New York's Finest - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2012, 12:31 AM   #41
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I can't really blame him... He is a photographer after all. Its his job to take pictures.
It may be his job, sure, but at that moment, trying to help a man in danger would be more important, I'd think. Even if he couldn't actively get to him, at least try and alert someone else closer by or something.

That said, however...

Quote:
My favorite part of the whole thing is when CNN and NBC blast the Post for publishing the photo, and then show you the photo.

As far as helping the man? Apparently the pusher was still in the area. So you'd have to take care of him first, because who's to say he won't push you, too.
...these are both good points, too.

Moonlit_Angel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:53 PM   #42
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:44 AM
I just think he was too far away to help... but didn't want to look like a huge douche for simply snapping pictures, so he came up with some bogus story about trying to use the flash to get the engineer's attention and came off sounding like an even bigger douche than if he had just told the truth.

Helping someone who falls on the tracks is a tough call... It obviously depends on the circumstances. If the train is coming quickly, helping the person will likely put your own life at risk. Add in a deranged man still in the area and you've got a situation where, frankly, most of us wouldn't help, even if we wanted to.

sad terrible story...

Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:40 PM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:44 AM
Thumbs Up

Quote:
Correct sir. 9,000 patients lived there at its peak. Place was like straight outta Cuckoo's Nest.

Now? Abandoned.

In elementary school, every now and then we had to go into lockdown because somebody escaped. When it was shut down they simply let many of the patients go, or placed them in low security halfway houses where they could come and go as they please. Obviously many of them go and never come back.

So needless to say, today when I see a grown man in a teal dress and statue of liberty hat ride a bike down Lexington Avenue, it reminds me of my youth.
Nice pic of the place. Back in the mid-2000's, we drove onto the property and checked out some of the abandoned buildings. We went there during the day. Pretty creepy. I didn't have the balls to go to the place at night.

On a side note- The cop who gave the homeless dude the socks and the shoes is from my current hometown of Holbrook, NY. Representin'!

MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote