No long answers on exams anymore?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have year round elementary schools here, but they get the same amount of time off, just not all at once.

Might i add also Alberta is one of the most richest provinces right now... I don't understand why we are doing this. But i did a unit exam and I'm pretty sure i fucked up the long answer so wahoo no long answer. I love writing long answer for English or Social i just did a few today. But i hate Sci long answer they make no sense. And i understand college is a lot of writing I've taken my Psychology already it was hard but i got honors in it.

We have year round elementary schools here, but they get the same amount of time off, just not all at once.

Oh, I don't mind it for other people, just as long as I didn't have to do it. ;)

IThe union immediately went on strike, for a period of 3 weeks, the government backed down, they got substantial raises and as a part of collective bargaining, were also assured that they would not have to do a 4/1, but stuck with the 3/2.

The teachers have the Ontario Teachers Pension Plan to thank for that.

Oh, I don't mind it for other people, just as long as I didn't have to do it. ;)

Heh.

Summer vacation. :drool:

I know the arguments for year round school, but honestly, I think it's good for kids to have a break away from structured academics. Either a chance for them to mess around and just do silly kid things (which can also be learned from) or a chance to pursue other interests. Things that scattered breaks throughout the year may not accommodate.

As for Kayla's comment about long answer science questions, I think sometimes it's hard to forumlate good questions, that aren't too challenging. And by that I mean, asking too much beyond the level of understanding they have thus developed.
I guess it depends. But I think short paragraph answers and such, questions that require problem solving or explanations are good. After all, I thought they always said that if you can explain something, to someone else, that means you really understand it.

Quite disgraceful. Probably introduce this in my course's exams soon, so they can further pander to the international dollar. Most of the Chinese students in my course are shite at writing and English in general. Don't wanna upset them and their parents money, so let's put them on an even playing field with the few Aussie students who are left.

Once I had this Chinese tutor, (with a Greek name), mark my economics exam once and I got a shite mark even though I knew I did quite awesome, probably because my writing style is to sophisticated for his struggle with English and his simplistic reliance upon bullshit formula (which is irrelevant when it comes to discussing unemployment anyway - Ohm's Law or whatever it was called doesn't cut it and is bollocks in my reckoning).

Long answers for eternity....:up:

You aren't the first to complain of pandering to international students. I've had a few profs say a few words about them.
And, from some experiences I've had, they seemed to be quite right.

Especially the two kids sitting beside me during a test, that started talking to each other in Korean, when I glared at them, one turns to me and says "we aren't cheating :angel: " yeah, bullshit. You're not supposed to talk during a test, talking in a different language doesn't change that, and I know you weren't asking to borrow his pencil or something. I was not amused.

Back
Top Bottom