Mass Shooting at South Carolina AME Church - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-18-2015, 11:30 AM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
trevgreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 3,637
Local Time: 04:29 PM
He was just caught in North Carolina.
__________________

trevgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 12:00 PM   #22
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsaget77 View Post
There's a point where a message has to be sent to these psychos. They become exactly what they want when they have these mass shootings. Their name becomes famous, they sit in an isolated area and then either rot in prison or die. That's simply not enough. Now, do we need to chop off all of his fingers and gouge out his eyes? No, probably not. But they allow these scumbags a quick and pain less death.
Will it stop people from doing these shootings and heinous crimes? No. But if these shootings were properly handled instead of a massive media coverage about their names and lives and if these murderers actually had to suffer for their actions, a lot of these nuts probably wouldn't be as common. This isn't a gun issue like many of the liberal nutjobs like to make it, because every time a gun is involved, all deaths need to be disregarded so we can focus on guns again. Because if someone is driven to commit mass murder, there is absolutely no way they can find access to a weapon if guns are illegal. (Sarcasm) It's a morality issue and won't be fixed, but treating these situations better instead of always blaming guns would be a step forward. But of course, no one can gain political leverage from that, so it won't happen.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Psychos and nuts as you call them do not respond or act upon consequences so everything you're talking about is moot. Most mass shootings are carried out by those with mental issues, so torturing will do nothing but satisfy your bloodlust.

Guns may not be the issue, but the ease to which one can get a gun is part of the problem.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
__________________

BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 12:53 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,266
Local Time: 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsaget77 View Post
There's a point where a message has to be sent to these psychos. They become exactly what they want when they have these mass shootings. Their name becomes famous, they sit in an isolated area and then either rot in prison or die. That's simply not enough. Now, do we need to chop off all of his fingers and gouge out his eyes? No, probably not. But they allow these scumbags a quick and pain less death.
Will it stop people from doing these shootings and heinous crimes? No. But if these shootings were properly handled instead of a massive media coverage about their names and lives and if these murderers actually had to suffer for their actions, a lot of these nuts probably wouldn't be as common. This isn't a gun issue like many of the liberal nutjobs like to make it, because every time a gun is involved, all deaths need to be disregarded so we can focus on guns again. Because if someone is driven to commit mass murder, there is absolutely no way they can find access to a weapon if guns are illegal. (Sarcasm) It's a morality issue and won't be fixed, but treating these situations better instead of always blaming guns would be a step forward. But of course, no one can gain political leverage from that, so it won't happen.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Exactly, his face is already plastered all over the media.

This will drive the news for days. Forget that 60 plus people who have been murdered in Baltimore since May. I can't remember the number for Chicago or L.A.

A news leak about pills found on him is not confirmed yet, but I'm guessing he's another Adam Lanza. Red flags all around him, but no one took them seriously.


President (not gonna bring us together) Obama wasted no time in pulling out his race card and pressing his anti-gun agenda.
the iron horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 12:55 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Philadelphia
Posts: 19,218
Local Time: 06:29 PM
Another Adam Lanza, as in a piece of shit white person who had way too easy access to guns thanks to his parents? Then yes.
PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 12:58 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 5,956
Local Time: 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Psychos and nuts as you call them do not respond or act upon consequences so everything you're talking about is moot. Most mass shootings are carried out by those with mental issues, so torturing will do nothing but satisfy your bloodlust.

Guns may not be the issue, but the ease to which one can get a gun is part of the problem.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Exactly. We expect someone who is mentally ill to actually care about consequences? These people don't have the same values/morals as the rest of us. They don't feel sympathy, or remorse.

They do not care about their fate. They want to inflict their damage, and usually they are ready to die after their task is done.

Threatening force after their capture (if they're captured) doesn't mean shit to them. In fact, they may ask/want it to happen to make even more of a twist point in their view.

Wanting to torture a human being shows a lack of mental stability on your part (not you BVS). People reacting (or overreacting) is not something a society can be built upon, or progress to.

There are two issues:

1. Guns
2. Little to no regulations on who can or does access a gun
BEAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 01:03 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 5,956
Local Time: 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
Exactly, his face is already plastered all over the media.

This will drive the news for days. Forget that 60 plus people who have been murdered in Baltimore since May. I can't remember the number for Chicago or L.A.

A news leak about pills found on him is not confirmed yet, but I'm guessing he's another Adam Lanza. Red flags all around him, but no one took them seriously.


President (not gonna bring us together) Obama wasted no time in pulling out his race card and pressing his anti-gun agenda.
I really think you have to be a troll. A brilliant one at that. I only say this because of your reply about voting for Trump.

You don't make any case against guns by listing the 60 people killed in City X, Y, Z.

People are still dying. It's just as tragic when it's inner cities, as it is in a church. Of course the media focuses more on the shootings that happen at a CHURCH, or ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, versus what is typically gang related activity. It's pretty much common for us to associate gangs and death. It's now getting to the same level that if school children are shot, that's just America

It's still guns. We'll never get rid of them, but we should take steps to regulate them.
BEAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 01:05 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
trojanchick99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Los Feliz, CA (between Hollywood and Downtown LA)
Posts: 8,352
Local Time: 03:29 PM
I'm so fucking angry today. Because of our insane gun culture, this racist scumbag was able to murder 9 innocent people. Because he's a lone white male, we're not allowed to call him a terrorist. Because he was a white male he was able to be taken into custody alive. This country is so fucked up.
trojanchick99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 01:29 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,266
Local Time: 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
I really think you have to be a troll. A brilliant one at that. I only say this because of your reply about voting for Trump.

You don't make any case against guns by listing the 60 people killed in City X, Y, Z.

People are still dying. It's just as tragic when it's inner cities, as it is in a church. Of course the media focuses more on the shootings that happen at a CHURCH, or ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, versus what is typically gang related activity. It's pretty much common for us to associate gangs and death. It's now getting to the same level that if school children are shot, that's just America

It's still guns. We'll never get rid of them, but we should take steps to regulate them.


I wasn't making a case against guns. I was trying to make the case that evil people are murdering people.

Why is a person's life taken by a gang member of less importance to the media and to the president? It's because they can't play their "race card" and push their agenda.
The media can't have days of parading their experts and talking heads.


For God's sake, why can't we discuss the real issues?

Here's one:

It's now being reported that his father gave him the gun. It is also being reported the police found a prescription drug on the Charlestown murderer.

Sounds like the parenting skills of Adam Lanza's mother.
the iron horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 01:32 PM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
trojanchick99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Los Feliz, CA (between Hollywood and Downtown LA)
Posts: 8,352
Local Time: 03:29 PM
Oh, so it's all about bad parenting? So, the difference between us, Australia, The UK, France, Spain, Italy, etc is that Americans just suck at parenting?

No. The difference is that it's easier to get a gun than a driver's license. The difference is that our culture reveres gun ownership like we're still in 1775. It's sick.
trojanchick99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 01:33 PM   #30
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,064
Local Time: 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
President (not gonna bring us together) Obama wasted no time in pulling out his race card and pressing his anti-gun agenda.

given that this was a white nationalist murdering african americans in a church where MLK had preached and was once a stop on the Underground Railroad, combined with the fact that this person has easy access to firearms especially in a southern state, how is this issue not about race and guns?

honestly.
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 01:38 PM   #31
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,064
Local Time: 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
It's now being reported that his father gave him the gun. It is also being reported the police found a prescription drug on the Charlestown murderer.

Sounds like the parenting skills of Adam Lanza's mother.


why are these people all able to get guns so easily? and in the case of Adam Lanza, so many powerful semi-automatic guns?

it IS about guns.

it IS about race.

like, that's exactly what this is about. a likely mentally ill racist used a gun to murder 9 people.

RACE and GUNS.
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 01:41 PM   #32
Blue Crack Addict
 
prbiker15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 15,611
Local Time: 06:29 PM
Mass Shooting at South Carolina AME Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanchick99 View Post
I'm so fucking angry today. Because of our insane gun culture, this racist scumbag was able to murder 9 innocent people. Because he's a lone white male, we're not allowed to call him a terrorist. Because he was a white male he was able to be taken into custody alive. This country is so fucked up.
Agreed. Horrible stuff.
prbiker15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 01:41 PM   #33
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,228
Local Time: 04:29 PM
Mass Shooting at South Carolina AME Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post



Why is a person's life taken by a gang member of less importance to the media and to the president? It's because they can't play their "race card" and push their agenda.

No, it's because it's a MASS shooting.

It's a senseless mass shooting where race was a factor. You turning a blind eye to that and rushing to throw the term "race card" makes you just as agenda driven as the ones you blame. What a shame... disgusting


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
BVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 01:42 PM   #34
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,064
Local Time: 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsaget77 View Post
There's a point where a message has to be sent to these psychos. They become exactly what they want when they have these mass shootings. Their name becomes famous, they sit in an isolated area and then either rot in prison or die. That's simply not enough. Now, do we need to chop off all of his fingers and gouge out his eyes? No, probably not. But they allow these scumbags a quick and pain less death.
Will it stop people from doing these shootings and heinous crimes? No. But if these shootings were properly handled instead of a massive media coverage about their names and lives and if these murderers actually had to suffer for their actions, a lot of these nuts probably wouldn't be as common. This isn't a gun issue like many of the liberal nutjobs like to make it, because every time a gun is involved, all deaths need to be disregarded so we can focus on guns again. Because if someone is driven to commit mass murder, there is absolutely no way they can find access to a weapon if guns are illegal. (Sarcasm) It's a morality issue and won't be fixed, but treating these situations better instead of always blaming guns would be a step forward. But of course, no one can gain political leverage from that, so it won't happen.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference


he could have stabbed 9 people to death with a kitchen knife just as easily. you're totally right.

coming from Texas, one of the capital punishment capitols of the world, you well know that it's your high rate of executions that keeps your crime rate so low. criminals in Texas always think twice about murder because they fear the death penalty. the thought of capital punishment has prevented so many murders, it's really great that you have it. especially when you look at the much higher murder rates in states like Connecticut, Vermont, Iowa, and North Dakota, which have outlawed the death penalty.
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 01:42 PM   #35
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,064
Local Time: 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
No, it's because it's a MASS shooting.

It's a senseless mass shooting where race was a factor. You turning a blind eye to that and rushing to throw the term "race card" makes you just as agenda driven as the ones you blame. What a shame.


Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference


saying someone is "playing the race card" is actually playing the race card.
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 01:43 PM   #36
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Philadelphia
Posts: 19,218
Local Time: 06:29 PM
Racism isn't a mental illness. I think lumping people with mental illnesses in with people like this does an injustice to mental illness.

This is a racist who had easy access to guns and used them to murder people he hated. This needs to be politicized immediately or it will happen again. This needs to lead directly, right now, to a discussion about gun control.
PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 01:48 PM   #37
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,064
Local Time: 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
Racism isn't a mental illness. I think lumping people with mental illnesses in with people like this does an injustice to mental illness.

i think anyone who commits a mass shooting is almost by definition mentally ill.
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 01:50 PM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
trojanchick99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Los Feliz, CA (between Hollywood and Downtown LA)
Posts: 8,352
Local Time: 03:29 PM
The problem is the NRA will stop any and all attempts at gun control. If the slaughter of 20 small children won't change anything, nothing will.
trojanchick99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 01:56 PM   #39
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,621
Local Time: 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
President (not gonna bring us together) Obama wasted no time in pulling out his race card and pressing his anti-gun agenda.
Excuse me? How much more plainly racist does a violent act need to be before it's justified calling out racist acts for what they are? You don't wear the flag of apartheid-era South Africa and Rhodesia without having some pretty plainly obvious racist leanings. Not to mention the stars and bars on his front license plate. Not to mention him plainly telling a survivor that he was doing this because black people need to go.

It's not "pulling out the race card" if you accurately describe the motivations of the racist asshole who perpetrated this crime.
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 04:40 PM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
the iron horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: in a glass of CheerWine
Posts: 3,266
Local Time: 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Excuse me? How much more plainly racist does a violent act need to be before it's justified calling out racist acts for what they are? You don't wear the flag of apartheid-era South Africa and Rhodesia without having some pretty plainly obvious racist leanings. Not to mention the stars and bars on his front license plate. Not to mention him plainly telling a survivor that he was doing this because black people need to go.

It's not "pulling out the race card" if you accurately describe the motivations of the racist asshole who perpetrated this crime.
Dieman,

I did not say Dylann Roof is not a racist. The facts are showing he is a racist.

I did say that Obama used this to again further divide Americans and push his agenda. I guess you do not agree with this, but I'm not alone in viewing his speech as divisive.

Obama says church shooting shows need for reckoning on guns - AOL.com


He also lied when he said that mass killings do not occur in other advanced countries.

They do. In Norway a murderer killed 70 children and adults a few year ago.

Senseless murders occur all over the world. They have in the past. They will in the future. There is evil in this world.

It is sad. It is tragic.

My hope is that we will try to discuss the reasons these events occur and how we can better prevent them. Hopefully we can stop the next one.
__________________

the iron horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×