Marijuana in Your Brain - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-04-2014, 09:10 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
MrPryck2U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Long Island, NY, USA, Earth
Posts: 9,456
Local Time: 09:05 PM
I smoked some synthetic stuff a few years ago. I thought I was gonna fuckin' die for about an hour. Never again.
__________________

MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:23 PM   #22
Blue Crack Supplier
 
IWasBored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 36,783
Local Time: 10:05 PM
Marijuana in Your Brain

All it did was make me hungry, which made me angry because the only food my friends had in the fridge was jicama and frozen vegan pizzas. Not a fan of the stuff, and all the potheads I've ever known have been fucking idiots. Don't see the harm in it being legal when used responsibly, etc. but the shit reeks and I want nothing to do with it.


As for the whole potheads don't go driving and crash their cars, they do. Plenty of people crash their cars stoned. They're just generally not as catastrophic and potentially fatal as drunk driving accidents, cos honestly some dipshit causing a minor fender bender while happening to be stoned isn't half as newsworthy as a +100 mph head-on into a pole. But saying it doesn't impair judgement at all is pretty silly.
__________________

IWasBored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:27 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
MrPryck2U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Long Island, NY, USA, Earth
Posts: 9,456
Local Time: 09:05 PM
If you ever get stoned again, you might wanna try it on a full stomach. You'll avoid the munchies that way.
MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:00 AM   #24
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,899
Local Time: 11:05 PM
Washington, D.C. council has voted to decriminalize marijuana. Less than an ounce will be subject to a $25 fine.
__________________

BoMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:19 AM   #25
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,354
Local Time: 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
Not a fan of the stuff, and all the potheads I've ever known have been fucking idiots. Don't see the harm in it being legal when used responsibly, etc. but the shit reeks and I want nothing to do with it.
I don't usually say 'this,' but this.
Vlad n U 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:57 AM   #26
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,778
Local Time: 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicy View Post

That's interesting. It MAKES me overthink most of the time. But then again it depends on which kind you're smoking, indica or sativa.
Ritalin also makes non ADD people's brains hyperactive. Some brains are wired a little different than others, so it works in different ways.

Apparently the Dutch variety is a mix with more Sativa than Indica.


Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post
All it did was make me hungry, which made me angry because the only food my friends had in the fridge was jicama and frozen vegan pizzas. Not a fan of the stuff, and all the potheads I've ever known have been fucking idiots. Don't see the harm in it being legal when used responsibly, etc. but the shit reeks and I want nothing to do with it.

Vegan pizza? Poor you! I usually tend to crave salted microwave popcorn. Always have that in the house anyway.


And funny, your last sentence could be applied to regular smoking as well.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:04 AM   #27
The Fly
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 60
Local Time: 09:05 PM
I still see a lot of incorrect generalized labels.

My mother would rather see me medicated on a dangerous drug like Prozac (which I've already said made me have uncontrollable emotions with uncontrollable urges for suicide)
than my choice of medication, a natural yet illegal "drug".

I am from a place where it is decriminalized, I grew up with family members smoking it and growing it, driving while smoking, etc. They never struck me as idiots, violent, or different from any other sober person. It did not impair their judgment like alcohol did, or OxyContin did, or cocaine did, or even by personal account, it did not ever give me the urges to kill myself like Prozac did. My mother is a recovering alcoholic, never smoked weed, and since then she's been brainwashed to think that we should ALL live sober lives without the aid of medication. Yet she insists on me staying on Prozac, saying my depression and bi-polar issues are 'serious' and need to be dealt with.
Well I am now living in a place far away from her where marijuana is totally illegal. We will be passing medical marijuana later this year. I told her that I will be seeing a doctor to get a prescription for marijuana for depression and bi-polar issues. (Keep in mind that I have seen many therapists and they have told me that my problem is my mom- and I have never been diagnosed with bi-polar, that is just HER diagnoses.)
Well my mom has freaked out and disagrees with me.

People like her, I just don't get. Like how can you be such an idiot? I am telling her that marijuana resolves my symptoms, naturally, with no side effects and no dangerous adverse effects like Prozac, and I told her about the few breakdowns I've had that were due to Prozac. Yet just because she THINKS mj is bad, that I should def go with Prozac because at least that's LEGAL.

Really.

And you call MY people idiots?


BTW: I love the smell of weed. I wish Febreze would make a smell of it. Maybe it brings me back to my childhood and brings happy memories, I don't know. But when my boyfriend smokes he makes sure to blow it around me because I just LOVE the smell.
Weird, I know.
feedthetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:28 AM   #28
The Fly
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 60
Local Time: 09:05 PM
Oh I forgot why I came here haha. (Obviously I've smoked today)

I have been seeing my boyfriend for over a year. He has always been uptight, anxious, wound up, easy to aggravate. He later told me that he is in pain all the time due to a car accident that severely injured him and he suffers from anxiety and insomnia because of his pain meds. I looked into his med cabinet and I was HORRIFIED to see: Paxil, Xanax, Valium, Vicodin, Percocet, Lithium, Unisom, Benadryl, TylenolPM, etc etc etc.
Everything that I had been on but kicked.
Luckily he enjoyed to smoke bud once in awhile...
It was hard to talk him into totally giving up his meds but I literally beat him down to the bone. I still think to this day he had an addiction to those pills as he probably still does.

Last night someone cut him off on the road and he nearly went apeshit. I took out my pipe from my purse and said, "Here. Have a Hit- QUICK". We pulled into the McDonald's parking lot to smoke and hopefully chill him out! Within minutes, he was calm, relaxed and said, "Want to get a sundae?" with a big smile on his face.
We had a pleasant ride home.

Slowly but surely his med cabinet has now been emptied of those pills and now he just takes a bit of Melatonin for sleep at night. He mainly smokes himself out of a bad mood or bad back pain.
He's happy. And seeing him happy makes me happy.

I don't care what anyone says, this is medicine. And it works.
feedthetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:02 PM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Pearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,741
Local Time: 10:05 PM
I think what some here mean when they say idiots, what they really mean are people who smoke weed recreationally all day. They have no medical or mental health reason to smoke a dozen times a day. They just do it out of boredom or lack of direction. So it is absurd to be stoned all day like that for no good reason.
Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:10 PM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
MrPryck2U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Long Island, NY, USA, Earth
Posts: 9,456
Local Time: 09:05 PM
C'mon, Bored was generalizing. It seems he has some friends who are potheads who are fuckin' idiots. I've got some friends who are assholes when they're drunk. As a result, I don't hang out with drunks.
MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:35 PM   #31
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 30,920
Local Time: 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPryck2U View Post
C'mon, Bored was generalizing. It seems he has some friends who are potheads who are fuckin' idiots.
It also seems he is a she.
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:32 PM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
MrPryck2U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Long Island, NY, USA, Earth
Posts: 9,456
Local Time: 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
It also seems he is a she.
Pronoun trouble again. Must be all that weed.


1- She writes like a dude.

2- On her profile, her gender is "undisclosed".
MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:09 PM   #33
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,354
Local Time: 12:35 PM
How would one 'write like a dude'?
Vlad n U 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:14 PM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
MrPryck2U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Long Island, NY, USA, Earth
Posts: 9,456
Local Time: 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
How would one 'write like a dude'?

I'd have to do about 4 bong hits to explain it to you.
MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:39 PM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
sue4u2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: hatching some plot, scheming some scheme
Posts: 6,628
Local Time: 09:05 PM
I had the opportunity to sample some medicinal pot, from California - for pain, as I have rheumatoid arthritis. I was astounded. It loosened my stiff joints and motivated me to move and really did away with the pain the way no opioid ever has. I didn't have that foggy doped up feeling and pondered for sometime just how the hell I was going to get to Ca. to get some more. Having been in pain everyday for years now, I cannot find any downside to this with the exception of drug testing for employment. I was thrilled to read last week that there is a bill before the Alabama legislators to legalize medical mj for seizures, ptsd, traumatic brain injuries and other ailments. I really never thought I would see this in Al. but they are considering it.
I also had the chance to try some pot from a friend who came through Co in Jan. It was totally different. Although it was a nice buzz it was not that beneficial for the aches and pains. I hope they approve it state wide soon. I'm more interested in the pain control and not so much the buzz. That's just a nice little side effect.
sue4u2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:58 PM   #36
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,058
Local Time: 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sue4u2 View Post
I had the opportunity to sample some medicinal pot, from California - for pain, as I have rheumatoid arthritis. I was astounded. It loosened my stiff joints and motivated me to move and really did away with the pain the way no opioid ever has. I didn't have that foggy doped up feeling and pondered for sometime just how the hell I was going to get to Ca. to get some more. Having been in pain everyday for years now, I cannot find any downside to this with the exception of drug testing for employment. I was thrilled to read last week that there is a bill before the Alabama legislators to legalize medical mj for seizures, ptsd, traumatic brain injuries and other ailments. I really never thought I would see this in Al. but they are considering it.
I also had the chance to try some pot from a friend who came through Co in Jan. It was totally different. Although it was a nice buzz it was not that beneficial for the aches and pains. I hope they approve it state wide soon. I'm more interested in the pain control and not so much the buzz. That's just a nice little side effect.



very happy it's helping you.
Irvine511 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:09 AM   #37
Refugee
 
nbelcik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,592
Local Time: 07:05 PM
I'm 18 and have suffered from Crohn's disease for more than a year. Marijuana helps relieve all the pain and actually heals the inflammation that's the underlying cause of the disease. Tomorrow I have an appointment with my doctor to ask for a medical marijuana card and I'm super nervous. I hate how there's a stigma attached to it, I'm just glad my parents are supportive...I really hope my doctor is too.
nbelcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:49 AM   #38
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 67,878
Local Time: 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWasBored View Post

As for the whole potheads don't go driving and crash their cars, they do. Plenty of people crash their cars stoned. They're just generally not as catastrophic and potentially fatal as drunk driving accidents, cos honestly some dipshit causing a minor fender bender while happening to be stoned isn't half as newsworthy as a +100 mph head-on into a pole. But saying it doesn't impair judgement at all is pretty silly.
A couple years back, this girl that later turned out to have been stoned ran a stop sign and I crashed into her going about 50 MPH. Completely totaled my car and really fucked hers up as well. Thank God that didn't kill anyone. Weed does have a strong detrimental effect on driving skill because yeah, that car was crawling but she still tried to cross a highway without even looking first.

Anyway, I fully support marijuana legalization for the multitude of reasons listed in this thread, but just wanted to add my 2 cents on the driving issue. The people that choose to smoke should be held accountable just like those who drink, but adults should be allowed to make those decisions for themselves until they prove they are unable to do so.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:24 AM   #39
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Philadelphia
Posts: 19,218
Local Time: 10:05 PM
I don't think anyone who supports the legalization of marijuana thinks it should be unregulated, despite some posts in this thread that may have in their phrasing minimized the negative effects. No one should be stoned and driving.
PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:30 AM   #40
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,778
Local Time: 04:05 AM
Oh no, not at all. It should be legalized and regulated like alcohol. Not under 18 and not while driving, operating heavy machinery and everything else that requries a fully functional brain.
__________________

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×