Ongoing Mass Shooting Thread #3... that's right, a third thread. Because 'Murica.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The local news people were like “it’s too bad there’s no way of preventing these tragedies.” Bruh. There’s some ways. You just don’t want to offend the part of the state that’s still red.

There was some girl last month who supposedly flew here, and left the feds an internet trail of Columbine obsession for them to chase her down before she could shoot up a school or something. The news all reported she shot herself with the gun she bought when she landed here.

There’s some measures that could be taken to make it a little harder for this shit to happen.

There was some girl last month who supposedly flew here, and left the feds an internet trail of Columbine obsession for them to chase her down before she could shoot up a school or something. The news all reported she shot herself with the gun she bought when she landed here.

Yeah she had flown there from Florida (there's a daily double of gun culture for ya, she was just missing a stopover in Texas) and apparently was obsessed with Columbine... a real whack job, fortunately she stated her shooting spree with the right target.

Both are students at the school, so one is likely technically an adult at 18 years old.

Yeah, once I learned more about the makeup and setup of the school that explained that part of things a little better.

The local news people were like “it’s too bad there’s no way of preventing these tragedies.” Bruh. There’s some ways. You just don’t want to offend the part of the state that’s still red.

Right? 'Cause parroting that same ol' lazy rhetoric has clearly worked so far.

That was chilling. As if this weren't a painful enough time for these people.

"It is sobering that in 2017, there were 144 police officers who died in the line of duty and about 1,000 active duty military throughout the world who died, whereas 2,462 school-age children were killed by firearms," said Dr. Charles Hennekens, the study's senior author and an academic adviser at the medical college.

The injury toll is going to be difficult to figure out, with there being potential undocumented victims who will refuse to go to the hospital. I wouldn't be surprised if ICE is already there.

We live with a situation where while there is a genuine set of two sides, one side cannot stand how upset and angry the the other side is over genuine inaction. Rather than honestly participating in some sort of change and giving up some ground, there’s a bunch of these back pocket “good guy with a gun” arguments and general lack of desire to give ground (because as Donald has established, not doing so makes you strong).

I’m so sick of hearing the “mental health” argument yet I don’t hear anyone on the right championing a mental health bill or gun bill regarding anything of the sort. Because the NRA might give them a B or some shit.

I’m not posing solutions here. If one side wants to say mental health and the other wants to say take the guns away, well they both agree that we have a problem. One side is disinterested in doing more than *rebutting* the other side’s noise.

Sad spineless party.

EBEleoBXUAAwWf7

#MAGAshooter can join #MAGAbomber

If only there were any good guys with guns in Texas.

I wonder how quickly the GOP's position on guns would change if immigrants were armed.

I’m so sick of hearing the “mental health” argument yet I don’t hear anyone on the right championing a mental health bill or gun bill regarding anything of the sort. Because the NRA might give them a B or some shit.

Another issue with the "mental health" argument is that it implies that mentally ill people are more likely to be violent, when that's not the case. I don't think most of these mass shooters are mentally ill. I think they're just flat out cold-blooded assholes who know exactly what they're doing and just do not care.

Honestly, at this point I would be fine with a politician flat out saying, "Yeah, you know what, we should take away all the guns." 'Cause I'm really well past the point of giving a shit what the anti-gun control side wants anymore. They had numerous chances over the years to come to the table and help those of us who support gun control figure out some solutions, but instead they've dug in their heels and continued to insist that guns aren't the problem and continued on with their scary boogeyman nonsense, and have let numerous mass shootings continue to happen while doing nothing of note to step up and help solve the problem.

We've had three shootings within the span of one week. Children continue to keep dying in these shootings. Fuck the anti-gun control crowd.

I wonder how quickly the GOP's position on guns would change if immigrants were armed.

Another issue with the "mental health" argument is that it implies that mentally ill people are more likely to be violent, when that's not the case. I don't think most of these mass shooters are mentally ill. I think they're just flat out cold-blooded assholes who know exactly what they're doing and just do not care.

Honestly, at this point I would be fine with a politician flat out saying, "Yeah, you know what, we should take away all the guns." 'Cause I'm really well past the point of giving a shit what the anti-gun control side wants anymore. They had numerous chances over the years to come to the table and help those of us who support gun control figure out some solutions, but instead they've dug in their heels and continued to insist that guns aren't the problem and continued on with their scary boogeyman nonsense, and have let numerous mass shootings continue to happen while doing nothing of note to step up and help solve the problem.

We've had three shootings within the span of one week. Children continue to keep dying in these shootings. Fuck the anti-gun control crowd.

Well look, I am okay with approaching the “mental health” debate thing because most of these people clearly are deranged. Most of these people do or did need serious help. I just hate how it’s a broad brush “mental health” issue. Moreover, I hate how it’s just a verbal front. Republicans don’t actually want to act on their claims. They just use the claim of “mental health” to deflect “its the gun’s fault.” But you know, fine, I’m OK with that deflection... IF there’s action taken. 3 years ago when Pulse happened, it was mental health. X years ago when Sandy Hook happened, it was mental health. Where’s the legislation that requires gun owners to continually certify their firearm worthiness to help monitor this “mental health” issue? Democrats wouldn’t turn that down. So why aren’t republicans championing that as the answer?

Anyways. Yes I don’t care if someone comes out and says take their guns away on the left. Though I’m not sure it’s a feasible solution (people won’t actually give up their firearms in a buy-back situation anyways). We need a positive, proactive system. We are stuck with that second amendment and it’s not going away anytime soon. There ARE plenty of responsible gun owners, and I do understand the personal freedom associated with being able to do whatever you want to do so long as it isn’t harming someone else. Guns for sport, guns for self protection... I get their side of it.

I just don’t see anyone even trying to come up with a solution. That’s the problem. Banning assault style weapons will cut the death toll in half but it won’t stop the motive, and monitoring or assessing gun owners’ mental capacities to own a gun won’t stop someone from finding some way to commit murder. So while I entirely promote telling people to fuck off on every other political front (health scare) I realize, unlike healthcare where we aren’t stuck with the system that we have, we are kind of stuck with the gun thing. I just wish Democrats saw that and thought a little bit outside the box, similarly to how I wish the republicans had spines.

We know how things would end if immigrants had guns

Look how we treat black people who sell cigarettes illegally

Yet white guys kill dozens of people and they get taken alive. Even take them to drive thru cause you know shooting people builds an appetite

Despite the very valid points, I don’t see how it’s at all beneficial to couple racial inequality with mass shootings. Piling all the oppositions up in one argument just makes the other side more resistant. Also, I’m fairly certain if this shooter was black and surrendered the way this white kid did, he’d be taken into custody just the same. It’s not really doing Eric Garner any service, who was committing petty crimes and paid with his life for being only 95% cooperative with white man overreaction. These shooters are committing mass murder - how they get treated is irrelevant to the Garner story. How other white people committing petty crimes and being merely 95% cooperative with an overreacting police officer is what is important.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Maybe the most damaging words ever committed to paper.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom