Ongoing Mass Shooting Thread #3... that's right, a third thread. Because 'Murica.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mass Casualties this morning in Louisville, KY. I just want to show my appreciation for the dead for making the sacrifice so we can keep our 2nd amendment.

Mass Casualties this morning in Louisville, KY. I just want to show my appreciation for the dead for making the sacrifice so we can keep our 2nd amendment.

May their memories be a blessing as you load your AR-15.

Say their names as you fire each bullet, for their gruesome deaths made your Sunday afternoon at the shooting range possible.

But what about mental health? That’s the real problem here of course.

*checks history notes*

National Mental Health Act (1946), issued by socially progressive congress and president, led to breakthroughs on diagnosis and treatment of mental illnesses and psychiatric disorders. Established and funded the National Institute of Mental Health. Made mental health a national priority.

Mental Health Study Act (1955), issued by socially progressive congress and president, led to the establishment of the Joint Commission on Mental Illness and Mental Health. Expanded the National Institute of Mental Health.

Community Mental Health Act of 1963, issued by faux socially progressive president and congress, led to serious disestablishment and de-institutionalization in the name of cost savings. Superficially valid, it led to cast removal of institutions without resource replacement.

Mental Health Systems Act of 1980, issued by socially progressive president and congress, was a landmark piece of legislation aiming to fund the community mental health centers promised by its predecessor act of 1963. It was considered a landmark. Socially conservative president and split congress repealed the act one year later.

I’ll save you the part about the socially progressive president circa 2008 that did something about suicide prevention, since that was an executive order and we don’t like those.

So we are so concerned as to why nobody is doing anything about mental health, and yet history suggests it’s a bunch of fuckboys who wanted to lower your taxes that disestablished those capabilities. I challenge anyone, progressive or conservative, to reformulate the institutions to handle to obviously mentally ill. Then, after that, formulate a government oversight program to monitor high risk individuals (lol we will see how well that goes over).

Anyways. Mental health! Whatabout!

But what about mental health? That’s the real problem here of course.

*checks history notes*

National Mental Health Act (1946), issued by socially progressive congress and president, led to breakthroughs on diagnosis and treatment of mental illnesses and psychiatric disorders. Established and funded the National Institute of Mental Health. Made mental health a national priority.

Mental Health Study Act (1955), issued by socially progressive congress and president, led to the establishment of the Joint Commission on Mental Illness and Mental Health. Expanded the National Institute of Mental Health.

Community Mental Health Act of 1963, issued by faux socially progressive president and congress, led to serious disestablishment and de-institutionalization in the name of cost savings. Superficially valid, it led to cast removal of institutions without resource replacement.

Mental Health Systems Act of 1980, issued by socially progressive president and congress, was a landmark piece of legislation aiming to fund the community mental health centers promised by its predecessor act of 1963. It was considered a landmark. Socially conservative president and split congress repealed the act one year later.

I’ll save you the part about the socially progressive president circa 2008 that did something about suicide prevention, since that was an executive order and we don’t like those.

So we are so concerned as to why nobody is doing anything about mental health, and yet history suggests it’s a bunch of fuckboys who wanted to lower your taxes that disestablished those capabilities. I challenge anyone, progressive or conservative, to reformulate the institutions to handle to obviously mentally ill. Then, after that, formulate a government oversight program to monitor high risk individuals (lol we will see how well that goes over).

Anyways. Mental health! Whatabout!

I read this. I comprehended it, but I'm just so focus on my thoughts and prayers right now that it's tough for me to really process what you posted.

I'm going to start a conspiracy theory that the church is behind the increased gun violence in efforts to increase the amount of prayers. This year alone, we've seen a 5.2% increase in prayers YOY.

I thought last night wow we made it through Easter Sunday without a mass shooting being reported. And thought about how pathetic it is to even have to think about that.

Read that idiots on Twitter are talking about how the bank shooter today had the pronouns he/him on his Twitter profile. Yes of course they are trying to distract with completely irrelevant weaponized nonsense.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/16/us/dadeville-alabama-mass-shooting/index.html

CNN — A mass shooting tied to a birthday party has left four people dead and a “multitude” of injuries in Dadeville, Alabama, state officials said.

The shooting happened around 10:34 p.m. Saturday, the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency said Sunday.

“It was tied to a birthday party,” Sgt. Jeremy J. Burkett said. “There were four lives tragically lost in this incident, and there’s been a multitude of injuries.”

Burkett declined to provide more details, citing the ongoing investigation.

I only mentioned white people because the Governor said the NRA was full of diversity when the video of her speech showed an audience full of white people.

She also said this, how bizarre but playing to her target audience/donors/potential voters. It's SICK to me

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news...kota-governor-kristi-noem-grandchild-guns-nra

South Dakota’s governor told an audience of people that her two-year-old grandchild has several guns.

While speaking on Friday at a National Rifle Association (NRA) lobbying leadership forum in Indiana, the Republican governor Kristi Noem told audience members her toddler grandchild has multiple guns, reported Mediaite.

During her remarks, Noem spoke about her grandchildren: Addie, who is almost two, and Branch, who is a few months old. Noem then said that Addie already had a shotgun and a rifle.

“Now Addie, who you know – soon will need them, I wanna reassure you, she already has a shotgun and she already has a rifle and she’s got a little pony named Sparkles too. So the girl is set up,” said Noem.

Who could have ever predicted that a untrained, unlicensed, lawfully allowed society to conceal and carry weapons of death would cause death for any possible reasoning

The “everyone gets a gun” ideology is serving us really well!

And, truly, I’m so glad it’s Fox Viewers with their fingers in the trigger. Just the best people in America, keeping us safe.

What were the cheerleaders doing out that late? Where are the parents? That's the issue, not guns. Are either of the cheerleaders gay?

Back
Top Bottom