Ongoing Mass Shooting Thread #3... that's right, a third thread. Because 'Murica.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If would be amazing if leftists spent as much time blaming the people who actually COMMIT the crimes, as they do organizations or institutions that they think "cause" these things. Or the crappy parents that drop the ball , or as in the case of Parkland, the Broward County Sheriff's department and the FBI who screwed up MULTIPLE times.

It's NEVER personal responsibility with the left, it's always some nebulous organization behind it all. And the left's solution for bad government supervision and criminals breaking laws?

Let's get MORE government involvement and create more laws. Pure genius.:doh:

If would be amazing if leftists spent as much time blaming the people who actually COMMIT the crimes, as they do organizations or institutions that they think "cause" these things. Or the crappy parents that drop the ball , or as in the case of Parkland, the Broward County Sheriff's department and the FBI who screwed up MULTIPLE times.

It's NEVER personal responsibility with the left, it's always some nebulous organization behind it all. And the left's solution for bad government supervision and criminals breaking laws?

Anything but the guns. Literally, ANYTHING. Throw shit at the wall, make shit up, lie lie lie, spew some nonsensical bullshit about “personal responsibility” because you’re uninformed enough to think buzzwords mean things. And avoid policy, statistics, and the simple fact that this doesn’t happen with any sort of regularity in any other country. Because they have LAWS that prevent these kinds of things from happening.

All because you hate the opposing team more than you care about dead kids. And because you’re being willfully stupid in order to ... what, exactly? Defend The Sandy Hook shooter’s mother’s right to our wn the assault weapons used to murder her and slice a bunch of first graders into hamburger? Because that’s about “personal responsibility”? Because you don’t want to be inconvenienced however slightly? Because you don’t want to think that other peoples lives are maybe just as important as yours?

This happens because people like you live in the US and think your twisted notion of rights is more important than dead people.

Blood is on your face and hands.

Last edited:

Jesus freak,

No one is against blaming those that pulled the trigger.

But let’s take a good look at how those individuals got the guns.

The NRA lobbied against certain mental health checks, they’ve also(until just recently) lobbied against gun restraining orders which required the FBI to hand guns back to the future shooter, in two recent mass shootings.

It's NEVER personal responsibility with the right, it's always some nebulous deep state behind it all. And the right’s solution for actual law and order?

Maybe if you guys would have a discussion without constantly throwing personal insults, more people would actually take part in this forum.

Gzusfrk, there is no point in engaging people who obviously want an echo chamber and shout down anyone with an alternative viewpoint with personal insults.
Hey guy who doesn't support Trump but only comes to argue that side, but totally doesn't support him :wave:

Maybe if you guys would have a discussion without constantly throwing personal insults, more people would actually take part in this forum.

Gzusfrk, there is no point in engaging people who obviously want an echo chamber and shout down anyone with an alternative viewpoint with personal insults.

Gzusfrk made his bed a long time ago with me via personal insult.

And if you’ll look at his post(s) they’re hardly missives of comity and civility seeking to understand alternative viewpoints. He comes to yell just as much as anybody, it not more.

Ummmm, that’s his screen name.

But once again, nice try.

Hey, Gzusfrk, say hi to Oregoropa for me.

I'd assume ImOuttaControl is bob saget but they've been around for long enough that I know they're not an alter for one of our banned trolly Trump stans.

Ummmm, that’s his screen name.

But once again, nice try.

Ummm, no it's not. I could take the letters B V S and turn them into something different too if I wanted to, but we know your posting style and the fact that you can address someone as "freak" is not something you'll pass up on.

Nice try.

Ummm, no it's not. I could take the letters B V S and turn them into something different too if I wanted to, but we know your posting style and the fact that you can address someone as "freak" is not something you'll pass up on.

Nice try.

Let's all sound this one out,shall we?

Gzusfrk

G-ZUS FRK

Jesus Freak

giphy.gif

seems like Beevus was right.

But Nice Try.

Hey, Gzusfrk, say hi to Oregoropa for me.

I'd assume ImOuttaControl is bob saget but they've been around for long enough that I know they're not an alter for one of our banned trolly Trump stans.

And here comes Axver with a wrong assumption as well! How does the saying about assumptions go again?

And, no, I'm not a "Trump troll." I can find plenty of fault in the dude (I voted for Johnson). I have no alter and am no alter, so sorry to burst your bubble. I've actually really grown to appreciate your knowledge of U2 over the years and I'm not totally sure why you feel the need to suddenly come after me.

Nice try.

Come on, his screen name is clearly a reference to "Jesus freak", basically like how someone might put it on a vanity license plate.
If BVS had merely called him "Freak", you might have an argument, but here you do not.

Nice try.

[emoji52] ok, we’ll just let him explain his name to us, and if I was wrong, I’ll apologize.

[emoji52] ok, we’ll just let him explain his name to us, and if I was wrong, I’ll apologize.

If that wasn't your intent, BVS, then I do apologize. I just saw Gzusfrk post some points worth talking about followed by 3 posts that looked like they got personal/calling names. Yours just happened to be 3rd in line.

My overall point is that how can discussion here ever take place when people hurl insults, personal attacks and hyperbole like if you support 2nd amendment rights, you obviously don't care about dead kids and have blood on your face and hands, or calling NRA members terrorists. (I know you didn't say this, but it's just the first couple of examples I could think of).

If that wasn't your intent, BVS, then I do apologize. I just saw Gzusfrk post some points worth talking about followed by 3 posts that looked like they got personal/calling names. Yours just happened to be 3rd in line.

My overall point is that how can discussion here ever take place when people hurl insults, personal attacks and hyperbole like if you support 2nd amendment rights, you obviously don't care about dead kids and have blood on your face and hands, or calling NRA members terrorists. (I know you didn't say this, but it's just the first couple of examples I could think of).
He started it by calling me a leftist

If you aren't one it is

I suppose there is a level of holding their nose when some people say it, like leftist or liberal is a bad word for a conservative and conservative or right wing is a bad word for a liberal. How else would you describe people on the left of the political spectrum though? Or the right?

Off to enjoy some sunny, warm MN weather for once! What it's like for us after 6 months of snow and dreary:

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6fJ39p9CJwlslqaQ/giphy.gif

See, I actually do believe that if you vote on the basis of 2nd Amendment “rights” — it’s a pretty vague amendment — and believe that includes assault weapons, then, yes, you absolutely do have the blood of innocent children on your hands. You are electing leaders who will not do anything to prevent these massacres. You could do something about it, but you aren’t. Gun control, as they have in virtually every other western country, reduces gun violence.

This isn’t a debate. It’s about whether you are willing to take the steps needed to reduce violence, or not.

In the era of #metoo, we talk about those who remained silent about abuse being as guilty as the abusers. The same goes here.

The NRA as a terrorist organization hardly needs debate either. The policies they have advanced have resulted in far more American death than ISIS or Al Qaeda. If you pay dues to the NRA, or financially support them in any way, post their videos where they mock Parkland students, you are supporting their terrorist agenda intended to sell more guns to a more paranoid population.

It's NEVER personal responsibility with the left

literally two pages before this post (and quoted in full on the previous page) is a long detailed post i made about how personal responsibility is the solution to the problem of violent misogynistic young men committing mass murder, but hey don't let that get in the way of your narrative.

Back
Top Bottom