Ongoing Mass Shooting Thread #3... that's right, a third thread. Because 'Murica.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
  • Biehl said the officers engaged the shooter and within 20 seconds of hearing gunfire, police officers engaged with the suspect. Biehl said the threat was neutralized within 30 seconds of the suspect beginning to fire shots.

A good guy with a gun is useless in the face of automatic weapons. I don't know what's so hard to understand about this.

We know how things would end if immigrants had guns

Look how we treat black people who sell cigarettes illegally

Yet white guys kill dozens of people and they get taken alive. Even take them to drive thru cause you know shooting people builds an appetite

Wut?? Ummm, some immigrants have guns (I’m sure you’re referring to illegal immigrants but I know liberals aren’t supposed to admit there’s a difference).

Where is the update in this thread from the shootings in Chicago EVERY WEEKEND?? No one posts, because it’s not a “white nationalist “.

Both sides digging in are ridiculous, IMO. The people on here who say “take all their guns away” aren’t too bright and don’t know much history as far as what happens when the citizenry is disarmed.

Yes, obviously each person who commits a mass shooting, whether a white nationalist, a radical Islamist, a Bernie supporter, an illegal immigrant, or an African American from the inner city , are ALL deranged scumbags. THEY are to blame for their crimes. Liberals always want to blame someone else for someone’s problems, instead of having the shooter, or their family, parents whatever being challenged on what happened.

That being said, the right needs to be able to come to the table as well, talk common sense possibilities, covering ALL aspects of ALL these horrible tragedies, not just when a white nationalist goes off

Well I’m not sure his weapon was automatic (most if not all automatic weapon sales are banned although circumventing that is obviously a thing with weapon modification). I think what people fail to see sometimes is that it has little to do with weapon type sometimes. A person with a handgun can still shoot or kill 5, 6, 7, 8 people before they’re arrested or killed by the police. Easily. A high capacity weapon just makes that number jump (like in this case 30+ people shot in 30 seconds is a capacity thing). Less powerful weapons won’t stop a pistol from being a mass murder device. For that we have to take seriously the calls to regulate firearm possession (registration etc.) and adequate screening. Sorry but I’m tired of kiss ass background checks and no fly list sorry excuses. Mass murderers are going to pass background checks - they’re not criminals until they commit their crime. And they’re not on no fly lists - that’s a stupid and limited list that refers to only an incredibly small percentage of potential shooters. Start screening people properly. The second amendment gives you a right to bear arms... nobody said I was allowed to possess cruise missiles of flamethrowers or whatever. The government would give you permission to possess these devices. It’d be great if we could stick most guns into that category, requiring licensing for any semi-automatic weapon (or any weapon with a fire rate of over x).

Where is the update in this thread from the shootings in Chicago EVERY WEEKEND?? No one posts, because it’s not a “white nationalist “.

Good news, we want the guns taken away from those guys too. Do try to see that through your moral equivocating nonsense.

I can just imagine the responses on the right if these mass shooters were Muslims.

I just love the repeated ignoring of attempts to actually make a point by gzusprick. Much like the republicans in Congress, “mental health” is the deflection yet nothing has been proposed pertaining to mental health and gun ownership. Now gzus comes in here and instead of engaging the topic he merely tries to deflect.

Coward. Cowardddddd. Cowwwward. Useless, fruitless, hypocritical coward. Step up big man.

Why don’t we talk about the mental health issues in Chicago then? Why are they just thugs and criminals

But two white dudes open fire and it’s nothing we have to figure out why their brains aren’t right!! Must be the video games!! Fortnight!!!

Plenty of women walking around with mental health issues too and how many of them do you see committing mass shootings?

Wut?? Ummm, some immigrants have guns (I’m sure you’re referring to illegal immigrants but I know liberals aren’t supposed to admit there’s a difference).

Both sides digging in are ridiculous, IMO. The people on here who say “take all their guns away” aren’t too bright and don’t know much history as far as what happens when the citizenry is disarmed.

Yes, obviously each person who commits a mass shooting, whether a white nationalist, a radical Islamist, a Bernie supporter, an illegal immigrant, or an African American from the inner city , are ALL deranged scumbags. THEY are to blame for their crimes. Liberals always want to blame someone else for someone’s problems, instead of having the shooter, or their family, parents whatever being challenged on what happened.

That being said, the right needs to be able to come to the table as well, talk common sense possibilities, covering ALL aspects of ALL these horrible tragedies, not just when a white nationalist goes off

Do you want updates on the other 24 cities with higher murder rates per capita? Or has Hannity not told you how to answer that question?

Is Chicago like the domestic conservative version of 'Benghazi!1!1!' or something?

Plenty of women walking around with mental health issues too and how many of them do you see committing mass shootings?

There’s no reason to decouple or deflect their argument just because they’re using it dishonestly. There’s something to be said about the state of mind of these shooters. There’s something to be said about the state of the media and how sensationalism plays a role (naming the shooters, making mass shootings soap operas, etc.). There’s something to be said about the types of weapons these killers have access to.

It doesn’t happen in other countries because the societies are different on one or more of these counts. Caring for the mental health of these shooters won’t stop them from getting guns and potentially shooting people... but using mental health as a screening for acquiring guns sure as heck will (for some not all).

It doesn’t happen in other countries because the societies are different on one or more of these counts. Caring for the mental health of these shooters won’t stop them from getting guns and potentially shooting people... but using mental health as a screening for acquiring guns sure as heck will (for some not all).

Sure. Mental health needs to be part of the discussion involving gun violence, homelessness, unemployment history and so on. It's a facet.

But that is not what they are doing and we all know it.

Not only do they not do anything about mental health services and access to them, but they don't even recognize the very basic notion that mental health, just like physiological health, is transient and subject to change. Otherwise, everyone should go and get a gun at 18 when they are more likely to pass whatever mental health screen there is - and then who the hell cares if they develop schizophrenia or any other mental disorder at 25, 33, or 47.

But gzus will provide, so you know, who cares about logic.

you're welcome to post about chicago every single week if you want to. there's literally nothing stopping you from doing that, at all.

but you won't, because you don't really give a single genuine shit about the people dying in chicago, and we all know the reason why.

white murderer: "well, the brain is still developing at the age of 21"

black murderer: "who cares if he's 14, try him as an adult, it's time to set an example"

Doing nothing and expecting change or different results is the definition of insanity, or you know mental illness.

The GOP and NRA are this countries mental illness

Stop with all your logic everyone such an who chamber maybe you guys don’t see the importance of my perceptive inequality

Can we also say that there’s a difference between being murdered because, say, you are involved in some sort of criminal element or you know your attacker vs being mowed down anonymously while shopping at WalMart or some such public space?

Can we also say that there’s a difference between being murdered because, say, you are involved in some sort of criminal element or you know your attacker vs being mowed down anonymously while shopping at WalMart or some such public space?

I mean you can, but it won’t stop him from just saying “wHaT aBoUt ChiCAgO¿”

https://www.facebook.com/250401089161721/posts/404598407075321/

From your link:

Our Mission
LEXIT·Tuesday, 4 December 2018·
#LEXIT is a grassroots effort to help Latinos exit the liberal left and embrace conservatism and conservative values. #LEXIT is focused on building an outreach efforts in communities across America to share our story and provide focused messaging to the Latino community. We welcome all our non-Latino conservative allies to stand with us as we #LEXIT.

Nice, unbiased source.

Back
Top Bottom