Ongoing Mass Shooting Thread #3... that's right, a third thread. Because 'Murica. - Page 33 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 08-06-2019, 11:47 AM   #641
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post
I'm not arguing, I'm presenting facts, which many on the left hate I know. It's destroys your narrative. TBH, it's the handful of people who spend their days and nights posting in these FYM forums who don't "argue in good faith". They have their narratives , dog whistles (white supremacy/privilege, everything is racist, misogynist, etc), and when presented with facts, they either insult you or call racist. It's actually getting to be a caricature, but whatever.

And if course, the evidence is showing that the Dayton shooter may have been a left wing nutjob, but who's blaming Elizabeth Warren? Look, it's not my fault that the majority of mass shootings are not by white nationalists. But you guys go on ahead with the blind narratives.

I’m presenting facts, what else do you guys want?

I gave you an erroneous meme.

I gave you out of context statistics about gang violence when you’re talking about mass shootings in public spaces.

I gave you talking points straight from the gop’s social media team. What else do you guys want?

You guys even ignore the fact that one of the shooters was a Warren fan motivated by climate change and leftists views, but you just want to focus on the “fact” that he’s a psychopath that murdered his own sister and not his ideology.

I’m just an honest broker who loves supply side gzuz, so what if I don’t know my Bible verses, that I rely on memes, or can’t engage?! It’s you who aren’t arguing in good faith.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8222.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	12308

BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 11:55 AM   #642
War Child

Local Time: 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzusfrk View Post
I'm not arguing, I'm presenting facts, which many on the left hate I know. It's destroys your narrative. TBH, it's the handful of people who spend their days and nights posting in these FYM forums who don't "argue in good faith". They have their narratives , dog whistles (white supremacy/privilege, everything is racist, misogynist, etc), and when presented with facts, they either insult you or call racist. It's actually getting to be a caricature, but whatever.

And if course, the evidence is showing that the Dayton shooter may have been a left wing nutjob, but who's blaming Elizabeth Warren? Look, it's not my fault that the majority of mass shootings are not by white nationalists. But you guys go on ahead with the blind narratives.
You are not arguing in good faith and I will not engage with you.

Jerry Dunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 11:56 AM   #643
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:07 AM
People, please, stop giving him so much grief. He just loves Jesus *that* much.
LuckyNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 12:02 PM   #644
Blue Crack Supplier

In addition to the base, Gun control/safety is something suburban voters, especially women, and especially women with children, want. They want lots of it. Banning assault weapons and universal background checks should be a major part of the D nominee’s platform in 2020.

The Russia ties to the NRA are not just discrediting, but help us rightly paint them as a terrorist organization. Let’s continue to call them that.
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 12:08 PM   #645
Blue Crack Addict

Russian ties to the NRA backfire when the former Trump voters keep hearing “witch hunt.” Really don’t have to try that hard to make the NRA look bad - don’t need to say the word Russia unless it’s pertaining to our dear leader’s unwillingness to admit the truth about 2016 because his ego is too big, making his ability to lead questionable.
Old 08-06-2019, 12:13 PM   #646
Blue Crack Supplier

But saying Moscow Mitch apparently makes him insane with anger, so I will continue to do that.
Old 08-06-2019, 12:20 PM   #647
Blue Crack Addict

Crowd-sourced trolling of crustaceans in Congress is worthwhile and funny.
Old 08-06-2019, 12:56 PM   #648
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Sad that this keeps happening and there's no amount of legislation that will be enacted to banning or cutting back the guns that are out on the streets right now. I have a couple of friends in law enforcement and it's tantamount to trying to put toothpaste back into the tube it came out of.
YBORCITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 09:55 AM   #649
Blue Crack Distributor

Welcome to the new normal

https://twitter.com/tictoc/status/11...418203136?s=08
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 12:29 PM   #650
Blue Crack Distributor

https://twitter.com/FairfaxCountyPD/...205335040?s=19

This is USA Today HQ.

Hopefully a false alarm...
Old 08-07-2019, 01:25 PM   #651
Blue Crack Distributor

False alarm.

Life in the new American normal.
Old 08-07-2019, 03:09 PM   #652
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Apparently Venezuela, Uruguay, and Japan have warned people traveling to the U.S. to be careful because of all the mass shootings here.

U.S.A.! U.S.A.!
Moonlit_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 03:14 PM   #653
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
Apparently Venezuela, Uruguay, and Japan have warned people traveling to the U.S. to be careful because of all the mass shootings here.

U.S.A.! U.S.A.!

That’s entirely absurd and a laughable reaction to sensational news.
Old 08-07-2019, 04:24 PM   #654
Blue Crack Addict

not exactly sure how it's "entirely absurd" or laughable for a nation to advise its own citizens to simply be cautious when traveling to a country in which there is a non-negligible risk of being caught up in random gun violence. countries issue these kind of travel warnings literally all the time. canada currently has a standing "high risk" advisory against travelling to jamaica and has been ever since a canadian tourist was killed there (off-resort trying to buy drugs in a super sketchy part of town) last year. https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories

note also that one of those countries advising their citizens not to go to the US is venezuela, who could possibly have some other underlying reasons behind issuing that warning.
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 05:29 PM   #655
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
I was partly kidding around, but I do think it's sad that people have to warn about that stuff, and it does speak on some level to just how badly we're being viewed by other parts of the world nowadays. And of course, it's yet another example (as if we really needed any more) of just how utterly bullshit the whole "MAGA!" attitude is.
Moonlit_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 01:53 PM   #656
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Hello, NDT.
Old 08-08-2019, 06:25 PM   #657
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Hello, NDT.

Oh absolutely not. There’s a huge difference between addressing an individual’s feeling versus a government’s reaction. He’s “educating people” by telling them how to feel or what to worry about. Governments have a responsibility not only to their own citizens but to other governments to take responsible actions not based upon fear but on fact.
Old 08-08-2019, 07:28 PM   #658
Blue Crack Addict

those governments are absolutely taking responsible actions not based upon fear but upon fact.

it is an indisputable fact that i am at a dramatically higher risk of being caught up in gun violence literally damn near everywhere in the USA than i am anywhere in my own home country. it's almost certainly the same for citizens of uruguay and japan. it would be highly irresponsible of a nation not to warn its citizens of that fact that travelling to a given country puts them at a higher risk of violence.

people are being killed by gunfire in your country at a far higher rate than anywhere else in the world that isn't an active war zone, and that shows absolutely no sign whatsoever of abating any time in the forseeable future. this isn't just some frightened foreigners overreacting to one or two news stories. you may not like it but countries have a responsibility first and foremost to keep their own citizens safe.
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 07:37 PM   #659
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
those governments are absolutely taking responsible actions not based upon fear but upon fact.

it is an indisputable fact that i am at a dramatically higher risk of being caught up in gun violence literally damn near everywhere in the USA than i am anywhere in my own home country. it's almost certainly the same for citizens of uruguay and japan. it would be highly irresponsible of a nation not to warn its citizens of that fact that travelling to a given country puts them at a higher risk of violence.

people are being killed by gunfire in your country at a far higher rate than anywhere else in the world that isn't an active war zone, and that shows absolutely no sign whatsoever of abating any time in the forseeable future. this isn't just some frightened foreigners overreacting to one or two news stories. you may not like it but countries have a responsibility first and foremost to keep their own citizens safe.

Indisputable fact? Advisories are placed due to measurable risks. It’s not an indisputable fact that you’re measurably at risk. You’re not. This would be just as absurd if I said “Americans, don’t go to western or central Canada because Bonnie and Clyde killed an American at a gas station.” Not to mention these were reactions to *mass shootings,* not *gun violence.* These are advisories saying “don’t go to the US, you’ll get caught in a mass shooting.”

I think it’s quite insulting that you feel the need to explain to me that gun violence is a problem in the United States. This is like committing to driving your car because MH360 disappeared and you’re worried that you’re next. Guess what, civil aviation in the South Pacific is less safe. Guess what, you’re not at a measurable risk if you choose to get on an AirAsia flight.
Old 08-08-2019, 07:39 PM   #660
Blue Crack Supplier

Ongoing Mass Shooting Thread #3... that's right, a third thread. Because 'Murica.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post

Ok, you know I deplore guns as much as anybody, however, the vast majority of gun deaths in the US are suicides or incidents where the victim and perp know each other.

Mass shootings are a form of terrorism, and I don’t object at all to these travel warnings as they make a point, but to let fear of a mass shooting to deter you from doing anything is completely silly. I’d say the same think about drinking from the minibar in the DR. You are much more likely to be killed in a car crash in Canada than by a gun while visiting the US.