Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 04:28 AM
Loving these #FakeStats about Healthcare Costs rising slowly

Oregoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:24 PM   #642
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:28 AM
I can't believe he's giving his farewell speech. I will miss him as our president.

prbiker15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:26 PM   #643
Blue Crack Addict

You all can fix it then, I'm sure the repeal and replace in one day will just be magical. I imagine it will be something like Trump putting the ACA on the ground then lifting one leg and marking it.

You can now stop your obsession with Obama and move on with your guy fixing it all. I'm sure it'll all be great and work out. How could it not with a 39% approval rating?
anitram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:29 PM   #644
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:58 PM
The fact that Trump is about to take his seat is still not going to make me particularly sympathetic to Obama, sorry.
Vlad n U 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:31 PM   #645
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
The fact that Trump is about to take his seat is still not going to make me particularly sympathetic to Obama, sorry.
I don't think anybody was asking you to?

I'm pretty sure everybody here who is supportive of Obama was enthusiastically supportive long before Trump stank up the room.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:35 PM   #646
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
You can now stop your obsession with Obama and move on with your guy fixing it all.
Ha, seriously. I remember conservatives telling me and other liberals here over the years that we couldn't keep blaming Bush for all the stuff that Obama struggled with during his presidency.

I trust that means the conservatives take their own advice from here on out, then, and we'll never, ever hear them blame Obama or Hillary for anything that happens during Trump's presidency as a result. Right?
Moonlit_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:36 PM   #647
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
You all can fix it then, I'm sure the repeal and replace in one day will just be magical. I imagine it will be something like Trump putting the ACA on the ground then lifting one leg and marking it.

You can now stop your obsession with Obama and move on with your guy fixing it all. I'm sure it'll all be great and work out. How could it not with a 39% approval rating?

Ten years ago this would have been fun; watch them scramble, eat their words, twist and turn.

But we're in a post-fact world. Trump could piss on their heads, tell them it's raining, and they'll gleefully report the inches of rainfall.

After 8 years they still have no plan. They just want the word 'Obama' removed from it.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:47 PM   #648
Blue Crack Supplier

It's difficult to watch a president who has so directly impacted and improve my life leave the stage, especially with a monster waiting in the wings.

I am so grateful we had this elegant, intelligent man for as long as we could.
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:51 PM   #649
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Seeing him get so emotional when talking about his wife and daughters was beautiful. Aw.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:28 PM   #650
Blue Crack Supplier

THIS:

"But we’re not where we need to be. All of us have more work to do. After all, if every economic issue is framed as a struggle between a hard-working white middle class and undeserving minorities, then workers of all shades will be left fighting for scraps while the wealthy withdraw further into their private enclaves."
Old 01-10-2017, 10:35 PM   #651
Blue Crack Addict

Yep.

And calling working class/poor people of all stripes "lazy moochers" for daring to ask for things like a decent living wage or affordable healthcare adds to that as well. The GOP stands there and claims they're for the working class, and yet they're the same ones using that terminology to describe people who are on welfare.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:55 PM   #652
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
THIS:

"But we’re not where we need to be. All of us have more work to do. After all, if every economic issue is framed as a struggle between a hard-working white middle class and undeserving minorities, then workers of all shades will be left fighting for scraps while the wealthy withdraw further into their private enclaves."
You'd be forgiven for thinking Obama was actually on the left judging by this quote.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:04 PM   #653
ONE
love, blood, life

"So regardless of the station that we occupy, we all have to try harder. We all have to start with the premise that each of our fellow citizens loves this country just as much as we do, that they value hard work and family just like we do. That their children are just as curious and hopeful and worthy of love as our own."

Words to live by for the next four years. I know I've struggled with anger at much of the US over this recently, and it's not based on nothing. But some amount of grace and attempt at understanding is important if we are to avoid this country turning into something even more polarized and reactionary than it is.
digitize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 11:06 PM   #654
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
You'd be forgiven for thinking Obama was actually on the left judging by this quote.

Honestly, Vlad. Can you give us something other than snark? Can you understand that definitions of left and right aren't fixed and universal but culturally relative, and that what works in one place might not work in the next?
Old 01-10-2017, 11:40 PM   #655
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Honestly, Vlad. Can you give us something other than snark? Can you understand that definitions of left and right aren't fixed and universal but culturally relative, and that what works in one place might not work in the next?
I'm sorry, but I read that quote and wish that more could have actually been done. It's just frustration from my end.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:44 PM   #656
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I read that quote and wish that more could have actually been done. It's just frustration from my end.

Sorry, I guess I get frustrated because I really am interested in what you have to say and I feel like you never fully put it out there.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:48 PM   #657
Blue Crack Distributor

That this man and his family are being replaced by this national disgrace sickens me to my core.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:56 AM   #658
Blue Crack Addict

Like I said, there isn't the valium in the world to make the incoming tackiness ok in any respect.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:30 PM   #659
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:28 AM
If you haven't watched Obama's tribute to Biden, watch it. Very touching.
prbiker15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 03:11 AM   #660
Blue Crack Addict

I saw clips of it online, haven't yet seen the full thing. What I saw was truly lovely, though. Very, very cool.

On a similarly sweet note, I'm just going to leave this here:

Sasha and Malia Obama Letter from Barbara and Jenna Bush