Ongoing Mass Shooting Thread #3... that's right, a third thread. Because 'Murica. - Page 38 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2019, 09:36 PM   #741
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:20 AM
What will that mean?

Old 09-19-2019, 09:46 PM   #742
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:20 AM
it means sales are going to go way up for a bit because people want to get one before they're gone, production will stop and the price of new AR-15s will rise as supply drops, so colt can bring it back in two years "by popular demand" at a higher price to an even bigger sales frenzy, and then colt's share price will go up by at least 30%.

this will have absolutely no effect at all on the number of people dying by gunfire.

DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 02:56 PM   #743
Blue Crack Addict

Another day, another school shooting in the US. Saugus High School in Santa Clarita CA. 16 year old girl dead, five injured. 16 year old boy pulled a pistol out of his backpack and shot others then shot himself in the head. He"s in grave condition.
MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 03:00 PM   #744
Blue Crack Addict

At least two dead now. 14 year old boy dead
MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 04:58 PM   #745
Acrobat

Local Time: 10:20 AM
I STILL marvel at the hypocrisy in this place where as soon as the gun control virtue signalers hear that the shooter wasn’t white, didn’t use an “assault rifle “, is in the liberal haven of California with strict gun laws......there is radio silence. Doesn’t fit the liberal narrative. Same with the Democratic politicians. They only care about victims when they can use it politically.
Gzusfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 06:11 PM   #746
Blue Crack Addict

and look at you here deeply caring about the victims and totally not using them politically.

i STILL marvel at the hypocrisy every time you post.
Old 11-15-2019, 06:43 PM   #747
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post
I STILL marvel at the hypocrisy in this place where as soon as the gun control virtue signalers hear that the shooter wasn’t white, didn’t use an “assault rifle “, is in the liberal haven of California with strict gun laws......there is radio silence. Doesn’t fit the liberal narrative. Same with the Democratic politicians. They only care about victims when they can use it politically.
1. California's strict gun laws are great, but if the states around them don't have similar laws, then that's not enough. The whole point is to have better gun control nationwide.

2. Personally, I don't give a damn what kind of gun the kid used. The kid shouldn't have had access to any sort of gun in the first place, period. Assault rifles may be the main focus of late because they were involved in so many of the mass shootings, but that doesn't mean people are ignoring the issues with other guns.

3. Wow, he wasn't white. And Brenda Spencer was one of the rare females who went on a shooting spree. It's almost like there can be exceptions or something!

None of that negates the fact that as it currently stands, the majority of these kinds of shootings are committed by young white men. If people have no problem stereotyping every other race/ethnicity whenever somebody from those groups commits a crime, then they don't get to bitch and moan when young white men find themselves under that same microscope.

Also, I don't know what this young man's reasons for going on his shooting spree were, but I'm going to guess they were very different from people like, say, the El Paso shooter, or Dylan Roof, or the synagogue shooter from last year, or others of that sort. See, the motives for each type of shooting also tend to be a factor in the varied ways people discuss these crimes.

Next time you want to go around making presumptions about how liberals respond to this stuff, maybe try not misconstruing our arguments and mindsets in the process, mmkay?

And as for this

Quote:
They only care about victims when they can use it politically.
Go look at your own party's numerous examples of doing this and then get back to us, kthx, bye.
Moonlit_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 06:45 PM   #748
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:20 AM
Quote:

Tell me how many people died in California yesterday during this incident and then please go pull up the number of people who die in incidents where the perpetrator uses an “assault rifle” and then please get back to me.
LuckyNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 09:49 PM   #749
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:

Thank you for your touching words of concern for the victims. Very gzus-like.
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 10:59 AM   #750
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Tell me how many people died in California yesterday during this incident and then please go pull up the number of people who die in incidents where the perpetrator uses an “assault rifle” and then please get back to me.
Ok, I'm responding to this nonsense because Headache is waiting for me too. You are proving my point, so not enough people died in this tragedy for you? So you only talk about "saving the children" and "school shooting" when ten or more die? 20?

That's disgraceful. Either you are outraged by gun violence or you're not. You're proving my point, since only a few died, an "assault rifle" wasn't used, and one of the millions of NRA "white nationalists" wasn't the shooter, you don't care.

Welcome to the Democrat Party.
Gzusfrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 12:28 PM   #751
Blue Crack Supplier

That doesn’t make any sense at all.
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 02:43 PM   #752
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Ok, I'm responding to this nonsense because Headache is waiting for me too. You are proving my point, so not enough people died in this tragedy for you? So you only talk about "saving the children" and "school shooting" when ten or more die? 20?

That's disgraceful. Either you are outraged by gun violence or you're not. You're proving my point, since only a few died, an "assault rifle" wasn't used, and one of the millions of NRA "white nationalists" wasn't the shooter, you don't care.

Wow.

I'm kind of awestruck by how badly you missed the point.
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 03:08 PM   #753
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Lol you’re fun. Glad you tried. This is almost as good as your racist tirades about how you care about black people and democrats are the real racists.
Old 11-17-2019, 03:09 PM   #754
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
More people die in a single mass incident when the criminal uses a semi-automatic rifle, with large clips and/or clips that can be modified to be even larger without much effort. Or so I've read.

But I think we're all aware of the deaths by handguns, due to suicide and due to criminality. Gun violence due to a handgun dwarfs everything else, easily. By tens of thousands. Is that what Gzusfrk is getting at?

And there's little appetite to ban handguns in the states, regardless of party.
Bluer White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 03:42 PM   #755
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
the "independent conservative" has spoken.
Old 11-17-2019, 06:54 PM   #756
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
More people die in a single mass incident when the criminal uses a semi-automatic rifle, with large clips and/or clips that can be modified to be even larger without much effort. Or so I've read.

But I think we're all aware of the deaths by handguns, due to suicide and due to criminality. Gun violence due to a handgun dwarfs everything else, easily. By tens of thousands. Is that what Gzusfrk is getting at?

And there's little appetite to ban handguns in the states, regardless of party.

His original post indicated that this incident was something that “liberals” neglected this incident because of some wack ass reasons of identity politics (a “liberal” senator was giving a pitch to our representatives to curb gun violence as the event occurred and sadly had to go off script to use this as an example). First of all, the perpetrator was like, half Asian? That’s basically white in fucking California. Second, people are becoming desensitized to this bullshit. It’s sad to say, but “only” two people were killed in this shooting. We have a serious sensationalism issue in global western society, and two people dying in a school shooting isn’t tragic enough anymore to sell on cable news as a national tragedy.

So here you have a poster running in here criticizing those who are opposed to... school shootings? We are opposed to school shootings here. But we are being criticized because we didn’t oppose this one loud enough because some 14 year old boy was... because he was only 50% white and didn’t use an AR-15? That sounds a lot to me like he’s coming in here to convince himself that liberals just gate white people and guns irrationally. That’s what he’s effectively doing.

Reality? Ask any liberal. They’ll agree it’s a tragedy. Ask most pragmatic liberals. They’ll agree with you about the little appetite to ban handguns. That’s just not something most people either (1) believe in or (2) think is realistic to fight for.

So taking a look at the dumb race card, nobody came out with a “narrative.” We just have a shitty media that will make more deaths mean more dollars, and more media that makes people talk more. Someone getting shot in Chicago happens daily, and neither side of the media is interested in reporting on that beyond the local level because quite simply it happens all the time and there’s nothing sensational or financially interesting about reporting on it. Name me every mass shooter that wasn’t white from San Bernadino to Pulse to Dallas and beyond and you’ll have most liberals saying “take their high powered weaponry away.” Some conservatives will day “ban muslims, these people don’t assimilate, no fly lists, BLM/Antifa are terrorists” yada yada yada. So, I picked on the “assault rifle” point of his because it was a low hanging fruit. Much like how America has gone after it as a low hanging fruit (except gzus). You’re right, gang violence, crime, handguns, all these themes are bigger and worse on the gun side of things that get largely overlooked. Overlooking that stuff because the media is focused on cashing in doesn’t mean that stopping people from accessing highly powered weapons won’t stop the most sensational of shooting sprees. I mean, look around, take the entire Western world’s population minus the USA and ask yourself where shooting sprees happen, and how often they rack up deaths like they do here. I can think of two or three - Paris, a highly sophisticated ISIS terrorist attack, Norway was it? And Christchurch. Two white nationalist attacks of the same style. Proof that if the shooters really want to do it, they still can, but evidence enough that billy bob the sophomore can’t do the same if he’s angry or demented in some way.
Old 11-17-2019, 10:05 PM   #757
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:

The point: . ------>

Your head.

ETA: I'd also argue that one big reason the response to these shootings has become so muted in here is because there's been SO GODDAMN MANY OF THEM, to the point where it feels almost pointless to keep rehashing the same sentiments over and over and over and over and over and over again. Seriously, what more is there to say that hasn't already been said in response to every other shooting?

We in here are pretty much all in agreement that stronger gun control is needed at this point, and we're ready to support any policies and politicians who will take up that fight and make that happen. Where you're getting the idea that we're being selective about our outrage is beyond me. If you want to direct your outrage somewhere, focus it on the GOP. They're the ones who need to get on board with this. They love to go on and on all the time about how 'pro-life" they are, it's way past time for them to put their money where their mouths are and join the rest of us in actually doing something about this shit already.

Or, pretty much what LN7 said.
Moonlit_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 09:11 AM   #758
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

When was the last time we had a parody account posting in here? This is some good stuff
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 12:24 PM   #759
Blue Crack Distributor

Shooting at a Walmart in Oklahoma.

Not sure if the right weapon or number of casualties yet so unclear if it meets gzus' standards of whether or not I should care yet.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 12:55 PM   #760
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Don't forget race

BEAL is offline   Reply With Quote