Ongoing Mass Shooting Thread #3... that's right, a third thread. Because 'Murica.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just seriously am starting to get anxious with the proximity to either my location or my family's with regards to situations like this.

Like I said before, the gun issue in the US is the main reason (by a wide margin) for why we haven't moved there so I totally get that. My kids don't need to be target practice for some lunatic.

When are you due? You must be super close and excited! Please let us know how it goes, for those who don't have you on FB. :)[/QUOTE]Baby flipped over on her own, so now I'm in the waiting period. She's due on the 30th, and I will definitely post when she arrives :D!

I wouldn't say I have anxiety about these kind of things, but I definitely would say I have a very heightened sense of awareness that I would really prefer not to have.

I split my time at work between a large sports and entertainment complex and schools/rec centers. I shouldn't need to know where to hide and/or evacuate 100+ children in every location, but I do. We had a scare last year where a location we were holding camp went under lockdown because a man was spotted with a gun on campus. I stood by the locker room door with a large metal object (a track and field starters block to be exact) for 3 hours before being given the all clear.

This should not be how we live. It doesn't have to be.

Catastrophic and unimaginable.

Sandra Parks wrote an award-winning essay about the constant shootings in her hometown of Milwaukee and elsewhere, and the emotional toll they have on young people like her.

"Little children are victims of senseless gun violence," she wrote. " ... I sit back and I have to escape from what I see and hear every day. When I do; I come to the same conclusion ... we are in a state of chaos."

Two years after she won an award for her essay, bullets shattered Sandra's bedroom window as she watched television Monday night. The stray bullet fired from outside her home hit the 13-year-old, killing her, CNN affiliate WISN reported.

"She took it like a soldier," her sister, Tatiana Ingram, told the affiliate. "She just walked in the room and said, 'Mama, I'm shot' ... The bullet wasn't even for her."

:sad::sad::sad:

This should definitely be one of those "never forget" tragedies. I still clearly remember everything about when the news broke that day.

It's tough sometimes to see happy Christmas ads and hear happy holiday songs. Just keep thinking about those families, and how difficult this time of year is for them.

:angry: :sad:

Just pile on the trauma ass-hats. Poor folks!

And sorry you have that potential trauma sitting on a mid-burner, headache. No it definitely doesn't have to be this way.
I believe it was some where in the 70's that the NRA started to go off the rails.

Last edited:
Sounds like the suspect was apprehended after law enforcement put their lives on the line.

Sad to say that some were shot and might have been killed in the process.

Sad that I’m angry in general that I feel as though in my homes where mass shootings have happened, it felt like law enforcement abandoned my people.

Sad... sad because that’s not fair. It might be their job. It might be their job to die, like a war zone. But it shouldn’t have to be. Going on a violent killing spree shouldn’t be so easy.

Sounds like the suspect was apprehended after law enforcement put their lives on the line.

Sad to say that some were shot and might have been killed in the process.

Sad that I’m angry in general that I feel as though in my homes where mass shootings have happened, it felt like law enforcement abandoned my people.

Sad... sad because that’s not fair. It might be their job. It might be their job to die, like a war zone. But it shouldn’t have to be. Going on a violent killing spree shouldn’t be so easy.

:hug:

I don’t want jump to conclusions as to why the others were arrested, I’ve only heard about this one evil POS. Not even clear that he was arrested but I think that’s assumed. Have you heard why with the three others?

I had the unfortunate experience of having accidentally stumbled upon what I did not realize was the shooter’s video of the shooting. It’s horrifying. Someone tackled him but unfortunately did not make it.

How people can have so much hate in them is beyond me. Disgusting and so disheartening and sad.

Things in which I am absolutely not interested: Christchurch being subsumed in some American narrative.

Start a different thread. I'm absolutely broken.

Kia kaha.

What awful news to wake up to. The shooter was Australian? Haven’t yet had much time to read the details but terrible all around.

I hope people are reporting the video links so they can all be removed.

It's not just people, I just came across it on a legitimate news site (foreign), the article was discussing the song playing on the radio in the LiveStream and there was the video right there.

White supremacy has no borders, especially not now in the age of the Internet. This is an infuriating act, not only because of all of the ridiculous gymnastics right wingers are going through in response, but also because of how obvious it is that the proliferation of these viewpoints on social media would result in this. This is not going to stop anywhere until deplatforming becomes the norm, and as long as there is money in catering to these lunatics, that is not going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom