Mass Shooting at Connecticut Elementary School

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Apparently/allegedly he did enough advance planning to smash his computer so that police couldn't recover evidence from it

I wouldn't be too worried:

But in the age of cloud computing and multiple Internet-connected devices, authorities have no shortage of ways to follow his online footprints for clues, from acquiring his emails and search history to obtaining his online correspondence while he reportedly played "Call of Duty" on Xbox, experts said.
"Your Internet history is very telling," said Monique Ferraro, an attorney and digital forensics expert. "Even without a hard drive, if he was on the Internet, and most people are, investigators will be able to tell quite a bit about what he was doing, where he was going and what he was thinking."

And if, for example, Lanza used Google for email or Web search, law enforcement officials will likely subpoena the company to gain access to the content of his emails or what sites he visited after conducting a Google search, according to experts. As the recent email scandal involving retired Gen. David Petraeus highlighted, it's very difficult to hide the details of correspondence from law enforcement -- even for the director of the CIA.

Adam Lanza's Smashed Hard Drive Doesn't Erase His Digital Footprint, Experts Say

Watching Obama's presser where he asks for concrete proposals by January and advocates a compromise approach to enact some meaningful regulations on "weapons of war", as he called it.

The very first question from the media was on the....fiscal cliff. Obama has now spent almost 15 minutes talking about the current budget negotiations.

Priorities.

Just when you think you heard it all.

The best part was the suggestion that some of the "huskier 12-year old" male students should have tackled the shooter.

And it was a woman who said that. Sigh.

She could have at least done her research. There were no 12-year-olds at the school. I guess the husky 10-year-old boys should have self-sacrificed in an exercise of machismo.

She could have at least done her research. There were no 12-year-olds at the school. I guess the husky 10-year-old boys should have self-sacrificed in an exercise of machismo.

men and boys naturally want to do this. which is why we can't have women in combat, because the men will forsake their orders and duties and instead heed their natural calling to protect women.

Oh I know they should still be able to get information. I was just wondering about his mental state, as far as planning and he still thought to do that.

I just wonder about that, the smashing and anything else he did to cover his tracks. They say he killed himself just as the first responders arrived, so I wonder if he had planned to do that all along or not. He had so much ammunition on him that the carnage could have been far worse.

I also read on my phone today that a guy with a gun was supposedly seen outside a school in Arizona. Don't know if that turned out to be a false alarm or not.

SALT LAKE CITY (Reuters) - An 11-year-old Utah boy who said he brought a gun to school to protect himself from a Newtown-style attack, then brandished the pistol at three classmates during recess, has been detained on assault and weapons charges, a school spokesman said on Tuesday.

The boy, a Utah sixth-grader, took the unloaded .22-caliber handgun to his school south of Salt Lake City in his backpack on Monday, a spokesman for the Granite School District said.

Some ammunition was also found in the backpack, but it did not appear to go with the gun, said the spokesman, Ben Horsley.

No one was injured in the incident, which occurred as jittery parents, teachers and students around the country faced their first day back at school since 20 children and six adult staffers at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, were shot to death by a lone gunman last Friday.

The 11-year-old student at Utah's West Kearns Elementary, who was not publicly identified, has insisted he brought the gun to school to "protect himself and his friends from a Connecticut-style incident," Horsley said.

However, the boy is accused of waving the gun at three classmates on a soccer field during recess. Later on Monday, one of those students and a second classmate alerted their teacher, who "immediately took the student into custody and took him down to the principal's office," Horsley said.

After being briefly questioned, the boy admitted bringing the gun to school, and the weapon was recovered minutes later.

Some parents questioned the decision not to initiate a security "lockdown," but school administrators reasoned that it made no sense to risk alarming students when the threat was so quickly averted, Horsley said.

The boy was booked into a local juvenile detention center on Monday night on one count of possession of a deadly weapon on school property and three counts of aggravated assault. He was also suspended from school indefinitely.

Horsley described the boy's parents as shocked by the incident and cooperating with investigators, who found the gun belonged to a relative who has been living temporarily with the boy's family.

He said the community was "rightfully" shaken by the incident. "Because of the tragic occurrence in Connecticut, people's emotions with respect to children's safety is right at the surface, and we're just as concerned as the parents."

Because the incident unfolded less than an hour before classes were dismissed, parents could not be notified until well after the school day had ended, and only then by telephone, he said.

Let's join in in a rousing chorus of my favorite response. All together, now ....

CHRIST, WHAT AN ASSHOLE.

But in general, a feminized setting is a setting in which helpless passivity is the norm. Male aggression can be a good thing, as in protecting the weak — but it has been forced out of the culture of elementary schools and the education schools that train their personnel. Think of what Sandy Hook might have been like if a couple of male teachers who had played high-school football, or even some of the huskier 12-year-old boys, had converged on Lanza.

it boggles the mind.

and all due respect to the NRO commenters -- they tear this crazy woman to shreds.

colleen2 Cartoon Peril • 5 hours ago
Ms Allen is just a Republican woman helping us to understand why Republican men believe women are stupid.
147 1 •Reply•Share ›

11bravo Cartoon Peril • 8 hours ago
"why is only that a male janitor can throw it?" Because girls throw like....girls!!!
You are diluted to think women are the physical equal to men, that is the point.
7 30 •Reply•Share ›

Cartoon Peril 11bravo • 6 hours ago −
I believe you meant to say "deluded" rather than "diluted". But either way, the gun is the great equalizer, no?

Gosh, If only I could come up with some aggression to say what I'm feeling right now.

Damn my feminist helpless passivity!

Gosh, If only I could come up with some aggression to say what I'm feeling right now.

Damn my feminist helpless passivity!

don't dilute yourself to think you're feminine brain capable of such aggression. leave that to the husky 12 year old boys or bucket tossing janitors.

For what it's worth husky 12 year old boys is a fairly weird phrase.

says who?

12-13-2004.Charlotte_Allen_bw.GVS1GF6O8.1.jpg

if Charlotte Allen wants to speak in praise of them, that is her business

Here's a look at the conspiracy theories - yep, they've happened. Amazing what some people believe:

10 Mind-Blowingly Disturbing And Ridiculous Conspiracy Theories Surrounding The Sandy Hook Shooting

:crack: :coocoo:

(Israeli forces? What. The. F...? :huh:)

If only...if only a strong, burly man had been around to protect the weak, defenseless women and children, none of this would have happened.

Newtown Answers - NRO Symposium - National Review Online

Wow. That is one shitty, poorly explained article right there. But given the general leanings of the magazine, I can't say that this attitude isn't all that surprising.

What the hell is so wrong with admitting that our country's obsession with and easy access to guns MIGHT be at least partly to blame for these tragedies? I do not get why people are digging in their heels and absolutely refusing to concede on this issue. Twenty kids dying isn't enough for you people to go, "Gee, maybe we should be more wary about who can have a gun"?!?!

(On that note, let's just take stock here for a moment: Janet Jackson showed her nipple at the halftime Superbowl show for, like, two seconds eight years ago, and the country freaked out because that image might somehow harm our kids *Cue all sorts of hand-wringing*. The FCC spent tons of time analyzing the crap out of this and whether or not CBS should be fined for what they showed on TV.

But twenty kids die at the hands of a gunman and, "Don't take away our guns! That's not the reason these kids died!" Okay.)

Back
Top Bottom