Obamacare repeal. AKA: 7 years and THIS is what you come up with?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Trump's whole "everyone must be covered" thing is feeling pretty funny right now.

He'll deny he ever said that

And his supporters will claim that "everyone" doesn't literally mean everyone.

See under Trump words no longer having specific meanings. Like facts

Their new take is that what "candidate Trump" said can't be treated the same was as what "President Trump" says.

Except microwaveable hot pocket cameras.

Trump's whole "everyone must be covered" thing is feeling pretty funny right now.

it's all about access, you see? access is what's important.

if people choose to be poor enough that they can't afford to buy the health insurance that they have access to just because they don't have enough money then there's really nothing we can do about that other than cut taxes on the wealthy and continue environmental deregulation so the coal mining jobs will come back and people can make more money that they will then spend on their new access to health care. that's called choice.

thank goodness i have access to buying a BMW and/or staying at the 4 Seasons. perhaps neither are financially possible, but the point is that i have access to the option of spending lots of money should i so choose and one day have it as well.

i love America.

*whispering*

Look, kids! Stay very still so you don't scare it. A very, very rare moment of truth has slipped out into the open!

Not that anyone had any doubt, but that's as much admission as any that Trump is unconcerned with the working and even middle classes. And undoubtedly he never gave a shit about them.

Well, the GOP wants to take the health care out of health insurance. It's disgusting. They want to eliminate the requirement that insurance cover essential health benefits. What are these essential health benefits, you ask? Nothing major...

[TWEET]844703890293579776[/TWEET]

Well, the GOP wants to take the health care out of health insurance. It's disgusting. They want to eliminate the requirement that insurance cover essential health benefits. What are these essential health benefits, you ask? Nothing major...

[TWEET]844703890293579776[/TWEET]

:shocked:

No vote today.

Just goes to show that even holding a majority congress still struggles haha

The Dems had same issues 7 years ago with ACA. Couldn't agree on public option

GOP afraid of losing seats

They tried to gut not horrible parts of it to appease the right wing, but even that wasn't enough and they lost the moderates.

Meanwhile....

1bfsg9.jpg

Can you believe they couldn't get this abortion of a bill passed on the anniversary of the ACA passing?

[tweet]845301284882317316[/tweet]

Shouldn't this be the attitude of every Dem? Why aren't they vilifying the GOP for this at every turn?

You know, I feel the same way sometimes. I do think they should be out there talking about these facts:

Millions will lose insurance
Millions will lose coverage for Pre Existing
Women lose basic coverage
Pregnant Women lose coverage
The wealthy get the biggest advantage

The problem I see it, is the GOP have changed the game so much that anytime a Liberal complains about something, they're seen as WEAK-SNOWFLAKE-PUSSIES.

I feel like you could go talk to a Trump supporter who'll lose their healthcare. Tell them the facts, and they start to come around.....but as soon as you say you're a liberal....FUCK YOU I WANT MY TRUMPCARE MOTHERFUCKER!!! AMERICA!!!!

Personally, let this bill pass. The only way people are going to come around is to suffer. It goes against everything in my core, but reason, logic, and compassion has done nothing.

Time for the GOP to pass shit, and then own it.

Exactly, BEAL. I absolutely agree that the Democrats should come out swinging and make a big fuss over the BS that is this healthcare bill.

But we're living in an era now where people believe Pizzagate is an actual thing that happened, and where there are still people who believe Obama wasn't born here. There are people who will believe Trump's bald-faced lies and shrug off any attempts by people to argue otherwise.

So I don't know how exactly Democrats/liberals can manage to fight that and get people to separate actual facts from whatever fiction the Trump administration's pumping out this week.

I don't think we can, which is why the GOP base needs to take their medicine. It's their own fault for not knowing that the ACA and Obamacare are the same thing. It's their fault for believing a Con Man, and a party that claims they'll give back.

When every shred of evidence shows all they do is give to the wealthy. Not to say Dems don't throw in for their wealthy pals too, but at least their work appears to try and help others.

Personally, let this bill pass. The only way people are going to come around is to suffer. It goes against everything in my core, but reason, logic, and compassion has done nothing.

You're talking about putting innocent people's lives on the line for the sake of making a point to the Republicans. There has to be another way.

Cutting these services isn't just about having a slightly imprecise glasses prescription, it will be about higher risks from death in pregnancy and all manner of other preventable tragedies.

This bill isn't going to pass. Currently, President Tiny Hands is trying to throw Paul Ryan in front of the bus by pressuring a vote today. He will then blame the Speaker for not pulling in the votes, deflecting his part of the negotiations. So if it passes, Trump Wins, if it doesn't, Ryan Fails.

I cannot wait. :corn:

You're talking about putting innocent people's lives on the line for the sake of making a point to the Republicans. There has to be another way.

Cutting these services isn't just about having a slightly imprecise glasses prescription, it will be about higher risks from death in pregnancy and all manner of other preventable tragedies.

Yes, I am and I know it's morally wrong.

Here's the problem. Trump will spin this as he just saved 24 million people from losing their insurances. He saved lives.

And his supporters will lap it up.

Granted, those who could have lost their lives may be potentially saved and that's very important.

But we seem to be in this endless cycle of bullshit. There is no accountability at all.

The facts are the GOP put together a horrendous bill. Trump was supposed to be this great deal maker (I'll make the best deals) and he couldn't seal this one. He failed.

It won't be seen as such. It'll be seen as the GOP folk who voted no as traitors to their party, how they undermined the great businessman Trump.

I am glad he lost. I am happy that people can keep their insurance. It would be even better if our officials could make the ACA even more accessible to more people.

Instead, we're going to hear about RINO's, traitors, and how we need even more conservative officials.

It's why I have gotten to the point where the GOP are in power, so let them legislate for once and see what happens.

That is NOT how he will spin it. He's going to put the blame fully on Speaker Ryan and the congressional GOP on not repealing Obamacare. He's already been talking about how it's Ryan's fault if this doesn't pass.

The larger the rift between Baby Hands and the GOP the more likely the GOP will go after the Russian collaboration.

Exactly. Watching Paul Ryan get humiliated by President Tiny Hands is going to be great. It's like when the Patriots play the Cowboys. I hate them both, but I still enjoy a good humiliation.

That said, Irvine is right, if there's a rift between the congressional GOP and the White House, this is BAD for the White House. More and more Republicans are going to start joining the Dems in pushing for investigation.

Really? They've been scared of him since the Primaries.

He whooped all of them, and insulted their wives.

You think they're going to stand up to him now?

[tweet]845301284882317316[/tweet]

Shouldn't this be the attitude of every Dem? Why aren't they vilifying the GOP for this at every turn?

The Dems got to watch the GOP rip themselves apart today. And they didn't have to get their hands dirty. No soundbites to replay about them or anything. All of this is a win. The ship's impoding on its own. I'll take it. Though in general I do agree with you.

And with one piece of pushback, Tiny Hands has completely given up on yet another campaign promise.

Back
Top Bottom