. flyin' ted is definitely in the top 5 but you could make a case for greene, boebert, graham, and mcconnell too. if you expand the definition of "politician" a bit you could also include kushner and don jr. in that upper tier.
Thankfully Son of Zodiac Killer hasn't been in position to escalate wars or commit genocide.

MTG is rising up the ladder fast, but I think Ted successfully defended the title with his Cancun trip during the Texas Ice Age, made him less likeable to even some of his supporters.

That attempted copycat didn't take long. The copycat element definitely exists, and the media attention plays a part too. How the hell do you go into a grocery store bathroom with 6 guns? Just another day in the Wild West (South).

ABC News
Atlanta man arrested with 6 guns, body armor at Publix grocery store

Wed, March 24, 2021, 10:28 PM

Two days after 10 people were murdered at a grocery store in Colorado, a man was arrested at an Atlanta supermarket with a semiautomatic rifle, a shotgun and four handguns. The man also was wearing body armor and had a cache of ammunition, according to police.

Atlanta police identified the suspect as Rico Marley, 22, and said he'd been charged with reckless conduct.

The incident happened at about 1:30 p.m. when a witness saw Marley allegedly enter the Publix grocery store's bathroom with a cache of weaponry. The individual called police and the suspect was arrested when he left the bathroom, law enforcement said.

Reckless conduct?
Seems there should be a lot more and a lot harsher charges.

Nah, GA has open carry even for long guns. No biggie I guess. An Instacart worker saw him in the bathroom stall and saw the AR 15, I guess through the spaces on the sides of the door.

This is what the guy had. Just doing his duty as a member of the well regulated militia.

Armed_Man-Georgia_Grocery_47449-605c8b9859f98-850x478$large.jpg

Guns have completely ruined this fucking country.

NRA (with Russia backing) has turned it into a cult of being.

To have to go out in society and see someone carrying a gun and then determine is this guy going to shoot everyone, or is he just a douche who thinks he's providing comfort to the rest of us?

I say people should call the cops every time they see an open carry.

Back
Top Bottom