Ongoing Mass Shooting Thread #3... that's right, a third thread. Because 'Murica.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
https://www.facebook.com/250401089161721/posts/404598407075321/

You’re nothing if not predictable.

A meme of random mugshots. Good job [emoji106]

So now we can’t tell the difference between violence associated with gang or criminal activity and violence associated with visiting a Walmart, concert, or mall?

Both are issues that plague this country, tragic, and need to be dealt with, but they are not related.

Is your point that guns are the only common denominator?

Countdown to the narrative this shooter was influenced by the extreme left....

His twitter feed apparently trended in that direction with his likes and posts

But his actions didn’t seem to point to any political scheme.

From all accounts this kid was a psychopath from a young age and that’s why he killed.

But now we’ll find a way to blame the squad or something

Countdown to the narrative this shooter was influenced by the extreme left....

His twitter feed apparently trended in that direction with his likes and posts

But his actions didn’t seem to point to any political scheme.

From all accounts this kid was a psychopath from a young age and that’s why he killed.

But now we’ll find a way to blame the squad or something

Fascists say this all the time, it's a deliberate misinformation tactic. Some of them even tried that with the Christchurch shooter, because he apparently admired China.

EBLNmBgU0AA5sqi

This is actually a fairly momentous occasion

Gzusfreak is not arguing in good faith, there is no point to engaging with them. The target will always move because they are not actually serious about any of this. They know what they know and are content with only reinforcing what they already believe. They will not be won over, they will not cite legitimate sources, they will not present a coherent or realistic worldview. It will simply be what they've settled on and will not be moved from.

Arguing with Gzusfreak is like trying to win votes from upper middle class Republicans. It accomplishes nothing and wastes your energy on a lost cause.

Gzusfreak is not arguing in good faith, there is no point to engaging with them. The target will always move because they are not actually serious about any of this. They know what they know and are content with only reinforcing what they already believe. They will not be won over, they will not cite legitimate sources, they will not present a coherent or realistic worldview. It will simply be what they've settled on and will not be moved from.

Arguing with Gzusfreak is like trying to win votes from upper middle class Republicans. It accomplishes nothing and wastes your energy on a lost cause.

I'm not arguing, I'm presenting facts, which many on the left hate I know. It's destroys your narrative. TBH, it's the handful of people who spend their days and nights posting in these FYM forums who don't "argue in good faith". They have their narratives , dog whistles (white supremacy/privilege, everything is racist, misogynist, etc), and when presented with facts, they either insult you or call racist. It's actually getting to be a caricature, but whatever.

And if course, the evidence is showing that the Dayton shooter may have been a left wing nutjob, but who's blaming Elizabeth Warren? Look, it's not my fault that the majority of mass shootings are not by white nationalists. But you guys go on ahead with the blind narratives.

And if course, the evidence is showing that the Dayton shooter may have been a left wing nutjob, but who's blaming Elizabeth Warren?

Is Elizabeth Warren ranting about shithole countries, "invaders" at the border, rat-infested inner cities, Mexican rapists and "good people on both sides"? Has she said that things could go "very, very bad" if her "tough" supporters (i.e. gun nuts) are provoked?

I know it's pointless to engage with you when you can be so daft as to type the above with a straight face. It's obvious you have no shame.

I'm not arguing, I'm presenting facts, which many on the left hate I know. It's destroys your narrative. TBH, it's the handful of people who spend their days and nights posting in these FYM forums who don't "argue in good faith". They have their narratives , dog whistles (white supremacy/privilege, everything is racist, misogynist, etc), and when presented with facts, they either insult you or call racist. It's actually getting to be a caricature, but whatever.

And if course, the evidence is showing that the Dayton shooter may have been a left wing nutjob, but who's blaming Elizabeth Warren? Look, it's not my fault that the majority of mass shootings are not by white nationalists. But you guys go on ahead with the blind narratives.

I’m presenting facts, what else do you guys want?

I gave you an erroneous meme.

I gave you out of context statistics about gang violence when you’re talking about mass shootings in public spaces.

I gave you talking points straight from the gop’s social media team. What else do you guys want?

You guys even ignore the fact that one of the shooters was a Warren fan motivated by climate change and leftists views, but you just want to focus on the “fact” that he’s a psychopath that murdered his own sister and not his ideology.

I’m just an honest broker who loves supply side gzuz, so what if I don’t know my Bible verses, that I rely on memes, or can’t engage?! It’s you who aren’t arguing in good faith.

IMG_8222.JPG

You are not arguing in good faith and I will not engage with you.

In addition to the base, Gun control/safety is something suburban voters, especially women, and especially women with children, want. They want lots of it. Banning assault weapons and universal background checks should be a major part of the D nominee’s platform in 2020.

The Russia ties to the NRA are not just discrediting, but help us rightly paint them as a terrorist organization. Let’s continue to call them that.

Russian ties to the NRA backfire when the former Trump voters keep hearing “witch hunt.” Really don’t have to try that hard to make the NRA look bad - don’t need to say the word Russia unless it’s pertaining to our dear leader’s unwillingness to admit the truth about 2016 because his ego is too big, making his ability to lead questionable.

Sad that this keeps happening and there's no amount of legislation that will be enacted to banning or cutting back the guns that are out on the streets right now. I have a couple of friends in law enforcement and it's tantamount to trying to put toothpaste back into the tube it came out of.

not exactly sure how it's "entirely absurd" or laughable for a nation to advise its own citizens to simply be cautious when traveling to a country in which there is a non-negligible risk of being caught up in random gun violence. countries issue these kind of travel warnings literally all the time. canada currently has a standing "high risk" advisory against travelling to jamaica and has been ever since a canadian tourist was killed there (off-resort trying to buy drugs in a super sketchy part of town) last year. https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories

note also that one of those countries advising their citizens not to go to the US is venezuela, who could possibly have some other underlying reasons behind issuing that warning.

Last edited:
That’s entirely absurd and a laughable reaction to sensational news.

I was partly kidding around, but I do think it's sad that people have to warn about that stuff, and it does speak on some level to just how badly we're being viewed by other parts of the world nowadays. And of course, it's yet another example (as if we really needed any more) of just how utterly bullshit the whole "MAGA!" attitude is.

Hello, NDT.

Oh absolutely not. There’s a huge difference between addressing an individual’s feeling versus a government’s reaction. He’s “educating people” by telling them how to feel or what to worry about. Governments have a responsibility not only to their own citizens but to other governments to take responsible actions not based upon fear but on fact.

those governments are absolutely taking responsible actions not based upon fear but upon fact.

it is an indisputable fact that i am at a dramatically higher risk of being caught up in gun violence literally damn near everywhere in the USA than i am anywhere in my own home country. it's almost certainly the same for citizens of uruguay and japan. it would be highly irresponsible of a nation not to warn its citizens of that fact that travelling to a given country puts them at a higher risk of violence.

people are being killed by gunfire in your country at a far higher rate than anywhere else in the world that isn't an active war zone, and that shows absolutely no sign whatsoever of abating any time in the forseeable future. this isn't just some frightened foreigners overreacting to one or two news stories. you may not like it but countries have a responsibility first and foremost to keep their own citizens safe.

those governments are absolutely taking responsible actions not based upon fear but upon fact.

it is an indisputable fact that i am at a dramatically higher risk of being caught up in gun violence literally damn near everywhere in the USA than i am anywhere in my own home country. it's almost certainly the same for citizens of uruguay and japan. it would be highly irresponsible of a nation not to warn its citizens of that fact that travelling to a given country puts them at a higher risk of violence.

people are being killed by gunfire in your country at a far higher rate than anywhere else in the world that isn't an active war zone, and that shows absolutely no sign whatsoever of abating any time in the forseeable future. this isn't just some frightened foreigners overreacting to one or two news stories. you may not like it but countries have a responsibility first and foremost to keep their own citizens safe.

Indisputable fact? Advisories are placed due to measurable risks. It’s not an indisputable fact that you’re measurably at risk. You’re not. This would be just as absurd if I said “Americans, don’t go to western or central Canada because Bonnie and Clyde killed an American at a gas station.” Not to mention these were reactions to *mass shootings,* not *gun violence.* These are advisories saying “don’t go to the US, you’ll get caught in a mass shooting.”

I think it’s quite insulting that you feel the need to explain to me that gun violence is a problem in the United States. This is like committing to driving your car because MH360 disappeared and you’re worried that you’re next. Guess what, civil aviation in the South Pacific is less safe. Guess what, you’re not at a measurable risk if you choose to get on an AirAsia flight.

Ok, you know I deplore guns as much as anybody, however, the vast majority of gun deaths in the US are suicides or incidents where the victim and perp know each other.

Mass shootings are a form of terrorism, and I don’t object at all to these travel warnings as they make a point, but to let fear of a mass shooting to deter you from doing anything is completely silly. I’d say the same think about drinking from the minibar in the DR. You are much more likely to be killed in a car crash in Canada than by a gun while visiting the US.

Back
Top Bottom