Mass Shooting at Connecticut Elementary School

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
they have got to be taught when they are young, it is what the founding fathers would have wanted

Crickett Firearms - My First Rifle - Youth Model 22 Rifles - Proudly Made In The USA

11.jpg

"It was God's will. It was her time to go, I guess," she told WLEX. "I just know she's in heaven right now and I know she's in good hands with the Lord."

Family members Wednesday described the shooting as an accident.

"He just picked (the gun) up before he realized it," grandmother Linda Riddle told WLEX.

Riddle said her granddaughter enjoyed singing and playing outdoors, and she loved her brother.

"It's just tragic," uncle David Mann told the CNN affiliate. "It's something that you can't prepare for."

Riddle said she is devastated, but comforted knowing that her granddaughter is in a better place.

haha, something you can't prepare for? I assume he means the feeling of losing a child. Not that they could have prepared in not letting a five year old pick up a gun and shoot his sister???

Cause that seems pretty simple. Even if you had the gun, maybe not have it loaded????

Oh, it was gods will? Well I feel better now.
god is pretty fucked up if he's into having 5 year olds shoot their 2 year old sisters. He works in mysterious ways!

um, there's a little thing called THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES.

i think children should be armed in utero, so they can defend themselves from abortionists.

Perhaps in your haste to snark you slipped up when referred to the fetal tissue mass as "children." This might greatly offend some but I'll be charitable and chalk it up as "growth" on your part regarding the issue.

As to the point. Guess who would support your proposal unanimously? In utero children that's who and since I thought the Left was all about "leveling the playing field" why not let the little unborn bundles of joy pack heat?

images

Go ahead doc... make my day.

Perhaps in your haste to snark you slipped up when referred to the fetal tissue mass as "children." This might greatly offend some but I'll be charitable and chalk it up as "growth" on your part regarding the issue.

Seeing as how he was playing the part of a NRA mouth breather, I'd say the term fits the character

Seeing as how he was playing the part of a NRA mouth breather, I'd say the term fits the character

Exactly.

Though who needs abortions when we give 5 year olds My First Gun and they shoot their 2 year old sisters?

GOPers are only pro-birth, not pro-life.

:lol: irving :( :(

Riddle said her granddaughter enjoyed singing and playing outdoors, and she loved her brother.
:sad: :sigh:

and that 5 yr old :( i hope he will eventually bealright

Though totally different...

I just flashed on that iconic awful photo of a firefighter? Some Rescue-type person who carried out that little toddler ? Baylee from the Oklahoma bombing

As to the point. Guess who would support your proposal unanimously? In utero children that's who and since I thought the Left was all about "leveling the playing field" why not let the little unborn bundles of joy pack heat?

images

Go ahead doc... make my day.
Just like these irresponsible gun owners, you just shot yourself in the foot.

um, there's a little thing called THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES.

i think children should be armed in utero, so they can defend themselves from abortionists.

Up until the point where the accidentally shoot their mothers in the ovaries. It would probably be explained away as god's will if they hit some other organ like a kidney or liver, but managed to be salvaged from her corpse at the hospital. But if they mistook the reproductive organ for something sinister and she could no longer procreate...well shit, then we might need some gun control!

How do the people advocating stronger gun laws feel about current drug laws? How do the people against stronger gun laws feel about them?

Vendor Pulls ‘Obama’ Target From Booth At NRA Convention

ERIC LACH 10:29 AM EDT, MONDAY MAY 6, 2013

At its convention in Houston, over the weekend, the National Rifle Association asked a vendor to take down a mannequin target that looked like President Barack Obama, Buzzfeed reported on Sunday.

The vendor, Zombie Industries, produces "life-sized tactical mannequin" targets that "bleed" when shot. Photographs of the company's booth at the convention taken by Buzzfeed show that the company had several sample mannequins displayed for sale, including a clown, a "terrorist," and a Nazi.

"Someone from the NRA came by and asked us to remove it" a Zombie Industries booth worker told BuzzFeed, referring to the company's "Bleeding Rocky Zombie" target. "They thought it looked too much like President Obama."

Buzzfeed asked the worker if the resemblance was intentional.

"Let's just say I gave my Republican father one for Christmas," the worker replied.

The Rocky mannequins are being sold at Zombie Industries' website for $89.95 each. The product description states that "Rocky is HIGHLY dangerous due to his quick wit and strength… he was last seen screaming something like, 'Zombie Industries believes in America!' And that we do."

"What makes our Zombie’s so special?" the product description page asks. "They’re filled with biodegradable matter, which makes clean up a wee-bit easier…(are you happy, mom?) …and oh yah, let’s not forget, they bleed and burst into little pieces of blood soaked, Zombie matter when you shoot them!"

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/vendor-pulls-obama-target-from-booth-at-nra

It's incredibly complex. In 1993, DC had 500+ murders a year. Now, it's at about 100+. And the population has been steadily increasing. Many factors are at play.

But this from the article is interesting:

Nearly all the decline in the firearm homicide rate took place in the 1990s; the downward trend stopped in 2001 and resumed slowly in 2007. The victimization rate for other gun crimes plunged in the 1990s, then declined more slowly from 2000 to 2008. The rate appears to be higher in 2011 compared with 2008, but the increase is not statistically significant. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall also dropped in the 1990s before declining more slowly from 2000 to 2010, then ticked up in 2011.

It wasn't meant to make a point one way or another. I completely agree it's complicated.
What factors were at play in the 90s that aren't today anyway? Or nothing specific?

It wasn't meant to make a point one way or another. I completely agree it's complicated.
What factors were at play in the 90s that aren't today anyway? Or nothing specific?

Better policing. The effects of Roe v Wade. Assault weapons ban. A roaring economy. Gentrification of once high crime areas (often by gays). More police. Changing of the 1980s crack economy. Aging of the population. More police (and their freedom destroying government jobs and pensions).

So it might just be a plateau of those effects we're seeing as opposed to anything negatively affecting whatever was going on.

Anyway, just thought it might spark some conversation amongst yous guys.

Boy, 5, shoots brother while taking bath, police say

HOUSTON - A 5-year-old boy shot his older brother while the two were taking a bath, according to video from KPRC.

The boys' mother told police she was giving them a bath at their home when she stepped away and heard the shot.

"They were playing around. It wasn't intentional," said Houston Police Sgt. Ryan Gardiner.

The 5-year-old boy grabbed an old .22-caliber rifle and shot his brother at least one time in the lower back, police said.

The child was hospitalized and expected to survive, KPRC says.

Are guns now bathtime toys? Seriously what the fuck is wrong with all these parents?

Back
Top Bottom