OJ's Guilty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't even know that, saw it on the news this morning. I didn't follow any of the trial so I have no idea if the evidence was there. I'm sure his lawyer will say that it was payback of some sort. They'll be an appeal and he'll probably win it.

The look on his face when he heard the 1st GUILTY! was priceless.

There was pretty strong video and audio evidence. Of course in the 1st trial there was irrefutable DNA evidence yet, The Juice's lawyers somehow managed to put the 12 most ignorant people in Los Angeles on the jury to overlook that.

The one area they could hit is the opening statement where his double murder trial was brought up. It was ruled later that they could not discuss it in this trial.

Kind of ironic that the items he was after, he had been hiding so he would not have to give them up to the Goldman family. So his greed and deceptive action to avoid paying the Goldman's are what ends up putting him in prison. I'm sure the Goldman's would have gladly given up all the money awarded them to see OJ go down. Now they get the cash and see OJ suffer. Still. it will never bring their son back but there has to be some sense of vindication.

I can't celebrate someone going to prison for possibly the rest of their lives - no matter how guilty he is, no matter how much he might deserve it. It's just not something I want to celebrate. To do so would imply some kind of bloodthirst that human beings are just better off without, imo.

I don't celebrate someone going to jail - the sentence hasn't been announced yet, has it?

I'm celebrating that he was brought to justice for at least one of his crimes. (Yes, I'm of the opinion that he either killed those two, or had a very large hand in it.)

The kind that tries to publish a book about how he would have killed his former wife and her friend "IF" he had done it.

I'm not one to support censorship but that book should be considered his second crime and this episode in Vegas his third.

I would think that perhaps the jurors in Las Vegas would have dotted every i and crossed every t to to make sure their verdict could not be just called a pay back. I am guessing that they were more competent than his murder trial jury was. The judge certainly was.

He got away with double murder- he was already arrogant (look at the way he taunted Kim Goldman in the murder trial) and that made him even more so. He probably doesn't respect the law too much. I don't see him losing an appeal-that's the way life goes for him. Maybe one day he'll pay.

I don't know that they could have ever come up with a truly impartial jury.

On the other hand, you'd think someone who got away with such a giant crime would keep their nose clean and not do something so insanely stupid that makes the rest of the country rub their hands together with glee and yell "GOTCHA!"

Maybe he's really and truly sociopath, but I thought sociopaths were supposed to be smart, not busting into people's hotel rooms with guns and saying "Gimme that, I've got a gun!"

Just so everyone knows, I drive past his home in Miami every week to go to one of my jobs. I'm tempted to put a knife in the mailbox, but I know he's not going to be there anymore. :(

Back
Top Bottom