Natalee Holloway suspect arrested again for suspected murder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw this and immediately thought two things:

This guy is either just in the wrong place at the wrong time and people are really out to get him.

Or, he's just really stupid with maybe a mix of rage issues...

It should be interesting.

Hopefully we can find closure to both. I've always felt for Natalee's family not having any kind of closure.

There goes Nancy Grace, frothing at the mouth.

Because now she has fodder for another 800 shows.

I don't know, if I were a notorious prime suspect in the case of a missing girl, I'd go out of my way to make sure to steer clear of women ending up dead in my hotel room.

But maybe that's just me.

I wouldn't be surprised. He bullshitted about Natalee and then later was filmed talking about how he dragged her body out to sea.

For some reaason, I am hoping he is found guilty for this case so there could be justice.

No doubt this kid killed Natalee Holloway.

This case here has overwhelming evidence against him, so we know he has the mindset necessary to kill someone.

He was the last person seen with Natalee.

Maybe he did not get as far as planned with Natalee, odds are she passed out, having drank way more than she could handle(and maybe from something he slipped in a drink) and then he sexually assaulted her. Probably thought she was dead and dumped her at sea, if she wasn't dead, he either drowned her or the sharks ensured she was dead shortly thereafter.

Either way, no doubt this kid is responsible.

At a minimum, for negligence leading to a death and improper disposal of a body.

Natalee Holloway is one of those cases that reminds us that there are sick people in the world ready to take advantage of people when they are not in the best state of mind.

Same here.
And it appears that the Netherlands does not have any exchange agreement with Peru so if he's found guilty he won't be able to sit out his time in a Dutch prison. I've heard that Peruvian cells are not the nicest in the world. So I don't mind if he will be there for the next 25 years (or longer).

Or, he's just really stupid .

Alabama authorities: Van der Sloot tried to sell Holloway details
By the CNN Wire Staff
June 3, 2010 8:27 p.m. EDT
STORY HIGHLIGHTS

* Joran van der Sloot faces an arrest warrant on charges of extortion, wire fraud
* Van der Sloot was once main suspect in Natalie Holloway's disappearance in Aruba in 2005
* Complaint alleges he sought $250,000 for location of remains, details of death

(CNN) -- Joran van der Sloot faces an arrest warrant on charges of extortion and wire fraud in Alabama, U.S. Attorney Joyce Vance said Thursday.

The charges are unrelated to van der Sloot's status as a suspect in the killing of a Peruvian woman.

The complaint alleges that van der Sloot tried to extort $250,000 from an individual in exchange for the location of the remains of Alabama teen Natalee Holloway and the circumstances surrounding her death, Vance said.

Van der Sloot was once the main suspect in Holloway's disappearance in Aruba in 2005.

The announcement of the arrest warrant came on the same day that the Dutch citizen was apprehended in Chile in the killing of 21-year-old Stephany Flores Ramirez in Peru.

Vance called the timing "strangely a coincidence."

The Alabama investigation had been going on for about six weeks, she said.

The arrest warrant will go through the Interpol system in an effort to lead to van der Sloot's prosecution in the United States, Vance said.
stupid seems to be the right word.

Ooh, an extortion plot to further tease the poor woman's family. Classy.

Yeah, that definitely puts him in the "moron" category, and definitely adds to his suspicions. Such a shame that yet another family has to be tied to this whole mess-I hope both of those girls' families find the peace they deserve, and I hope they find out once and for all who really did this, and throw the book at them.

Angela

There's surveillance video from the hotel-he's picking up his room key and a girl who sure appears to be Stephany Flores is walking behind him and into the elevator. Four hours later the video shows him walking out by himself in a new shirt and carrying a duffel bag.

There's no doubt in my mind that he killed Natalee and this girl. He was a spoiled punk when he did it the first time (and probably a psychopath too, who knows) and he was only made sicker and bolder by getting away with it. He's not "stupid". I sure hope he doesn't get away with it this time and that that smirk is wiped off of his face for good.

that story seems to have some weird things going on. Why if the receptionist called his room at 11pm, and believed after no answer he was sleeping, then notice at 12am hehadn't paid a bill and went up to his room to talk to him about it. Then when no one answered the door, she decided to go again and use a key? I'd be mighty pissed if i was at a hotel and some employee let them into my room at 1am to check on a bill! Then she notices the body freaks out and suddenly has time to turn the tv off and the lights?
hmmmm. Not saying he didn't do it, but what a strange timeline!

There are now suspicions that van der Sloot -- the son of a former judge and attorney on Aruba -- may have staged his attempted getaway using money raised through extortion. On the day that he was arrested in Chile, he was charged in the U.S. with trying to procure $250,000 from Holloway's family in return for revealing the location of her body and describing how she died. American prosecutors say $15,000 was transferred into a Dutch bank account in his name on May 10, four days before he arrived in Peru.

Van der Sloot Confession: Police Say Dutchman Admits Killing Stephany Flores in Peru - AOL News

Unbelievable. This punk must be a true psychopath. I hope he gets what he deserves in Peru and both families - the Holloways' and the Flores' - will find closure.

Gee what a surprise. If the video didn't exist I bet there'd be no confession-at least until DNA results. Is he going to confess to killing Natalee now and at least allow her parents some small ounce of ____ ? I don't even know what word could sufficiently describe it, there's really nothing

She intruded into his private life

NBC reports a chilling account of the van der Sloot confession from a local paper:

According to La Republica newspaper, van der Sloot said he broke Stephany Flores' neck after she grabbed his laptop without his permission and found out that he was involved in the disappearance of an American woman.

The paper quoted van der Sloot as saying, "I did not want to do it. The girl intruded into my private life... she didn't have any right.

"I went to her and I hit her. She was scared, we argued and she tried to escape. I grabbed her by the neck and hit her."

Is he going to confess to killing Natalee now and at least allow her parents some small ounce of ____ ?

Should be interesting. I don't know enough about the law there, but in the states wouldn't they try for the death penalty and possibly make an offer to take it off the table in return for a confession to Natalee?

Peru doesn't have the death penalty (thankfully), but some are suggesting that he's confessing to get a lower sentence. They bet he's aiming for manslaughter instead of murder. From what I read, murder is 20 to 35 years there, manslaughter is 6 to 20. And with a confession it's probably more on the lower side.

That said, I am a bit disappointed in how Peru is treating this whole case through the media. With all the video leaks, confession leaks and the presentation of the suspect to the press. Don't get me wrong, I think he isn't innocent. But that should not mean that discretion and a fair trail have to be abandoned.

He's a very strange, sick person. The guy has been pretty smug all along about Natalee Holloway. I can't imagine the indignation and impotence from her parents.

I'm shocked at this kid. Something is seriously wrong with him.

I'm not a psychologist (nor do I play one on TV), but my guess? That something wrong is "sociopath."

That'd be my guess, too (by the way, even if one wasn't aware of what that word means, the word "sociopath" just looks creepy).

So he's confessed, then...very interesting. I fully agree, a proper trial should ensue so we're absolutely sure this is the right guy (though I've no doubt it likely is, just too many events tying him to all this mess to think otherwise), because there are sick people out there who make claims simply for attention (remember the random guy with JonBenet a few years ago?). But if it's proven he did this, I'm glad they finally caught the culprit and I hope he gets the punishment he seriously deserves. Such chilling stuff regarding why Stephany got killed...*Shudders*. Those poor, poor girls' families.

Angela

Holland and Peru have no extradition treaty, so Joran will rot away in a Peruvian cell!
Finally he'll get what he deserves.

He is a psychopath. Apart from killing Natalee and Stephany, he tried to lure Thai girls into prostitution, until crime journalist Peter R. de Vries discovered him in Thailand.

Holloway suspect detained in Peru killing - Americas- msnbc.com

This was a case that always disturbed me because of how this poor girl simply vanished and was never found. I've always felt so sad for the family that had to go through not knowing what happened to their daughter.

Well, apparently, the main suspect is in a similar scenario again.

Thoughts?

Same here......I am a parent and I can imagine this is the most horrible nightmare, you never wake up from. I pray, they find Natalee. Her family needs to bring her home. So she, can finally be laid to rest.

Same here......I am a parent and I can imagine this is the most horrible nightmare, you never wake up from. I pray, they find Natalee. Her family needs to bring her home. So she, can finally be laid to rest.

I think the Peruvians will beat it out of him as well! Van der Sloot claimed that he killed Stephany because she saw 'something about Natalee' on his Facebook page, but he must've removed it...

Joran van der Sloot | Facebook

Back
Top Bottom