Ongoing Mass Shooting Thread #3... that's right, a third thread. Because 'Murica.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Florence, SC. 7 deputies shot, 1 killed. Suspect taken into custody.

https://ktla.com/2018/10/03/5-officers-shot-in-south-carolinas-florence-county/

1) As soon as I saw the suspect was alive I knew he was white.
2) it took 7 trained officers to subdue one man. And yet the NRA continues to peddle the theory that Joe Schmoe off the street would suddenly become Rambo when confronted with an active shooter.

Last edited:
Trump actually just said if they had an armed guard in the synagogue this wouldn't have happened. So, their fault? Earlier he talked about all the hate in this country and something needs to be done about it. His complete lack of self awareness is his typical mo. Standard narcissistic behavior.

thoughts and prayers to all the journalists who are going to once again have to massage right wing terrorism into a "both sides" frame.

If we had guards everywhere!

The funny thing about that is that it takes one bullet from blindside shot to render a guard useless.

Trump actually just said if they had an armed guard in the synagogue this wouldn't have happened. So, their fault? Earlier he talked about all the hate in this country and something needs to be done about it. His complete lack of self awareness is his typical mo. Standard narcissistic behavior.
I know there are synagogues here that DO have armed guards, because even though it's the 21st century, people still can't get it through their heads that being Jewish isn't a conspiracy.

Armed guards at a place of worship. What a complete piece of human garbage Trump is.

I know there are synagogues here that DO have armed guards, because even though it's the 21st century, people still can't get it through their heads that being Jewish isn't a conspiracy.

Armed guards at a place of worship. What a complete piece of human garbage Trump is.
Actually, now I'm remembering that the armed guard outside the one I worked next to a few years ago had the police called on him and there was a huge standoff with him for about 20 minutes while they confirmed why he was there. Of course he was black, but I'm sure that has nothing to do with why someone called the police on the guy.

This. So much for the "good guy with a gun" argument.

Trump really needs to shut his goddamn mouth.

A properly trained good guy with gun maybe . . . and that's up to each organization or group

I'm not fully opposed to the Israeli model of hardening soft targets

thoughts and prayers to all the journalists who are going to once again have to massage right wing terrorism into a "both sides" frame.

I don't know if it's true or not but there are reports that this killer hated Trump because he thought Trump was "controlled by the Jews". It's terrorism and bigotry and anti Semitism regardless, obviously. And no matter what the details, the fact remains that we have a President who constantly stokes the flames of bigotry and violence and hatred and incivility. Who is a complete divider. I remember when Obama was constantly called a divider by the same people who elected Trump. Trump is uniting those people, no doubt about that. Uniting them against people who aren't their "kind".

I worked at 92Y in New York City before we moved to DC - it's the largest Jewish community center in New York.

We had NYPD antiterrorism officers permanently stationed outside, multiple armed security guards, 24/7 bomb sniffing dogs and blast proof windows up to the 4th floor.

A properly trained good guy with gun maybe . . . and that's up to each organization or group

I'm not fully opposed to the Israeli model of hardening soft targets

So you're in favor of us as a majority living in fear of a hateful minority?

I don't know if it's true or not but there are reports that this killer hated Trump because he thought Trump was "controlled by the Jews". It's terrorism and bigotry and anti Semitism regardless, obviously. And no matter what the details, the fact remains that we have a President who constantly stokes the flames of bigotry and violence and hatred and incivility. Who is a complete divider. I remember when Obama was constantly called a divider by the same people who elected Trump. Trump is uniting those people, no doubt about that. Uniting them against people who aren't their "kind".

From what I can gather, he was anti-Trump because Trump wasn't Nazi *enough* for him.

Yeah, from what I've heard so far, he felt Trump wasn't right-wing enough. Which is...scary.

But agreed that even if he didn't like Trump, Trump's rhetoric still clearly influences people like him. Shockingly, when you're the president of the United States, your words have a lot of power and influence. Who knew?

I remember when Obama was constantly called a divider by the same people who elected Trump. Trump is uniting those people, no doubt about that. Uniting them against people who aren't their "kind".

Yeah, there was one reason and one reason only why they couldn't stand Obama. You don't vote for somebody who spreads birther bullshit unless you either: a) agree with that crap, or b) don't care one way or another that a potential presidential candidate thinks it's perfectly fine to say such things. And that is precisely why I never bought the "Oh, we just voted for Trump because of the economy" nonsense from his supporters.

I worked at 92Y in New York City before we moved to DC - it's the largest Jewish community center in New York.

We had NYPD antiterrorism officers permanently stationed outside, multiple armed security guards, 24/7 bomb sniffing dogs and blast proof windows up to the 4th floor.

When I saw the security guard at the place next to where I work, it was the first time I'd ever seen that and I was horrified. My boss, who was Jewish, told me it's pretty much the norm in any large city. I can only imagine what it's like in New York. That's horrible.

Trump didn't even offer thoughts and prayers, so I guess that's refreshing. He just wants the death penalty back. Because God knows that's been a great deterrent in America with mass shootings thus far.

America is depressing as fuck. I live in a shithole country that doesn’t value the lives of its own citizens...puts profits over people...etc, etc.

Depressing as fuck.

Back
Top Bottom